HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Derick Brassard called up Beech claimed by VAN

Old
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Goalie View Post
Possibly. I just hate to see talent wasted if in fact he is ready and 4-7/game minutes is wasting him.
I agree if he gets standard 4th line shifts only, I'll be disappointed as well.

Old
01-11-2008, 04:12 PM
CBJ 97 61 16

I completely understand putting Brassard on the 4th line for a game or two while he gets comfertable. If you break down the lines, where else are you going to put him right now?

F1: Nash, Fedorov, Lindstrom
F2: Vyborny, Novotny, Zherdev
F3: Chimera, Peca, Fritsche/Malhotra
F4: Shelley, Brassard, Boll

You want to keep him away from the first line so he's not playing against a)a teams best checking forwards and defenseman, or b)a team's top line. The second line is a place that I could see him playing, but then what do you do with Novotny? 4th line? I think he's played to well for the 4th line, but you also wanna keep Novotny at center. The third line is not an option because that's usually the line that plays against the best line of the other team. 4th line seems to be the only reasonable place for him right now, with the occasional shift on the top two lines and some heavy pp time. I really don't think it's going to be a big deal for him for the first few games. He'll be up in the top two lines soon, he needs to be introduced to the NHL first though.

CBJ 97 61 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 04:35 PM
pickledcotton

This is not going to be a popular opinion, but... I don't like Brassard.

I think he's screwed on the fourth line because he NEEDS linemates he can pass to. For example, he and Lindstrom on a line would be pure poetry.

From what I have seen of him, and what people who've spoken to him have told me, he has a tremendous sense of entitlement. I also think he's a wimp and the good part of playing with Shelley and Boll is that he has bodyguards. He doesn't hit anything. In fact I could have sworn he is a Euro...

I hope that Hitchcock can bang some sense into him. I could be dead wrong and he could take the NHL by storm and I could eat my words (which I've done; I couldn't stand Konopka when he first came to the organization and now I'm waiting on my #11 jersey to be done), but from what I've seen of him playing in the AHL, he hasn't impressed me like, say, Lindstrom has. I also think he's played lazy, and that won't fly in the NHL.

Best of luck to him, really. I look forward to being wrong about the kid!

Let the flames begin

pickledcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

You are entitled to your opinion PC. I have heard that from others, though. I thought he looked good when he played in the exhibition games here.

If he doesn't bring his A game here, he'll be back in the Cuse.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote