HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hollwegs Goals last night

Old
01-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Hollwegs Goals last night

Unfortunately I have the displeasure of having my job back. Which means Im un able to catch alot of Rangers games however....

With Hollweg scoring two last night, just curious to see the goals and his reaction... if any one could send me links or post them it would be greatly appreciated.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Here

Go to the Rangers vs Philadelphia and click 700k to the right, it's a clickable link that will lead you to NHL's Live Portal thing.

Click on Hollweg's goals to watch each one.

1st one was good follow through, classic reaction

2nd one was kinda luck, and surprised reaction

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
RedLightDistrict

Curiously enough, it seems that every time Hollweg has scored, the Rangers inevitably lose; they are 1-3 when he scores. I was at the game he scored his first career goal, a 3-2 loss to the Penguins (Incidentally, Crosby's first visit to the Garden, and I believe Lemieux's final NHL goal).

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightDistrict View Post
Curiously enough, it seems that every time Hollweg has scored, the Rangers inevitably lose; they are 1-3 when he scores. I was at the game he scored his first career goal, a 3-2 loss to the Penguins (Incidentally, Crosby's first visit to the Garden, and I believe Lemieux's final NHL goal).
Yeah, I was there...Wasn't that Immonens first game too (I think he scored in that one too)? I remember bits and pieces of that game...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Bretzky*

Am I the only one who noticed that he didn't touch the 2nd goal? It's should be Girardi's.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLightDistrict View Post
That was Lemieux's last goal? Was that the one where he got a pass across the crease and just tapped it in? I don't even think it was an odd man rush.

For some reason, the sound that came off his stick when he tapped it in was very loud. Maybe MSG was quiet? Or maybe the hockey gods wanted to put an exclamation point on his last goal.

01-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that he didn't touch the 2nd goal? It's should be Girardi's.
Yes, you are the only one. It was pretty clear that he did. But, sometimes, you see what you want to see..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Yes, you are the only one. It was pretty clear that he did. But, sometimes, you see what you want to see..
Exactly.
Watch the replay again, smart guy. The puck (that's the black thing they pass around) makes no contact with his stick. Girardi's shot goes fluidly over Hollweg's stick, off the goalie's pad, off his defenseman, off the goalie's helmet and in.

Old
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Exactly.
Watch the replay again, smart guy. The puck (that's the black thing they pass around) makes no contact with his stick. Girardi's shot goes fluidly over Hollweg's stick, off the goalie's pad, off his defenseman, off the goalie's helmet and in.
Before making an ass out of yourself (like you usually do) with your obnoxious head shaking, follow your own advice..Girardi shot-Hollweg tip-D-man head--off goalie and in...But hey, whatever. Since you are correct, I guess that's why they changed the scoring on the goal, correct? .But why let facts get in the way...

Old
01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Before making an ass out of yourself (like you usually do) with your obnoxious head shaking, follow your own advice..Girardi shot-Hollweg tip-D-man head--off goalie and in...But hey, whatever. Since you are correct, I guess that's why they changed the scoring on the goal, correct? .But why let facts get in the way...
Grow up, whiner. I'm not going to say it again. You're incorrect.

Old
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
RedLightDistrict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
That was Lemieux's last goal? Was that the one where he got a pass across the crease and just tapped it in? I don't even think it was an odd man rush.

For some reason, the sound that came off his stick when he tapped it in was very loud. Maybe MSG was quiet? Or maybe the hockey gods wanted to put an exclamation point on his last goal.
that noise i what i always remember from that game.

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Grow up, whiner. I'm not going to say it again. You're incorrect.
Now that was convincing. But tell me, really, why haven't they changed the official goal scoring? They must love Hollweg to give him a goal that he clearly didn''t touch, right?.Or hell, maybe Holly paid them?..Both happen all the time..

Old
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Every dog has its day

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Now that was convincing. But tell me, really, why haven't they changed the official goal scoring? They must love Hollweg to give him a goal that he clearly didn''t touch, right?.Or hell, maybe Holly paid them?..Both happen all the time..
Yea, the stat keeping in the NHL is absolutely perfect. They never mess up. Is that your only argument? It must be Holly's goal because NHL.com says it is? For some reason, I feel like my eyes seeing the puck clearly miss Hollweg's stick have more bearing than that.

Are you only capable of writing sarcastic, bitter remarks and personally attacking people? Seriously, grow up. If you disagree with what I initially said, go ahead and say so, as we're all entitled to our own opinions, but leave your teenage attitude out of it. You start unnecessary flame-wars over harmless comments. G-R-O-W U-P.

Old
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I think it was all Girardi too - but I don't want to get into that heated argument,

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:07 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Messier never touched the puck on the 3rd goal in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1994, it was Brian Noonan all the way. Not Mess, I'm sure Brian would love to see his name in the NHL recored book for scoring the game winning goal for a game 7 Stanley Cup Final, but hey, he got the ring and his name on the cup.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Yea, the stat keeping in the NHL is absolutely perfect. They never mess up. Is that your only argument? It must be Holly's goal because NHL.com says it is? For some reason, I feel like my eyes seeing the puck clearly miss Hollweg's stick have more bearing than that.

Are you only capable of writing sarcastic, bitter remarks and personally attacking people? Seriously, grow up. If you disagree with what I initially said, go ahead and say so, as we're all entitled to our own opinions, but leave your teenage attitude out of it. You start unnecessary flame-wars over harmless comments. G-R-O-W U-P.
Again, you are wrong, I did, and take your own advice advice. Rangers with a 3-2 win tonight, Hollweg with a real goal....