HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Andre Roy tell Hollweg he will take his head off

Old
01-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I think he actually does do a lot of sticking up for his teammates but opposing players don't want to fight Orr b/c he is a real good fighter. So instead they will pick on avery or hollweg.
Haven't seen too much of it this year..and I don't think there is a legitimate fighter in the NHL that would hesistate for a second to fight Orr--He's not that good (or bad)....Pests and middleweights are another story..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Ask Fedoruk what he can do.
Fedoruk was done after Boogaards fight... He was never the same after that punch.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Haven't seen too much of it this year..and I don't think there is a legitimate fighter in the NHL that would hesistate for a second to fight Orr--He's not that good (or bad)....Pests and middleweights are another story..
Orr has a deadly right hand. He has trouble with Large lefties like big George and Brash. But he shattered Roy's face and beleks nose plus Goddards nose was a mess also. Orr can throw them

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Orr has a deadly right hand. He has trouble with Large lefties like big George and Brash. But he shattered Roy's face and beleks nose plus Goddards nose was a mess also. Orr can throw them
While I don't think he is one of the best, I'm not knocking Orr as a fighter and he is just fine as our resident goon..I know he has a good right..And I think he can take a good punch also..But also think he isn';t that smart of a fighter and takes a little too long to react in some fights and why guys like Belak beat him as much as he does them....ANd, again, Orr and Holly are so far from being one of our problems..

Old
01-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Stoney La Rock

I love Roy's use of imagery. Nanny....babysitter...if he adds "nurse" to his repetoire, he may as well start lifting entire quotes from Peter Pan and Mary Poppins.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 11:47 AM
bcrt2000

good for roy.

bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Fedoruk was done after Boogaards fight... He was never the same after that punch.
If you want to challenge that, then ask every other fighter who has a broken face or broken bone on their face because of Orr. The list is pretty significant.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
If you want to challenge that, then ask every other fighter who has a broken face or broken bone on their face because of Orr. The list is pretty significant.
Well, didn't Orr break a bone on Belak's face? And since that fight I think Belak has won either 2 of 3 or 3 out of 4...

Old
01-10-2008, 12:48 PM
NYROrtsFan

Correct. Belak has won 2 out of 3. Going to happen because Belak actually is a pretty good fighter and Orr is always giving up size to these guys. The only consistent winners are the guys who have the more strength.

Orr brings what you want out of an enforcer. Guys have to generally fear him. They all know that he has the power capable of breaking bones. That element of fear alone is pretty nice.

Plus he's been playing OK too. Would like to see more hits, but I can live with things because he's playing OK on the ice.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Correct. Belak has won 2 out of 3. Going to happen because Belak actually is a pretty good fighter and Orr is always giving up size to these guys. The only consistent winners are the guys who have the more strength.

Orr brings what you want out of an enforcer. Guys have to generally fear him. They all know that he has the power capable of breaking bones. That element of fear alone is pretty nice.

Plus he's been playing OK too. Would like to see more hits, but I can live with things because he's playing OK on the ice.
From what I have seen, Belak is fairly weak, accept against Orr...And Orr, at 6'3" or 6'4" is a pretty big boy, just like the rest. He's OK, just isn't one of the best...While other goons I'm sure know he has a good right, I'm also sure none fear him. There ain't any room for that.

Agree that he has been playing OK but would like a better skater and hitter on the 4th line RW. But no sense in changing as the HBO is the only line that does it's job..

Old
01-10-2008, 01:04 PM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Andre Roy is probably the worst player in the entire league.
George Parros thanks you for your patronage.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Which was true until his one-game benching..Since then, he has gone back to form and also played some really good hockey with the exception of the moronic hit in the Edmonton game..

And, another thing, and this applies to BOTH Orr and Holly..it is really hard to play physical and nasty when your job half of the time is trying to keep up with and defend some of the best forwards in the league..Again, they aren't being used as a 4the line..
Agreed. Most 4th Lines in the league don't have the level of responsibility that our 4th line has. Most teams let their 4th line run around the ice for 4-6 minutes a night to cause as much havoc as possible. Our line has to play against the other teams top line on almost a nightly basis. They have to walk the tight rope of playing physical and rough while not putting themselves out of position. It is alot to ask out of players with Hollweg and Orr's skillset. I think they actually do an admirable job considering the circumstances.

Last edited by TomLaidlaw: 01-10-2008 at 01:17 PM.
TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 01:10 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionQuest View Post
George Parros thanks you for your patronage.
God bless that man for bring back the hockey moustache.

I wonder if this is the reason why we don't see Orr fight so much. Only the heavyweights are willing to go with him. Even a big guy like Roy is scared? I understand his beef is with Hollweg but this IS hockey so I sure hope Avery gives him an ear full next time.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
God bless that man for bring back the hockey moustache.

I wonder if this is the reason why we don't see Orr fight so much. Only the heavyweights are willing to go with him. Even a big guy like Roy is scared? I understand his beef is with Hollweg but this IS hockey so I sure hope Avery gives him an ear full next time.
As a Ranger fan I protest. In my day, Islanders had moustaches !!!

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Well, didn't Orr break a bone on Belak's face? And since that fight I think Belak has won either 2 of 3 or 3 out of 4...
Yep, broke his nose in thier first encounter.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
From what I have seen, Belak is fairly weak, accept against Orr...And Orr, at 6'3" or 6'4" is a pretty big boy, just like the rest. He's OK, just isn't one of the best...While other goons I'm sure know he has a good right, I'm also sure none fear him. There ain't any room for that.

Agree that he has been playing OK but would like a better skater and hitter on the 4th line RW. But no sense in changing as the HBO is the only line that does it's job..

Belak is not a top 5, but would crack most fight enthusiasts top ten. He's got some impressive victories to his resume. Most recent was against George Parros. Belak just beat him decisively last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQGS4LkPLs

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 02:27 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Belak is not a top 5, but would crack most fight enthusiasts top ten. He's got some impressive victories to his resume. Most recent was against George Parros. Belak just beat him decisively last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQGS4LkPLs
Don't see GP get manhandled like that too often...

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Alcoolique*

Andre rocks.

And.. What he said about Avery's right.. Though, those comments towards Hollweg were,, Wayyy too much.

Alcoolique* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 05:14 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/09/Li...ls_back_.shtml

JABBERIN': Enforcer Andre Roy got a 10-minute misconduct in the third period for, he said, yapping with New York's Ryan Hollweg, at whom he kept gesturing to from the penalty box.

"He runs our star players and there could be an injury," Roy said. "I said, 'Hollweg, you stop running around or I'll rip your head off.' Then he said, 'What you going to do about it?' I said, 'Try me, I'm right here.'

"Then (Colton) Orr came in and said, 'Try me, try me,' to try to protect him and be his nanny."
a predictable read until the comment about the nanny. now it's friggin hillarious

bwahahahahahahaha

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote