HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

chemistry seems off,thoughts?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 10:14 PM
habsorhabsnot

vCash: 500
chemistry seems off,thoughts?

Ok so Markov comes back from his injury and they automatically bump Komi to the gallery,why did they not have markov go for a conditioning stint in ham?? or did they and ime not aware?

Dackell out doesnt change much.
Juneau once again is spasming and should take more time off but his heart is to big or is it his ego??
We lose ward to injury
Balej playing with perrault and langdon

They need to right the ship now!!!! :mad:

Ime sure that they will pull it together against buf,min etc... opportunistic schedule possibly ahead but we need to get some cohesion.

Koivu has looked horrible last 2 games, sourray has been covered like the ground after a nfld snowstorm.

LETS ALL BAND TOGETHER AND KEEP THE WAGON ROLLING YEE HA

Bye bye yannik, it was fun while it lasted.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:20 PM
Blackshad

Thats funny we win a couple of game , people jump everywhere and they are thinking that the Canadiens are The New team in the NHL and we are going for the cup.
We lose 2 games and all is wrong and players are *******.
Damn! the I.Q. is low in this forum.
When you play a game...
You can't win them all! It's part of the game.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:26 PM
habsorhabsnot

I, me not saying they are the new great team and ime not saying they suck either ime just curious what peoples thoughts are.
Trying to state my points and hopefully the true fans stay on board,have faith in
bg,cj and the habs but be patient and pray that we make subtle moves that will make us more of a threat.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Corey

I'm sure CJ will work with les gars over the All-Star recess and he may tinker with the lines. Besides, some of the defensemen could use a rest. In a way it's too bad Souray and Ryder will be going to Minnesota.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
I agree that something has looked a little off the last couple of games....I think the biggest problem has been the first pass out of the zone, also certain players seem a little disinterested(is that a word ). I think some tough love is needed from CJ to light a little fire under some a$$e$.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Habsolution

I don't think chemistry is off just yet.

Okay now. They definately should have the Markov-Rivet pairing back together. Brisebois sucks balls and has been like that almost since his comeback from injury.

Quintal is doing great as of late. He plays much better. Same for Rivet. And I think Markov needs a guy like Rivet.

I wouldn't make any other change. I must admit that Koivu's slump is scaring me a little though. I'm not used to see Koivu come out with piss poor play like that. And it's been going on for 4 of the past 5 games.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
I don't think chemistry is off just yet.

Okay now. They definately should have the Markov-Rivet pairing back together. Brisebois sucks balls and has been like that almost since his comeback from injury.

Quintal is doing great as of late. He plays much better. Same for Rivet. And I think Markov needs a guy like Rivet.

I wouldn't make any other change. I must admit that Koivu's slump is scaring me a little though. I'm not used to see Koivu come out with piss poor play like that. And it's been going on for 4 of the past 5 games.
Yeah I have liked the way Quintal has played lately...as weird as it may sound I think he has been our best defenseman the last week or so.,

Old
01-24-2004, 10:51 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
Yeah I have liked the way Quintal has played lately...as weird as it may sound I think he has been our best defenseman the last week or so.,
It doesn't sound weird to me. Sourray hasn't been as good lately, Brisebois is horrible, Komisarek was learning, Markov has just come back and well Bouillon is good but not as good as Quintal IMO. Him and Rivet are fighting that defenseman of the last week award me thinks but at this point I give the edge to Q-ball.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
It doesn't sound weird to me. Sourray hasn't been as good lately, Brisebois is horrible, Komisarek was learning, Markov has just come back and well Bouillon is good but not as good as Quintal IMO. Him and Rivet are fighting that defenseman of the last week award me thinks but at this point I give the edge to Q-ball.
True, I find a lot of people under-rate Quintal and what he does for this team. He gets no media exposure or fan exposure for that matter. He deserves every penny of his( 450 K or something) contract. He is an unsung hero, without him some nights ....

Old
01-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
True, I find a lot of people under-rate Quintal and what he does for this team. He gets no media exposure or fan exposure for that matter. He deserves every penny of his( 450 K or something) contract. He is an unsung hero, without him some nights ....
I agree. But to be honest I thought he didn't look good at the beginning of the season. It's the same thing than last season. He was horrible in the first half (besides the fights). I wonder why this is so ? Poor conditionning in the off season ?

Old
01-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Habber

Quote:
Quintal makes $1.5 mil, not 450K.

He's been decent defensively, but offensively he's bringing nothing. He can't make a breakout pass to save his life, but I guess this has never been his strong suit.

As you say, he has been an unsung hero lately after taking a pile of crap (much deserved mind you) earlier in the season and I hope he keeps up his solid defensive play.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:57 AM
4shelley4

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
Thats funny we win a couple of game , people jump everywhere and they are thinking that the Canadiens are The New team in the NHL and we are going for the cup.
When you play a game...
Best post ever

Old
01-25-2004, 12:58 AM
#44_delivers

yea the chemistry of ribs and desanias has been killed by the looks, man if desanias keeps playing like this he'll be gone.
our lines never realy had chemistry all year imho, its only our special teams that have chemistry and when they dont show up were as good as dead meat on ice.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:24 AM
Haddock

Chemistry off...?
The Habs just lost two games against two powerhouses of the East this year.
The Canadiens weren't even suppose to be in the playoffs at the beginning of the year according to most experts and to most people. I'm very happy with team right now and I won't begin to judge and talk about lack of chemistry after two losses against good hockey teams.
Come on guys! The team is doing GREAT, don't be silly just because they lost a couple of games. In an 82 games season you're bound to lose a good portions of them. It's better to lose against New Jersey and Toronto (but wins in Toronto with Habs fans chanting would be better) than against Colombus or Pittsburgh...remember Pittsburgh right? The Habs are the same team today that they were on that day. Keep the faith.
P.S. The name is Dagenais, Pierre Dagenais.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:31 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
P.S. The name is Dagenais, Pierre Dagenais.
i know its deganias, my bad:]
but man id really like our 5 on 5 to score more, ive said it when we were winning too but i know what you mean it seems like people are over reacting, but its nice to point fingers at whats going wrong, even when you win your games you dont play perfect, theres always something wrong.
ps: i really hate his game style (deganias), but thats me even when he scores i think wow he got a goal but had such a bad game :]

Old
01-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Haddock

Dagenais reminds me of guys like Luc Robitaille or Dave Andreychuk. I'm in no way comparing Dagenais to those great players but they couldn't skate if they're life depended on it. They are shooters and scorers. That's what Pierre Dagenais is.
He's not pretty to watch but he'll end up with points on the scoreboard.

Old
01-25-2004, 01:42 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Dagenais reminds me of guys like Luc Robitaille or Dave Andreychuk. I'm in no way comparing Dagenais to those great players but they couldn't skate if they're life depended on it. They are shooters and scorers. That's what Pierre Dagenais is.
He's not pretty to watch but he'll end up with points on the scoreboard.
i know exactly what you mean, thats why if this guy doesnt score then he's worthless, i honestly hope he does score becuase if he doest, cj wont hesitate.

Old
01-25-2004, 11:38 AM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Quintal makes $1.5 mil, not 450K.
But we only pay him 450K since I think both the hawks and rangers are paying parts of his contract. Well at least until last season...

Old
01-25-2004, 01:44 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
When you play a game...
Well when they win a few games, things must be going right, but something slips when they lose, but instead of riding it out, some think that something has to be done right away so the team doens't take a freefall.

Closed Thread