HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

December Prospect of the Month

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues prospect of the month for December
TJ Oshie 3 5.08%
Patrik Berglund 35 59.32%
Lars Eller 4 6.78%
Aaron Palushaj 2 3.39%
Chris Porter 0 0%
Nikolai Lemtyguv 5 8.47%
David Perron 2 3.39%
Erik Johnson 7 11.86%
Other 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
BlueBleeder

vCash: 500
December Prospect of the Month

The Canidates

TJ Oshie - 18 Games - 10 goals - 8 assists - 18 pts
TJ Scored twice and added three assists in 5 games in december. He is currently 2nd on his team in scoring.

Patrik Berglund
- 21 Games - 14 goals - 9 assists - 23 pts.
Patrik was brillant at the WJC leading Sweden to a silver medal and making the all-star team with 3 goals and 4 assists in 7 games.

Lars Eller - 16 Games - 2 goals - 5 assists - 7pts.
Lars had a very good WJC tying for the team lead in pts with 3 goals and 3 assists.

Chris Porter - 36 games - 5 goals - 15 assists - 20pts
The gritty forward enjoyed his best month as a pro netting 3 goals and adding 7 assists in 13 games for the Rivermen.

David Perron - 27 Games - 8 goals - 7 assists - 15pts
David notched 2 goals and added 4 assists in 11 games for the Blues in December
Currently 5th on the Blues in scoring despite limited playing time, he also sits just outside the top 10 in rookie scoring.

Nikolai Lemtyguv - 28 Games - 8 goals - 9 assists - 17pts
It looks like Nikolai is starting to adjust to the NA style as he blew up in December with 5 goals and 5 assists in 12 games.

Aaron Palushaj - 20 games - 6 goals - 16 assists - 22pts
Aaron had another strong month started with a 3 assist game. He finished the month with seven points (1g,6a) in five games. Aaron is tied for 10th in the CCHA in scoring, 5th in assists, and 2nd in freshman scoring.

Erik Johnson - 27 games - 3 goals - 10 assists - 13pts
EJ's role continues to expand as his playing time increases. He highlighted his month with the game winning goal against the Wings on New Years Eve (all 3 of EJ's goals have been GWG). He also had a 3 assist game vs the Oilers earlier in the month. He is currently 2nd in Rookie defensemen scoring and leads the Blues blueliners.

-----------
Previous Winners

October - Marek Schwarz - 57%
November - Hannu Toivonen - 37%

(Side note, the previous winners have struggled the next month)

BlueBleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
General Veers

I was really impressed watching Bergulnd in the WJC so I give him the edge over Palushaj and Lemtyugov.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
c-carp

I will go with Berglund.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
StLooFrenchy

HUGE month for Bergie.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

I went with Aaron Palushaj over Berglund. I know Berglund's numbers are a bit better than Palushaj's, but I expected/hoped he would do this well. I can not say the same for Palushaj. He has greatly exceeded my expectations. I even thought he should have made the American WJC team. Either way, we have more than a few deserving prospects yet again this month. It gives we great optimism every time I see these threads! LGB

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Prussian_Blue

I thought I'd show Lemtyugov some love... Berglund, Palushaj, etc. were all fairly high picks, and all expected to be top scorers at this stage of their development. Lemtyugov was a seventh-round pick, and many of us never even expected to see him come to North America, much less come here and thrive.

Berlgund looks like he'll win this month in a landslide, but IMO Lemtyugov is every bit as deserving.

IrascibleOne, you voted "other." Who's your choice? I'm betting Tomas Kana...

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 10:25 PM
BlueBleeder

I went with Berglund, Porter and Lemtyguv were neck and neck for 2nd.

Old
01-10-2008, 12:17 AM
MU_Beerman

I like Berglund and Lemmy, but Ej is developing so rapidly, I havd to give him the nod.

MU_Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Robb_K

I voted for E.J., too. His game really improved in December. But, it was tough not to give it to Berglund.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 08:21 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

I have to go with the one I am surprised with the most and that is Perron. He's put up with sitting on the sidelines and seems to have done it with more maturity than he was attributed. He's worked hard and he's stuck with the big team.

It is a close race with Berglund but Berglunds in his element. Perron beat him for a spot with the team and Perron has run with it.

I'm surprised to be the first one who has voted for Perron too.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Berglund's WJC scoring antics were in January, so I went with Palushaj who had a tremendous December.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
Berglund's WJC scoring antics were in January, so I went with Palushaj who had a tremendous December.
BlueBleeder with a huge save on the rebound!

Last edited by General Veers: 01-11-2008 at 10:18 AM.
General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 03:40 PM
BlueBleeder

Only two of the games for Sweden were in January and he only had 1 assist in them. So if you want to get technical he did most of his WJC scoring in december.

Old
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I'll go with Lemtyugov because he can fight

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
EpicSTL

Well, Berglund ran away with this one...with good reason.

EpicSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:15 AM
c-carp

Prussian, what kind of a kid does Lemgutov seem to be, Will he stick it out In Peoria until they feel he is ready or will be pull a Zakarov?

Old
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
execwrite

Berglund rose to the occasion on a worldwide state. He's the winner. And he wasn't playing at 100%. Had a sore back I think.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
Prussian, what kind of a kid does Lemgutov seem to be, Will he stick it out In Peoria until they feel he is ready or will be pull a Zakarov?
He has said that he understands that the road to St. Louis runs through Peoria, and from everything I've heard, he's well-liked by his teammates there (which Zakharov apparently wasn't), and has a good relationship with the coaches (which Zakharov apparently didn't).

I don't see him bolting in the middle of the night the way Zakharov did. My impression is that he'll stay there as long as he feels that the Blues are monitoring him closely, and as long as he feels that he's in line for a shot.

If three or four other guys get called up before he does, that might change his mind, but right now, I think he understands that he has to get stronger and more adapted to the North American style. His fight the other day is a part of that adjustment process, but not necessarily an indication that he's made the transition 100% just yet.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
He has said that he understands that the road to St. Louis runs through Peoria, and from everything I've heard, he's well-liked by his teammates there (which Zakharov apparently wasn't), and has a good relationship with the coaches (which Zakharov apparently didn't).

I don't see him bolting in the middle of the night the way Zakharov did. My impression is that he'll stay there as long as he feels that the Blues are monitoring him closely, and as long as he feels that he's in line for a shot.

If three or four other guys get called up before he does, that might change his mind, but right now, I think he understands that he has to get stronger and more adapted to the North American style. His fight the other day is a part of that adjustment process, but not necessarily an indication that he's made the transition 100% just yet.

P_B

Fair points, it sounds like the Blues may finally have a Russian prospect with his head on straight and that is a good sign. I dont think Zakarov showed any sence of that at all.

Old
01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBleeder View Post
The Canidates

TJ Oshie - 18 Games - 10 goals - 8 assists - 18 pts
TJ Scored twice and added three assists in 5 games in december. He is currently 2nd on his team in scoring.

Patrik Berglund
- 21 Games - 14 goals - 9 assists - 23 pts.
Patrik was brillant at the WJC leading Sweden to a silver medal and making the all-star team with 3 goals and 4 assists in 7 games.

Lars Eller - 16 Games - 2 goals - 5 assists - 7pts.
Lars had a very good WJC tying for the team lead in pts with 3 goals and 3 assists.

Chris Porter - 36 games - 5 goals - 15 assists - 20pts
The gritty forward enjoyed his best month as a pro netting 3 goals and adding 7 assists in 13 games for the Rivermen.

David Perron - 27 Games - 8 goals - 7 assists - 15pts
David notched 2 goals and added 4 assists in 11 games for the Blues in December
Currently 5th on the Blues in scoring despite limited playing time, he also sits just outside the top 10 in rookie scoring.

Nikolai Lemtyguv - 28 Games - 8 goals - 9 assists - 17pts
It looks like Nikolai is starting to adjust to the NA style as he blew up in December with 5 goals and 5 assists in 12 games.

Aaron Palushaj - 20 games - 6 goals - 16 assists - 22pts
Aaron had another strong month started with a 3 assist game. He finished the month with seven points (1g,6a) in five games. Aaron is tied for 10th in the CCHA in scoring, 5th in assists, and 2nd in freshman scoring.

Erik Johnson - 27 games - 3 goals - 10 assists - 13pts
EJ's role continues to expand as his playing time increases. He highlighted his month with the game winning goal against the Wings on New Years Eve (all 3 of EJ's goals have been GWG). He also had a 3 assist game vs the Oilers earlier in the month. He is currently 2nd in Rookie defensemen scoring and leads the Blues blueliners.

-----------
Previous Winners

October - Marek Schwarz - 57%
November - Hannu Toivonen - 37%

(Side note, the previous winners have struggled the next month)
Should Perron still count as a prospect? Or EJ? I can understand Toivy, he may be demoted, but idon't see either of those guys going down. That said. Bergie was great

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
BlueBleeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Should Perron still count as a prospect? Or EJ? I can understand Toivy, he may be demoted, but idon't see either of those guys going down. That said. Bergie was great
They are prospects by HF standards still, so they are prospects.

Old
01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
There is an age limit and NHL game limit, which when (either one or the other is) crossed, the player is no longer considered a prospect. I believe that once his 26th birthday or 50th NHL game is reached, the player is no longer considered a prospect. The 26th birthday also disqualifies the player from being eligible for The Calder Trophy. (I think the previous years' game total threshold for The Calder is less than 50, however (40?).

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Plagers4Ever

Just wondering. Will there be a poll for January Prospect-of-the-Month? I really enjoy the POTM info and voting.

(I know, I know - just shut up and do it yourself, but since it was someone else's origination, its their "property"... and no one else should take it over unilaterally.)

Plagers4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote