HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: St.Louis Blues vs. Columbus Blue Jackets___01/11/08___7:00 PM EST

Old
01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
Speaking as a guy who works in broadcasting (radio, not TV), it is a big bonus to be able to say something entertaining. I find George and Bill to be great broadcasters (and if there's ANY WAY I CAN WORK WITH THEM, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY LET ME KNOW ), but Gare's little lines about Tricky Nicky sound simply contrived. Like he's trying "too hard".

I would have bought it on Z's first goal of the night with that sweet between the legs move, but not on the breakaway.
I've spoken with him on several occasions and I think Gare is just a 'homespun' kind of guy. Sortof old-fashioned in his aphorisms. Likes rhymes. Matthews does the same thing but is more excited when he says them. I agree, however, that it can get old.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:58 PM
anteater90

Mister C

Danny ususally goes over to the Rbar, directly across from the arena (Shameless plug for Mike), after games. He is very approachable. Go talk to him.

anteater90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:16 PM
MisterC

Send a message via AIM to MisterC
Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
Mister C

Danny ususally goes over to the Rbar, directly across from the arena (Shameless plug for Mike), after games. He is very approachable. Go talk to him.
If I lived in C-Bus, I'd be there every night. Sadly, it's a bit of a drive from T-Town.

MisterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
anteater90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
If I lived in C-Bus, I'd be there every night. Sadly, it's a bit of a drive from T-Town.
Just like the Jackets, no excuses.

Pick up some Tony P's, get in the car, come to a game, meet Danny.

Get it Done.

Old
01-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I have been a fan of Methot since his London Knight's days.
I've been on his wagon since last season...I remember that best prospect thread over the summer....he ended up around 10.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casework View Post
Lindstrom was really great out there last night. He is now starting to look very comfortable out there.

Methot was solid and dependable as usual. He's never going to be an offensive guy, but defensively, he's really as good as they come.

Brassard looked decent in the minutes he got. He didn't get too much ice time, but you can just tell he's going to be good. Made a couple great passes last night, and you feel like he's a real threat whenever he's out there, even in his first NHL game.

Boll was his usual self. Threw a few big hits, and when he was out there with Brass, I really thought he or Novotny were going to score.

Novotny is just awesome. How has this guy never played on the PK before? Defensively he was our best forward last night.

Vyborny, for the most part, played his best game of the year. He finished a couple checks, and was a part of 3 of the 6 goals. Could have had a few of his own, but the puck kept hopping over his stick.
Agree with all this except Lindstrom. He struggled mightily last night. And his mates on the bench and bosses behind knew it too, and were giving him encouragement. Nice to see, because he's been good and hopefully he keeps it going. But last night he made a couple bonehead plays, real bonehead plays, beyond just the blind pass turnover that led to the first goal. After that, he seemed indecisive, and his play suffered.

And what a warm feeling to se David smile. If this team is going anywhere, he's going to have to step up to what he's done in the past (barring a trade away, of course). Hitch said in his presser that he's got some mojo going with Peca, and I agree. That line looked good (well, I could have played with Z last night and looked reasonably good, as well, I suppose).

Old
01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Agree with all this except Lindstrom. He struggled mightily last night. And his mates on the bench and bosses behind knew it too, and were giving him encouragement. Nice to see, because he's been good and hopefully he keeps it going. But last night he made a couple bonehead plays, real bonehead plays, beyond just the blind pass turnover that led to the first goal. After that, he seemed indecisive, and his play suffered.

And what a warm feeling to se David smile. If this team is going anywhere, he's going to have to step up to what he's done in the past (barring a trade away, of course). Hitch said in his presser that he's got some mojo going with Peca, and I agree. That line looked good (well, I could have played with Z last night and looked reasonably good, as well, I suppose).
Speaking of Z's play last night. I'm wondering how many saw what I saw? I saw a guy who looked like a 100 year veteran of NHL hockey who could skate or do just about anything he wanted with the puck.... He skated around the Blues like they where a herd of deer looking into a the high beams of a Tundra....

Old
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I haven't seen it mentioned; but, if it was, please forgive me: In the post-game, Agnew said Rusty played the 5 on 3 in the third the best he's seen by anyone! High praise for a guy who's been getting very mixed reviews. Couldn't have come at a better time, because Foote was in the box and he often plays all of a 5 on 3 (as he did earlier)!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I haven't seen it mentioned; but, if it was, please forgive me: In the post-game, Agnew said Rusty played the 5 on 3 in the third the best he's seen by anyone! High praise for a guy who's been getting very mixed reviews. Couldn't have come at a better time, because Foote was in the box and he often plays all of a 5 on 3 (as he did earlier)!
This has not been mentioned as far as I can recall, great and accurate observation.

Old
01-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
This has not been mentioned as far as I can recall, great and accurate observation.
Yep. We at first marveled that Rusty was staying out there while the forward pairing was shifting.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
anteater90

OK

So the wife and I just watched the DVR of the game to rewatch some things.

All I can say is

Cotton Candy $4
Tix Free
Parking Free

Watching Methot pick that piece of garbage up to bang his head against the glass: priceless

Old
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by anteater90 View Post
Just like the Jackets, no excuses.

Pick up some Tony P's, get in the car, come to a game, meet Danny.

Get it Done.
Bring me some fried pickles and a cabbage roll. The rest of the menu...I can do better in my sleep.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote