HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

johnson progress

Old
01-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
johnson progress

i watched eric all the time at the U of M and havent heard much about him i know hes been palying for the big club but thats all i know so hows he doing in numbers and who would you compare him to

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:09 PM
BluesDarb

vCash: 500
I don't know his stats off hand, but he reminds me a lot of a certain former Blues defenseman who may or may not have been named Al.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:14 PM
General Veers

He looked like a rookie early in the season but has REALLY settled in. He's had 2 3-assist games. He's also blossoming into the PP quarterback as we speak.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 09:42 PM
MU_Beerman

Blues best defenseman by January of next year if not sooner. Progressing exponentially, gets better every game. Always smooth, keeps adding to his arsenal. Physicality is also picking up. Can't wait for an STH autograph event so he can sign my #6 sweater!

MU_Beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 03:00 PM
CuSa_1

I'm still waiting for him to absolutely level someone. I know he has it in him.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSa_1 View Post
I'm still waiting for him to absolutely level someone. I know he has it in him.
Give it time....he'll do it.

He's gonna catch someone by surprise....it'll be messy.

Maybe it'll be in the 1st round against Detroit()

I wouldn't shed a tear.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

He has been pretty solid, he does make some rookie mistakes, but he has the pure athleticism to make up for them most of the time. He has looked good in the power play, he is very good at keeping them in the zone and he has an absolute cannon from the point . But I would say ahead of what I was expecting at the beginning of the year.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 03:43 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
EJ is definitely ahead of Pronger's developmental pace when Pronger first got here. The one thing EJ can do that I have seen Pronger rarely do is go end to end with the puck on his stick. He's done it about 4 or 5 times this season already. EJ definitely has some moves that Pronger, even now, does not.

Now if MacInnis can teach EJ to make that perfect outlet pass that Pronger could make, and EJ gets an even nastier physical edge, put that together with his offensive skills and the Blues will have a monster of a dman wreaking havoc on the opposition.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
EJ is definitely ahead of Pronger's developmental pace when Pronger first got here. The one thing EJ can do that I have seen Pronger rarely do is go end to end with the puck on his stick. He's done it about 4 or 5 times this season already. EJ definitely has some moves that Pronger, even now, does not.

Now if MacInnis can teach EJ to make that perfect outlet pass that Pronger could make, and EJ gets an even nastier physical edge, put that together with his offensive skills and the Blues will have a monster of a dman wreaking havoc on the opposition.
Absolutely balls on! Prongs had a very long adjustment to the pros. EJ is more assertive, quick-thinking, physical, and with better lateral movement at this point in Prongs career, or maybe even five years in. The only thing that EJ needs to do that Chris did at this stage is SHOOT when you have a lane or even 1/2 a lane.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
c4rdsh4rk

i agree. he needs to find a way to shoot more often. looking at his stats it seems he is inconsistent offensively. does he disappear in different aspects in different games or is the stat sheet just luck?

c4rdsh4rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay View Post
i agree. he needs to find a way to shoot more often. looking at his stats it seems he is inconsistent offensively. does he disappear in different aspects in different games or is the stat sheet just luck?
The whole team is very inconsistent offensively, so I'm sure that shows up in his stats. Also, until recently, he was kinda coddled and held back a bit, but he's been doing a lot of good things offensively so maybe Andy Murray has loosened the reigns on him a bit.

Either way, there's nothing lucky about his stats. He has a cannon for a shot, skates like the wind, stickhandles very well. Being 6'4" and 220lbs helps out a bit too.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote