HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hollwegs Goals last night

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
  #1
Gardner McKay
Moderator
Cupcake schedule.
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoutheastOfDisorder
Country: United States
Posts: 11,903
vCash: 50
Hollwegs Goals last night

Unfortunately I have the displeasure of having my job back. Which means Im un able to catch alot of Rangers games however....

With Hollweg scoring two last night, just curious to see the goals and his reaction... if any one could send me links or post them it would be greatly appreciated.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
  #2
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
Here

Go to the Rangers vs Philadelphia and click 700k to the right, it's a clickable link that will lead you to NHL's Live Portal thing.

Click on Hollweg's goals to watch each one.

1st one was good follow through, classic reaction

2nd one was kinda luck, and surprised reaction

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
  #3
RedLightDistrict
Registered User
 
RedLightDistrict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Curiously enough, it seems that every time Hollweg has scored, the Rangers inevitably lose; they are 1-3 when he scores. I was at the game he scored his first career goal, a 3-2 loss to the Penguins (Incidentally, Crosby's first visit to the Garden, and I believe Lemieux's final NHL goal).

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
  #4
JayMan82
Registered User
 
JayMan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightDistrict View Post
Curiously enough, it seems that every time Hollweg has scored, the Rangers inevitably lose; they are 1-3 when he scores. I was at the game he scored his first career goal, a 3-2 loss to the Penguins (Incidentally, Crosby's first visit to the Garden, and I believe Lemieux's final NHL goal).
Yeah, I was there...Wasn't that Immonens first game too (I think he scored in that one too)? I remember bits and pieces of that game...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 04:47 AM
  #5
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who noticed that he didn't touch the 2nd goal? It's should be Girardi's.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
  #6
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightDistrict View Post
Curiously enough, it seems that every time Hollweg has scored, the Rangers inevitably lose; they are 1-3 when he scores. I was at the game he scored his first career goal, a 3-2 loss to the Penguins (Incidentally, Crosby's first visit to the Garden, and I believe Lemieux's final NHL goal).
That was Lemieux's last goal? Was that the one where he got a pass across the crease and just tapped it in? I don't even think it was an odd man rush.

For some reason, the sound that came off his stick when he tapped it in was very loud. Maybe MSG was quiet? Or maybe the hockey gods wanted to put an exclamation point on his last goal.

__________________
Fantasy sports betting at FakePuppy - Pick moneylines, over/unders and spreads. Totally free.
abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
  #7
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that he didn't touch the 2nd goal? It's should be Girardi's.
Yes, you are the only one. It was pretty clear that he did. But, sometimes, you see what you want to see..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
  #8
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Yes, you are the only one. It was pretty clear that he did. But, sometimes, you see what you want to see..
Exactly.
Watch the replay again, smart guy. The puck (that's the black thing they pass around) makes no contact with his stick. Girardi's shot goes fluidly over Hollweg's stick, off the goalie's pad, off his defenseman, off the goalie's helmet and in.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
  #9
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Exactly.
Watch the replay again, smart guy. The puck (that's the black thing they pass around) makes no contact with his stick. Girardi's shot goes fluidly over Hollweg's stick, off the goalie's pad, off his defenseman, off the goalie's helmet and in.
Before making an ass out of yourself (like you usually do) with your obnoxious head shaking, follow your own advice..Girardi shot-Hollweg tip-D-man head--off goalie and in...But hey, whatever. Since you are correct, I guess that's why they changed the scoring on the goal, correct? .But why let facts get in the way...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
  #10
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Before making an ass out of yourself (like you usually do) with your obnoxious head shaking, follow your own advice..Girardi shot-Hollweg tip-D-man head--off goalie and in...But hey, whatever. Since you are correct, I guess that's why they changed the scoring on the goal, correct? .But why let facts get in the way...
Grow up, whiner. I'm not going to say it again. You're incorrect.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
  #11
RedLightDistrict
Registered User
 
RedLightDistrict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
That was Lemieux's last goal? Was that the one where he got a pass across the crease and just tapped it in? I don't even think it was an odd man rush.

For some reason, the sound that came off his stick when he tapped it in was very loud. Maybe MSG was quiet? Or maybe the hockey gods wanted to put an exclamation point on his last goal.
that noise i what i always remember from that game.

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:46 PM
  #12
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Grow up, whiner. I'm not going to say it again. You're incorrect.
Now that was convincing. But tell me, really, why haven't they changed the official goal scoring? They must love Hollweg to give him a goal that he clearly didn''t touch, right?.Or hell, maybe Holly paid them?..Both happen all the time..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM
  #13
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Every dog has its day

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:05 PM
  #14
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Now that was convincing. But tell me, really, why haven't they changed the official goal scoring? They must love Hollweg to give him a goal that he clearly didn''t touch, right?.Or hell, maybe Holly paid them?..Both happen all the time..
Yea, the stat keeping in the NHL is absolutely perfect. They never mess up. Is that your only argument? It must be Holly's goal because NHL.com says it is? For some reason, I feel like my eyes seeing the puck clearly miss Hollweg's stick have more bearing than that.

Are you only capable of writing sarcastic, bitter remarks and personally attacking people? Seriously, grow up. If you disagree with what I initially said, go ahead and say so, as we're all entitled to our own opinions, but leave your teenage attitude out of it. You start unnecessary flame-wars over harmless comments. G-R-O-W U-P.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
  #15
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,269
vCash: 500
I think it was all Girardi too - but I don't want to get into that heated argument,

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
  #16
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Now that was convincing. But tell me, really, why haven't they changed the official goal scoring? They must love Hollweg to give him a goal that he clearly didn''t touch, right?.Or hell, maybe Holly paid them?..Both happen all the time..
Messier never touched the puck on the 3rd goal in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1994, it was Brian Noonan all the way. Not Mess, I'm sure Brian would love to see his name in the NHL recored book for scoring the game winning goal for a game 7 Stanley Cup Final, but hey, he got the ring and his name on the cup.


HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
  #17
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Yea, the stat keeping in the NHL is absolutely perfect. They never mess up. Is that your only argument? It must be Holly's goal because NHL.com says it is? For some reason, I feel like my eyes seeing the puck clearly miss Hollweg's stick have more bearing than that.

Are you only capable of writing sarcastic, bitter remarks and personally attacking people? Seriously, grow up. If you disagree with what I initially said, go ahead and say so, as we're all entitled to our own opinions, but leave your teenage attitude out of it. You start unnecessary flame-wars over harmless comments. G-R-O-W U-P.
Again, you are wrong, I did, and take your own advice advice. Rangers with a 3-2 win tonight, Hollweg with a real goal....

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.