HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sabres Trade Prosposals

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 03:58 AM
SabresGuy

vCash: 500
Sabres Trade Prosposals

OK guys, this is my first post so don't be too harsh. How about the following Sabres proposals?

Satan for Koltsov, Umberger, Federov and a first rounder.
-Koltsov is an excellent defensive prospect that the Sabres need. The centerpiece of the deal. Umberger has been having contract troubles but is at least equivalent to a second if he isnt signed by the Sabres. Still a decent prospect. Federov is talented but with many question marks. A definite project. The first would be pretty high. The Canucks get their goal scoring winger, who is in the prime, for the playoff push at a reasonable salary. A Sabres draft pick could be added if necessary.

Brown for Gauthier
-It seems that Brown has worn out his welcome in Buffalo with the emergence of some younger Sabre talent (Roy, Bartovic). Gauthier is an injury prone, hard hitter who is still relatively young. Would add some backbone to the weak Sabre blueline. The Flames deal from a position of strength to pick up a solid, all around forward who has a reasonable contract. Brown would fit in well on this team.

Zhitnik for Boychuck
-I have seen this floated around and it seems like a fair deal for both sides. The Avs get a playoff rental defenseman who will probably end up being the best defensive rental on the market. A guy who can play in all situations and log icetime. Boychuck seems to be a worthwhile prospect who could pan out into a top four guy.

Biron, Campbell, Delmore and Boulton for almost anything. Rangers?

Mckee is probably available for the right offer.

Comments, Concerns, Counteroffers?

Old
01-27-2004, 04:56 AM
Fayne Gretzky
5-14-6-1

Whoa I dunno about the last 2 but the first one is a HUGE overpayment by the canucks. Wow 3 good prospects (possibly underrating them) and a 1st rounder for an overpayed player...call me crazy but I don't think even Mike Milbury (no offence NYI fans) would do that. IMO, of course.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:05 AM
Fedz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresGuy
OK guys, this is my first post so don't be too harsh. How about the following Sabres proposals?

Satan for Koltsov, Umberger, Federov and a first rounder. -Koltsov is an excellent defensive prospect that the Sabres need. The centerpiece of the deal. Umberger has been having contract troubles but is at least equivalent to a second if he isnt signed by the Sabres. Still a decent prospect. Federov is talented but with many question marks. A definite project. The first would be pretty high. The Canucks get their goal scoring winger, who is in the prime, for the playoff push at a reasonable salary. A Sabres draft pick could be added if necessary.

, Counteroffers?

Would Satan,Brown for Koltsov, Umberger, Fedorov, Chubarov possibly work?

Old
01-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz
Would Satan,Brown for Koltsov, Umberger, Fedorov, Chubarov possibly work?
it does if you change Fedorov and Chubarov to a 1st rounder. That's a lot of salary for Vancouver to take on though, are they willing to add it?

Old
01-27-2004, 05:20 AM
Takeo

Quote:
I honestly doubt Regier ships Satan to Vancouver without Cooke or Allen coming back the other way. Accordingly, the odds of a deal are slim. Koltsov + 1st could possibly form a base return but a third asset would have to be added and I don't see one. Umberger and Federov only clutter the proposal for Buffalo.

Quote:
Brown for Gauthier
Considering Roy is primed to anchor the 3rd line in 2005, odds are definetly in favor of CuBro becoming a budget dump casualty at the trade deadline. Toss in some picks to even things out and this proposal has potential...at least valuewise.

Quote:
Zhitnik for Boychuck
I've been a strong proponent of this deal. Colorado would probably have to add a 3rd or so.

Quote:
Biron to the Rags is somewhat plausible. Maybe for LaBarbera (for Rochester) + 4th? Moving Biron would be an addition by subtraction deal for the Buffalo goaltending situation. Not to mention a nice salary dump.

Overall, pretty good. Kind of a rehash of popular proposals but pretty good.

Old
01-27-2004, 12:14 PM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
the 1st one is to much for Satan. is umberger a defensman?

2nd one i really want to work.

3rd one i like, maybe if they want to chuck in a 2nd and 3rd rounder they could have patrick for a cup run as well, i so want him to go to a contender.

Quote:
i would take future considerations for Campbell and delmore, boulton maybe a 7th rounder, Biron to the rag's for labarbera nad jeff state, who i hear is a big guy with little chance of being more than a 5th/6th guy, but useful for emergancy, also size and even's it up.

Old
01-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Quote:

-Koltsov is an excellent defensive prospect that the Sabres need. The centerpiece of the deal. Umberger has been having contract troubles but is at least equivalent to a second if he isnt signed by the Sabres. Still a decent prospect. Federov is talented but with many question marks. A definite project. The first would be pretty high. The Canucks get their goal scoring winger, who is in the prime, for the playoff push at a reasonable salary. A Sabres draft pick could be added if necessary.
Satan is a fair option for the Canucks top-6 woes, but not at that price. The only asset I'd most likely move Koltsov for is O'Neill, in fact that package might look similar to what I'd offer Carolina, with King replacing either Umberger or Feds (Fedor might as well not be included). Considering O'Neill's salary and age, plus the grittier game he plays, I think at this point he has a higher trade value then Satan. So in this case I have to assume the Canucks are overpaying.

I'd offer a package of Koltsov, King, 1st for O'Neill --- but most likely not for Satan. If they really wanted Umberger in the deal I suppose that would be fine, but I mean...most teams know they'll be able to sign him when he's a UFA anyways.

As for what I'd offer for Satan, I'm not too sure. I can tell you Allen is most likely not going anywhere and Cooke would have to garner an overpayed return to move at his salary.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:19 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
Satan is a fair option for the Canucks top-6 woes, but not at that price. The only asset I'd most likely move Koltsov for is O'Neill, in fact that package might look similar to what I'd offer Carolina, with King replacing either Umberger or Feds (Fedor might as well not be included). Considering O'Neill's salary and age, plus the grittier game he plays, I think at this point he has a higher trade value then Satan. So in this case I have to assume the Canucks are overpaying.

I'd offer a package of Koltsov, King, 1st for O'Neill --- but most likely not for Satan. If they really wanted Umberger in the deal I suppose that would be fine, but I mean...most teams know they'll be able to sign him when he's a UFA anyways.

As for what I'd offer for Satan, I'm not too sure. I can tell you Allen is most likely not going anywhere and Cooke would have to garner an overpayed return to move at his salary.
so you would trade that for the consistantly underachieving o'niell but not for satan who is one of the NHL's elite sniper's?! o'niell is worse than Satan, skill wise imho.

Old
01-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
so you would trade that for the consistantly underachieving o'niell but not for satan who is one of the NHL's elite sniper's?! o'niell is worse than Satan, skill wise imho.
Satan is far from "one of the NHL's elite snipers."

Old
01-27-2004, 04:36 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

I can see the Sabres perhaps making some changes at the deadline. Not really out of budgetary concerns, but just that this team sucks and there's plenty of players who need a change of scenery. If Curtis Brown is a budget dump at 1.6 million.....we all better embrace this new NEHL team coming to town.....LOL

Old
01-27-2004, 04:38 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Zhitnik for Boychuck
-I have seen this floated around and it seems like a fair deal for both sides. The Avs get a playoff rental defenseman who will probably end up being the best defensive rental on the market. A guy who can play in all situations and log icetime. Boychuck seems to be a worthwhile prospect who could pan out into a top four guy.
done and done.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast
Everyone loves my trade proposal!

Quote:
Agreed. Neither Allen or Cooke will be dealt for Satan. Picks/prospects and roster players such as Chubarov and King will be the most that is offered.

Old
01-27-2004, 05:55 PM
SabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Satan is far from "one of the NHL's elite snipers."
well, ok, maybe a little hyped, but his far better than o'niell.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:06 PM
zamboni

Comparing Satan to O'Neill is like comparing an orange to an apple.

Closed Thread