HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

game tonight

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2004, 09:08 PM
caper13

vCash: 500
game tonight

that was the worst i have seen in a long time nj made them look like ahlers they should be ashamed of themselves ..but it could of been a 0 0 score.imo. :mad:

Old
01-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Theo was awesome as usual though. I really hope they put some effort into tomorrow's game vs. the Leafs. This game was boring.

Old
01-23-2004, 09:30 PM
PrairieHabber

I had a bad feeling about tonight's game. Not only because the Habs have historically done so poorly in the Meadowlands but you know that the Devils won't play poorly for very long (or Brodeur for that matter). Full credit to them for turning their game around and low marks to the Habs (except for Theodore) for simply not showing up for an important game.

I was hoping the former Devils would come back to haunt them tonight. Dagenais getting a goal and Souray with the game winner would have been nice. It seems like former Habs always come back to bite them. Oh well...

Old
01-23-2004, 09:33 PM
devildan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud The Spud
Theo was awesome as usual though. I really hope they put some effort into tomorrow's game vs. the Leafs. This game was boring.
He looked quite shakey live actually. Bobbled wayyyy to many rebounds fo my taste.

Old
01-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildan
He looked quite shakey live actually. Bobbled wayyyy to many rebounds fo my taste.
He made important saves to keep them in the game and was the Habs best player tonight. He can't be the one to score goals.

Old
01-24-2004, 07:05 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
I dont understand why Julien did'nt replace Dagenais by Balej on the second line... Dagenais plays like pure crap since 2-3 games, this guy just can't skate, his only one asset is his shot!
He did at the start of the third...

Old
01-24-2004, 07:07 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
He did at the start of the third...
i caught that too he was there for about 3 line changes, do you think he'll play tonight, im thinking he will becuase wards out, but you see him being in the 2nd line at all ??

Old
01-24-2004, 09:48 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
I dont understand why Julien did'nt replace Dagenais by Balej on the second line... Dagenais plays like pure crap since 2-3 games, this guy just can't skate, his only one asset is his shot!

How much long will we watch Perreault and Kilger hurt the team?

Those guys are even not AHLers level!
Kilger didn't hurt the the team, he played well actually! Perrault just sucks, Balej was all alone in the clear and even yelled at him and number 94 didnt bother to look...

Old
01-24-2004, 09:55 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper13
that was the worst i have seen in a long time nj made them look like ahlers they should be ashamed of themselves ..but it could of been a 0 0 score.imo. :mad:
I don't agree. Jersey played like they were defending cup champions or something and our guys didn't give them an easy ride. For the most part, the Habs played solid coverage and did not give up a lot of quality chances, at least no more than the Devils did. If Ryder had buried one of his 3 or 4 chances, it might have been a different game.

One thing about Jersey is that they generate a lot of speed through the neutral zone, often beating out the positioning of tthe Habs. Along with being fast, their wingers without exception seem to be able to handle the puck and make decisions at speed, something we are lacking.

I look at last nights game as a good lesson and learning opportunity for our team. This is the direction the Habs seem to be headed in, good coaching, solid D, great goaltending, and a slew of fast, smart, skilled, not overly big forwards who play smart and can transition quickly up the ice. Jersey has no 'superstars' up front (well maybe Elias) they just get the job done with responsible, hard work and no weak links. There is always a Jersey player with jump on his way to where the puck eventually ends up.

Hopefully the loss helps the Habs with the intensity level tonight.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:58 AM
Joe Malone

Tough game. The Devils play the trap very well, and their defense did a great job in front of their net. We didn't get many chances at rebounds. The Habs played better in the third; hopefully something to build on for tonight's game.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:07 AM
RE-HABS

Burns said that they took the middle of the ice away from Montreal and made them play a dump and chase style which Montreal doesn't play anymore. Montreal was made to play NJ's style, plus Madden shadowed Riberio all nght which should show the league has taken notice of the Habs and Ribs as well.

It was a big game for both teams last night, if Montreal won they would have went ahead in the standings over the Devils and with the Devils winning they moved ahead of the Bruins in the standings. Get ready for a lot more of these games, positioning and playoff more is starting.

I missed some of the game because I myself had hockey last night, can any one here give me a scouting report on Balej? Thanks in advance.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:25 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Burns said that they took the middle of the ice away from Montreal and made them play a dump and chase style which Montreal doesn't play anymore. Montreal was made to play NJ's style, plus Madden shadowed Riberio all nght which should show the league has taken notice of the Habs and Ribs as well.

It was a big game for both teams last night, if Montreal won they would have went ahead in the standings over the Devils and with the Devils winning they moved ahead of the Bruins in the standings. Get ready for a lot more of these games, positioning and playoff more is starting.

I missed some of the game because I myself had hockey last night, can any one here give me a scouting report on Balej? Thanks in advance.
Played a decent game, started on the 4th line with perrault and langdon and then moved on the second line in the third with ribs. He didn't look out of place,and even even played well in the corners (he's stronger than i thought) and he even showed nices moves along with his blazing speed. He will only get better, this guy has MAD talent. Hes also not bad in the defensive zone. Dagenais is becoming useless , Balej will quickly become one of the fans favorites as he should take his place.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:47 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
Played a decent game, started on the 4th line with perrault and langdon and then moved on the second line in the third with ribs. He didn't look out of place,and even even played well in the corners (he's stronger than i thought) and he even showed nices moves along with his blazing speed. He will only get better, this guy has MAD talent. Hes also not bad in the defensive zone. Dagenais is becoming useless , Balej will quickly become one of the fans favorites as he should take his place.
Thanks, I look forward to seeing him play tonight against the Leafs.

Old
01-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
What should be noted is that Perreault played like utter crap yesterday, Langdon almost looked like a second line forward compared to him. He was always losing the puck, and screwing up everything Langdon or Balej tried to do (mostly langdon).
Dagenais is not useless, we still need his goals.

Old
01-24-2004, 01:44 PM
jcpenny

Balej could easily give us more goals than dagenais and even more. We don't need need him.

Old
01-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Garnet

Balej

Its amazing how Balej plays one game and Dags is already gone in your mond. Thats crazy. Balej I thought was OK. Wild in the defensive end if you ask me. Needs to put on weight to play in the NHL. I ve watched Balej maybe 8 times this year in Hamilton and he can play a lot better than he did last night. But I suggest before you give Balej a roster spot you should maybe let him prove he deserves it!!

Old
01-24-2004, 03:44 PM
Corey

I was looking for Balej to show something, a move, a burst of speed, anything, but he stayed under the radar for the most part. It was hard to tell he had been switched to another line because he didn't do anything. Perhaps against Toronto ...?

Old
01-24-2004, 04:40 PM
caper13

hat trick for dagenais tonight i hope he got the message cj was sending him last night

Closed Thread