HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jags Post Game Comments On 4th Line & Ice Time

Old
01-09-2008, 09:06 AM
MountVancouver'94

vCash: 500
Jags Post Game Comments On 4th Line & Ice Time

"Somebody asked me why we started playing good only in the third period," Jagr said. "I said I thought we had chances in the first. We weren't on the ice that much but when we were on the ice I thought we had chances.

"No question about it, (Betts' line) did a great job. But there was not much ice time left for the other guys."

IMO, it's good to see Jags act like the vocal captain. Its good for him to speak out sometimes, and in this case, since he rarely questions Renney, he could be speaking for a majority of the locker room. I think he did a good job of skating the fine line between speaking out, and second guessing the coach.

Thoughts?

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Time for MR way to much to say to shut the F up and put some points up. If Jagr doesn't want Bett's line to play so much then they shouldn't be out playing him.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:10 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVancouver'94 View Post
IMO, it's good to see Jags act like the vocal captain. Its good for him to speak out sometimes, and in this case, since he rarely questions Renney, he could be speaking for a majority of the locker room. I think he did a good job of skating the fine line between speaking out, and second guessing the coach.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are you are still fired up after last nights loss And you would love this to turn in to a 'Fire Renney' thread.

01-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Celestial Black

It's a mixed situation because the HBO line is sometimes the best line that plays for us. Forechecking, getting the puck into the offensive zone, very physical, and so forth. However, I do wish that we would play other lines more often due to our top lines really being our scoring lines. The problem is that they just have not been able to produce like they should.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:12 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
My thoughts are you are still fired up after last nights loss And you would love this to turn in to a 'Fire Renney' thread.
No. Just trying to create good topics to discuss. We are all on the same team here man.

I think when Jags makes a statement like that, it's worth talking about. If I wanted to talk about Renney, I would just state it.

Last edited by MountVancouver'94: 01-09-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old
01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
It's a mixed situation because the HBO line is sometimes the best line that plays for us. Forechecking, getting the puck into the offensive zone, very physical, and so forth. However, I do wish that we would play other lines more often due to our top lines really being our scoring lines. The problem is that they just have not been able to produce like they should.
Yea, becasue Gomez, Drury and Jags actually recorded some of their most TOI of the year last night. But what about Nigel? Morre? Prucha? It seemed to be that it went 1st line to 4th line in shift selection.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Shadowtron

Anyone else getting the feeling that Jagr might be a tad annoyed with the coaching this year? I know reading too much into a qoute is en vogue on this site, but that's not typically my thing. It's just that this is the 2nd comment he's made in the past week that, to me, seems a bit like a light critical poke. The other comment was 'we're not coached that way' after the loss in Edmonton. It's probably nothing...but perhaps worthy of a little duscussion.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:18 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Time for MR way to much to say to shut the F up and put some points up. If Jagr doesn't want Bett's line to play so much then they shouldn't be out playing him.
Good point.

Old
01-09-2008, 09:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Thoughts?

<-------------

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Outplaying him?

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
mstraka82

good Jags should say that, Renney should stop putting the HBO line out there when the game is crucial i am tired of it too

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:52 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Thoughts?

<-------------
hahahahaha

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:56 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Did you watch the third period? Had Renney been doing that the rest of the game this team probably would've WON by a couple goals last night. I love Renney to death but last night was one of the most painful games I've ever watched. Every time I looked it was the 4th line on the ice. I couldn't take it. I'd look up and say, "Holy Crap. They're on the ice AGAIN!?" It was un-real. What was the point of calling up Moore and Dawes? When you're down 4-1, you should atleast be replacing the HBO line's extra shifts with Prucha-Dawes-Moore. We're trying to score goals then. Not shut people down. Jags played fine last night too. It's not his fault every time they got something going the HBO line was put back out there.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Hmmm... Jagr has 17 points in his last 13 games. The Betts line has 2 combined in that same time period. That Betts line is really outplaying Jagr.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 10:22 AM
squishy

Quote:
If Jagr doesn't want Bett's line to play so much then they shouldn't be out playing him.
Let's examine this, shall we?

Jagr's line:
Jagr: 11GP 5G 11A 16PT +3
Gomez: 11GP 4G 11A 15PT +3
Straka: 10GP 3G 6A 9PT +6

Total: 12 goals, 39 points, +12

Betts' line:
Betts: 11GP 1G 0A 1PT -1
Hollweg: 11GP 0G 0A 0PT -1
Orr: 11GP 0G 0A 0PT -1

Total: 1 goal, 1 point, -3

Who's outplaying who?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Let's examine this, shall we?

Jagr's line:
Jagr: 11GP 5G 11A 16PT +3
Gomez: 11GP 4G 11A 15PT +3
Straka: 10GP 3G 6A 9PT +6

Total: 12 goals, 39 points, +12

Betts' line:
Betts: 11GP 1G 0A 1PT -1
Hollweg: 11GP 0G 0A 0PT -1
Orr: 11GP 0G 0A 0PT -1

Total: 1 goal, 1 point, -3

Who's outplaying who?
I think Orr may have had an assist.

Old
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Hmmm... Jagr has 17 points in his last 13 games. The Betts line has 2 combined in that same time period. That Betts line is really outplaying Jagr.
Jagr has had 2 good weeks all season.Jagr is the captain and done nothing at all to carry this team, Gomez has been fantastic and since he was put with Jagr he lite a fire under his ass other then that Jagr plain out sucked. As for the 4th line did they draw penalties? did they have the puck in Tampa's end almost every shift they were on? did the 1st line score off them? did Hollweg and Orr hit every Tampa Defenseman? Come on guys Hank was soft and the team skipped the first 2 periods

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Ryan Hollweg had 4 hits in his 22 shifts.
Colton Orr had 2 hits in his 21 shifts.
Blair Betts had 3 hits in his 23 shifts.
Yet
Petr Prucha had 5 hits in his 11 shifts.

Doesn't look like they're doing a lot of hitting to me. More like one hit every 5 or 6 or 10 shifts.

In addition, hitting people doesn't win games. The object of hockey is to put that black rubber disc, aka the puck, into the twine stuff between those metal pipes, aka the net. If that line is not putting the puck into the net then I don't care how good they are defensively, there is no reason to have them on the ice in a game when you're losing over the number one scoring line or even the #2 or #3. I know you love the tough players, but if you can't score or don't have very much potential to do such then you shouldn't be on the ice when your team is losing, plain and simple. This is hockey not boxing or wrestling or whatever else.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 01-09-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old
01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
You really will bash Jagr no matter what he does, won't you? he speaks about the team a bit, acts like a captain and he is STILL bashed?

And of course the rest of your posts is Hollweg, Orr blah blah doing better blah blah blah blah blah... all your posts..

You overrate GOONS so much. Ryan Hollweg is TERRIBLE and USELESS. He isn't even a goon, hes less than that. Colton Orr is a GOON who shouldn't play every night. Jagr at 5 % is BETTER than both of them.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Salz

Jagr was flying all over the ice last night but Renney benched him anyway. He overuses that terrible fourth line. If they're out there to provide energy to the rest of the team, why did they still lose to one of the worst teams in hockey? What they bring is very overrated. It's the equilivent of those piece of garbage hustle players in baseball like Joe McEwing. They have leadership! They work hard! Players feed off that! Nonsense...

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
beastly115

Renney killed any momentum we had coming off the Jagr goal. Instead of capitalizing he kept playing the 4th line and next thing you know we're down 4-1.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
jagr, gomez, drury - 9 combined on the night!

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
NYRSinceBirth

I don't get some people's reasoning. "But the fourth line does there job", "The fourth line is all that shows up", etc. No one is arguing the ability of the fourth line. But how are we expected to SCORE or win games when that line is out there? I love the fourth line, and I think it is very effective. BUT we need GOALS, and that's not coming from the fourth line. I think Jagr just wants some scoring support, hence why he probably wants the other lines to get more TOI.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
jagr, gomez, drury - 9 combined on the night!
but that line also was the ONLY reason we had three goals.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
In addition, hitting people doesn't win games. The object of hockey is to put that black rubber disc, aka the puck, into the twine stuff between those metal pipes, aka the net. If that line is not putting the puck into the net then I don't care how good they are defensively, there is no reason to have them on the ice in a game when you're losing over the number one scoring line or even the #2 or #3. I know you love the tough players, but if you can't score or don't have very much potential to do such then you shouldn't be on the ice when your team is losing, plain and simple. This is hockey not boxing or wrestling or whatever else.
So you're saying that no matter how good a line plays defense they shouldn't be on the ice if you're losing???

Funny I thought that keeping that black rubber disc, aka the puck out of the twine stuff between those metal pipes, aka your net. Also won you games.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote