HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 01/10 • Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers • 7PM • MSG

Old
01-11-2008, 03:28 AM
MidnightRanger

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I've been saying it forever and will keep saying it until he is finally mercifully gone. Renney has taken this team as far as he can. He is a great personnel guy, a great teacher of young prospects, but he is a terrible in game coach. Brutal even. And if they don't make a change now we are not going anywhere. In fact I pretty much guarantee that with Renney we will not make the playoffs this year. We also won't get a lottery pick.

Oh and please sit Lundqvist. His head is clearly not in this right now. And I understand. Give him a week to go see his dad and then come back. He clearly needs to settle down.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 06:24 AM
aslim240

Everyone seems to agree this is a very talented team, but it looks like the team is playing at 90% effort and they are not good enough to win at 90%.

And the fans were pitiful last nightoutside of the first period. There was only 1 attempt that I heard at a lets go rangers the whole seond period and several attempts to start one up while it was still 4-2 in the 3rd got no support.

Something needs to be done to shake this team up soon, aside from the obvious impact on the standings, it would be extreemely embarassing to have a performance like that on leetch night in 2 weeks.

aslim240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 06:43 AM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
I'm going to go on the blame 'Lundqvist' boat. He let in about 3 or 4 easy ones yesterday. I'm going to not even join the boat of blaming Renney, the 4th line or anything else until we know who to blame here. The defense and Lundqvist are just plain brutal right now. Lundqvist needs a break and he needs a good one.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 07:08 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Is what I'm about to say "beating a dead horse" probably, but until I actually have some glue, I'm going to continue.

The Rangers played as well as they could have played in the first period. The top lines were getting shut down and the 4th line stepped up with 2 huge goals to get them a 2-0 lead after 1 period of play.

A few bone headed penalties at the end of the period put them in a bad spot and those things happen. Could have been prevented, yes but they also didn't lose the game for us.

The Flyers open the 2nd on the PP and promptly put one it. What happens next is what is pissing me off and has pissed me off all year. The Flyers made adjustments to their approach which started to fustrate the Rangers attack through the neutral zone. The Flyers, with their adjustment take the Rangers out of the game and Renney does nothing to counter this. No adjustments are made to try to figure out what the flyers are doing or how to better exploit the Flyers weaknesses.

The third period, while the Rangers may have had the edge in shots, from what I saw, the Flyers had the edge in scoring chances and were obviously better cashing in on those chances.

If you know that your team just got the wind knocked out of them by the 11 minute mark of the 2nd period and things are not looking good, where's the emotion and passion going to come from to get their collective arses in gear? I'm not trying to hear the BS excuse that "They are all professionals, they shouldn't need that". Hockey is a passion sport and some times everyone needs a kick in the butt to get the team going and the Rangers have 2 guys that would be willing to go out there and start something with someone to spark the team. What does Renney do? he leaves the bat on his shoulders.

The game in TB and last nights game, with so much riding on it has really driven home the point that it's not just the players that have been assembled, it's the system that he has them playing and a change is in order at this point. Two weeks ago, I was all for change in the coaching position, today, it's the coach, scouting director, GM and some of our "stars" I also want gone.

Pathetic

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 08:26 AM
giacomin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
Oh and please sit Lundqvist. His head is clearly not in this right now. And I understand. Give him a week to go see his dad and then come back. He clearly needs to settle down.
Amen to the Lundqvist suggestion. This guy has lost us too many games over the past few weeks. He is just not the same goalie he was earlier in the season. And I imagine he is driving his contract price down with every soft goal. I'd rather see Vally in goal right now and take our chances.

giacomin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 08:32 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

What a s*** night. Everyone's all excited, 2-0 chanting Ry-an Holl-weg! and all that good stuff then the team just falls apart. A phantom call on Drury didn't help either, but the absolute folding of the team, the softie by Lundqvist and the complete collapse in the third. Just terrifying. No discipline, no heart, I just can't stand to watch this team sometimes. Players passing up scoring opportunities in perfect positions to then pass it off to a crappy angle. Players missing golden opportunities with open nets. I heard one guy behind me saying he's going to sell of the rest of his games because he's just so disgusted with this team. It's really bad, and nothing improves at all. I don't understand how the team can just get worse and worse.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 08:36 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I heard one guy behind me saying he's going to sell of the rest of his games because he's just so disgusted with this team.

LOL, where do you sit?

Old
01-11-2008, 08:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Section 341

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:05 AM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fism View Post
Dude. It's Steve Coates. I'll just say - I'm impressed if he makes it out of the house with pants on.
We're pretty sure he's drunk at every game.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:28 AM
WheresBarnaby

Hank's obviously not on his game, and my guess is it's because of his father's health. He'll come back around as will the team.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Kaktus*

I do not understand why NYR scored only 107 goals. 107 - 26 something goals scored by your d-nce leaves only 81 goes for forwards. With Jagr, Shanny, Drury, Gomez, Straka (ok missed 10 something games ), Avery (ok he missed 20).

Can NYR head coach solve this problem?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:20 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Havent checked the thread but why did Shanahan leave the game with 7 minutes left?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
Man the rangers suck i hate this. I think this might be close to rock bottom.
Good cause theres nowhere to go but up from here !

Really, this team has had trouble adjusting once the league gets up to speed and we get into the middle of the season. Has happend 3 years in a row now, last year was saved by Hank playing brilliantly.

I'm not upset, i've seen enough Ranger teams to know this one is flawed in many ways. Some can't be helped, whether its an aging goalscorer or an adjusting rookie, somethings are just destined to happen the way they do.

They're not out of it yet, but soon i'll start looking at the draft reports for June and hope Sather doesn't trade away our top picks for help this year cause its gonna take more than just a trade pickup to right the ship.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Havent checked the thread but why did Shanahan leave the game with 7 minutes left?
Recurring Knee problems, and..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Weinman
Brendan Shanahan skipped practice with what Renney described as “residual” injuries from his damaged left knee—i.e. sore hip and back, etc. He is day-to-day.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 12:58 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I know it hurts us to admit this but our goalie is getting badly outplayed on a nightly basis and it is the #1 reason we are in this rough patch. Not Renney, Not Jagr, Not our 4th Line getting too much icetime....it is Henrik.
I have all the confidence in the world that Hank will find his game and get this worked out but we gotta put the blame where it belongs, our goalie is giving us ECHL level play the past 10 games. We simply aren't good enough or mentally strong enough to overcome it.
Thank you. You read my mind. We played strong 1st because Lundqvist played strong 1st.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 01:00 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Recurring Knee problems, and..
Charlie Horse? It becomes indicative...He follows Messier steps all the way...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 04:13 PM
miss2leetch

This team is not that talented

I disagree with those that say Renney is a good personnel man. This team is week in talent. They're are too many setup guys, and [COLOR="Black"]Zero finishers. We are not a physical team, we are not fast, and there is not a system in the worldo to correct that. The flyers owned the fronts on the nets, they're shooters hit the goalie and they own the rebounds (attitude). It is difficult to swallow, but this ranger team is where it is for a reason. Changing the lines will not make a setup man a finisher. We need selfish scoring players that want to shoot and can finish. We need to make some trades to get better. Shop some of our many setup guys and get some closers ion there, then we'll have a shot to climb up the standings and go deeper into the playoffs. And yes, give henrik a rest and let Valley change things up. Come on front office itis obvious what needs to be done. Get some scorers dammit!

miss2leetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss2leetch View Post
I disagree with those that say Renney is a good personnel man. This team is week in talent. They're are too many setup guys, and [COLOR="Black"]Zero finishers. We are not a physical team, we are not fast, and there is not a system in the worldo to correct that. The flyers owned the fronts on the nets, they're shooters hit the goalie and they own the rebounds (attitude). It is difficult to swallow, but this ranger team is where it is for a reason. Changing the lines will not make a setup man a finisher. We need selfish scoring players that want to shoot and can finish. We need to make some trades to get better. Shop some of our many setup guys and get some closers ion there, then we'll have a shot to climb up the standings and go deeper into the playoffs. And yes, give henrik a rest and let Valley change things up. Come on front office itis obvious what needs to be done. Get some scorers dammit!
Not that its been out of fashion at anytime, but the whole league is looking for more scorers really. Who are we gonna trade that brings back a legit scorer?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 04:57 PM
miss2leetch

They're may not be many marquee scorers out there, but the players that the Rangers dress every night do not have that scoring "attitude". It is something that the developers of this team did not address well when assembling. I don't feel we have a good bunch of scouts and a front office that can spot the talent we need. We suck at the draft. Need new front office people that can better access and recruit talent.

miss2leetch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Whoever keeps track of the GDT win/losses does this one go to me or to SBOB? (I hope the latter )

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote