HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: The quality of poutine dropping in QC?

Old
01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
VanNistelrooy

vCash: 500
The best poutine out there is at La Cantine de la Gare, Rimouski represent !

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

I prefer Italian Poutine. That's so good.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:12 PM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
It's a slow day so I figured I'd make a poutine thread. Is it me or does La Belle Province make ****tier poutines then they did a few years back? The sauce isn't as good as it once was, the portion and presentation is different. I prefered the old styrofoam container poutines, not the newaged black plastic container poutines.

Poutine is dieing in QC! We need some life support here. Better quality cheese, better quality fries, and especially better quality sauce. Some places their poutine is so bad it's inexcusable.

My friend TRUST ME, YOU have to come to montreal, Ville-Emard and make a stop at Dillalo Burger ( on Allard Street ).They got the best Poutine in the world, and probably also the best Burgers. Iv heard that there are some otehr franchise witch are average, but this restaurent really kick arse.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
The inventor of the poutine cannot be overrated TBPFH.
Pfffffff... go choke on paprika scented gravy.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
I prefer Italian Poutine. That's so good.
So true.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Italian Poutine are fake

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Gustave

Anyone tried the Poutine au Foie gras at le Pied de Cochon(something like that)? Me and my gf will take a crack at it next week, so I'm looking for reviews from real Poutine lovers.

As for this thread, I can't believe that Route 66 in Vanier has been mentioned. It is very good and I like it a lot. I am not sure that a lot of people know about this place. Poutine piquante at Ashton sure kicks some serious ass too.

To all Montrealers: do not order a poutine in a place called Corvette or Korvette. Near Jarry and Cristophe-Colomb: worst sauce in the history of mankind. And what's up with some of you guys grabbing a Poutine at ANY La belle Province? Awful.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

I'M planning to open a Belle Province kinda restaurent in Chile.

I'M going to sell Poutine to Chilean lol!!!

BTW u could always find a good Poutine at the Belle Province (atwater, Notre-Dame)
with the Black sauce hmmmmmm

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

In a hurry, try McDonald's. All incredients are extremely cheap, but it has this McDonald's "Man this stuff is deep fried scrappings off the floor of the slaughter house...but it's good!" value. Definitively has its charm.

Small, just there fries, good cheese if you like your poutines with molten cheeze instead of cruds, and a McDo-like sauce. One serving clogs all.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
In a hurry, try McDonald's. All incredients are extremely cheap, but it has this McDonald's "Man this stuff is deep fried scrappings off the floor of the slaughter house...but it's good!" value. Definitively has its charm.

Small, just there fries, good cheese if you like your poutines with molten cheeze instead of cruds, and a McDo-like sauce. One serving clogs all.
The last thing I would do is that!!!! Eat a Poutine at McDonal

fries there kinda suck, they taste and smells like cheese lol

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post

To all Montrealers: do not order a poutine in a place called Corvette or Korvette. Near Jarry and Cristophe-Colomb: worst sauce in the history of mankind. And what's up with some of you guys grabbing a Poutine at ANY La belle Province? Awful.
Haha I know this place.I was residing near Cristo and Jarry a couple of years ago and I had the sadly magnificent privilege to order one of their poutines,this thing deserved at best 1/10,for the effort.:I was sick for the most part in school.Not a experience you reedit.

Belle Province is decent at times,but when you taste it you can easily feel it's not a personal great poutine experience.It's not that bad,but the quality should be definitely improved.

What's with the talk of La Banquise?I've never heard of this highly recommended poutine institution and it seems somehow prestigious,as their poutine standards are considerably of higher quality.

My homer suggestion: Déli-Plus on Papineau and Villeray.Poutine of solid quality,homemade,just great.If you want to eat there,do it you'll be quite satisfied.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post
Haha I know this place.I was residing near Cristo and Jarry a couple of years ago and I had the sadly magnificent privilege to order one of their poutines,this thing deserved at best 1/10,for the effort.:I was sick for the most part in school.Not a experience you reedit.

My homer suggestion: Déli-Plus on Papineau and Villeray.Poutine of solid quality,homemade,just great.If you want to eat there,do it you'll be quite satisfied.
1- Yeah, tell me about it. Very forgettable indeed.

2- Thx, I'll give it a try next time I'm in the area.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 06:30 PM
mrCoffea*

Frite Alors! has some good poutine. I love the belgian style fries

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan4ever View Post
My friend TRUST ME, YOU have to come to montreal, Ville-Emard and make a stop at Dillalo Burger ( on Allard Street ).They got the best Poutine in the world, and probably also the best Burgers. Iv heard that there are some otehr franchise witch are average, but this restaurent really kick arse.
Oh dillalo!

We always deliver that in my shop.

(I work at transcontinental, on Ann Street (Near peel and wellington)

Kenny Powders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
Anyone tried the Poutine au Foie gras at le Pied de Cochon(something like that)? Me and my gf will take a crack at it next week, so I'm looking for reviews from real Poutine lovers.

As for this thread, I can't believe that Route 66 in Vanier has been mentioned. It is very good and I like it a lot. I am not sure that a lot of people know about this place. Poutine piquante at Ashton sure kicks some serious ass too.

Hey man don't diss the *quick* fixer-upper. It's not high quality, but like someone said, the further you go away from downtown, the better (for lack of a better term) it gets.

IFthere is one thing good about the Belle Pro poutine, it's the cheese, for the squeaky-tender lovers.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 01-08-2008 at 07:09 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The President View Post

Belle Province is decent at times,but when you taste it you can easily feel it's not a personal great poutine experience.It's not that bad,but the quality should be definitely improved.

What's with the talk of La Banquise?I've never heard of this highly recommended poutine institution and it seems somehow prestigious,as their poutine standards are considerably of higher quality.

Their poutines are good, not the best, yet a much higher grade than the BelleP, but it's the choice that makes it so great. If you're tired of the restricted choice of either plain-old and Italian, that's the place you wanna go. OVer 12 sorts of poutine to chose from. And the sizes are pretty decent. It's north of Park Lafontaine if ever you are lookin for it. It's pretty unique and the people there are quite friendly.

Old
01-08-2008, 06:56 PM
MTL-rules

You want real poutine... you got to go to Drummondville...where it was invented (or stolen, if you believe Victoriavillers)!

Jean-Paul Roy and the Roy Jucep in Dr'ville : http://www.jucep.com/inventeur/index.html

There's also Mr. Poutine with buckets of poutine (I think it changed its name)!

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Strazzobosco

The quality of poutine in QC Dropping??? Come down here; the poutine in the DC area sucks big time! (to no-one's surprise though)

Strazzobosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strazzobosco View Post
The quality of poutine in QC Dropping??? Come down here; the poutine in the DC area sucks big time! (to no-one's surprise though)
You cannot get palatable poutine in the States, for the most part.

Or at least I've yet to find any place worth a damn...

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You want real poutine... you got to go to Drummondville...where it was invented (or stolen, if you believe Victoriavillers)!

Jean-Paul Roy and the Roy Jucep in Dr'ville : http://www.jucep.com/inventeur/index.html

There's also Mr. Poutine with buckets of poutine (I think it changed its name)!
It's good, but not great sorry.

I remember in high school in McMasterville there was a La Belle Province with the best fries that I've ever tasted. Their poutines were also great, although sometimes they were average as the sauce was not as tasty from time to time. But then, the damn owner decided to change his supplier of potatoes, and their poutines became really disappointing.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

We have an eating spot here in St-Jean-Sur Richelieu called "Patio Vidal" (it originated here) and they make the best ooey-gooey finger-lickin' great poooooteeeene, bar none!

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
We have an eating spot here in St-Jean-Sur Richelieu called "Patio Vidal" (it originated here) and they make the best ooey-gooey finger-lickin' great poooooteeeene, bar none!

Hey man, we have one in st-eustache,

A damn those ''Poutine Cowboy'' are great!

Vive patio vidal sti!

Kenny Powders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by skar67 View Post
Hey man, we have one in st-eustache,

A damn those ''Poutine Cowboy'' are great!

Vive patio vidal sti!
Holy crappamolee. I didn't remember about Patio Vidal's, especially the one in St-Jean-Sur-Richelieu... last time I went there, 4 AM on the Saint-Jean-Batiste, something like TEN years ago....

Brings back memories.

Old
01-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Happy New Year, folks!

Just got back from over 3 weeks in Cambodia and my second tour of 'Nam (yeah, I like saying that...) and had an interesting poutine related experience. While staying at a guesthouse in Phnom Penh I was lounging on some comfy chairs by the lake and decided to order some food (having a mad case of munchies... had happy pizza with a happy cigarette chaser for dinner earlier...). Looked at the menu and noticed "potato fried with cheese and gravy."

Now, to back up for a bit, I have been in Japan for almost 4 years, and let me just say that gravy and real cheese do NOT exist at all. And having not returned to Canada since arriving, I have been 4 years without poutine (or even fries and gravy for that matter).

So, I bolt out of my comfy chair (actually, it was probably much slower than a bolt... probably a sloooow roll into a kneel and then a few clumsy steps) and ordered said "potato with gravy and cheese" at the counter to see what's up. To make a long story short, I polished off three plates of the closest thing I have had to poutine in a loooong time (and it was really quite good... ordered it on a few occasions after that).

So, my message to the OP: be glad that you atleast have the real thing available to you at all times, despite perceived drops in quality. Some of us would love that luxury!

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 01-08-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Happy New Year, folks!

Just got back from over 3 weeks in Cambodia and my second tour of 'Nam (yeah, I like saying that...) and had an interesting poutine related experience. While staying at a guesthouse in Phnom Penh I was lounging on some comfy chairs by the lake and decided to order some food (having a mad case of munchies... had happy pizza with a happy cigarette chaser for dinner earlier...). Looked at the menu and noticed "potato fried with cheese and gravy."

Now, to back up for a bit, I have been in Japan for almost 4 years, and let me just say that gravy and real cheese do NOT exist at all. And having not returned to Canada since arriving, I have been 4 years without poutine (or even fries and gravy for that matter).

So, I bolt out of my comfy chair (actually, it was probably much slower than a bolt... probably a sloooow roll into a kneel and then a few clumsy steps) and order said "potato with gravy and cheese" to see what's up. To make a long story short, I polished off three plates of the closest thing I have had to poutine in a loooong time (and it was really quite good... ordered it on a few occasions after that).

So, my message to the OP: be glad that you atleast have the real thing available to you at all times, despite perceived drops in quality. Some of us would love that luxury!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... well ain't la belle province beautiful or what?

Welcome back! And happy new year to you too.