HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr Links

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 03:35 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Jagr Links

Jaromir to play tonight
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-138476c.html

Old
01-24-2004, 03:37 AM
KING

Rangers: It's a Capital gain as they acquire Jagr

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...7122102750.xml

Old
01-24-2004, 03:41 AM
KING

Jagr Joins the Rangers' Expensive Mix

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/24/sp...ey/24RANG.html

Old
01-24-2004, 03:45 AM
KING

It was inevitable Jagr would don the Blueshirt

http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.j...ers&league=nhl

Old
01-24-2004, 10:35 AM
True Blue

http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/45117.htm

"But the GM should be under no illusions, and neither should Jagr: Among a fan base so battered it sways between apathy and antipathy toward its very own team, this is an immensely unpopular move made by an immensely unpopular chief executive, who, if it does not work out in the long run, will be long gone by then to his homes in Banff and La Quinta without ever having to deal with the ramifications that stand to doom the franchise to failure of a historic nature"
Personally, I think that Brooks hit it on the head today. Unpopular trade by what could be the most unpopular chief exectutive in Rangerland since.........? And if this does not work out for Sather, who cares? He'll be long gone and never to be able to be touched by anything having to do w/ NY, as he'll be locked away in Banff.

"Never in more than a quarter-century covering teams in this sport have I seen an operation like this one. Beginning with Dolan's preseason pronouncement that wins and losses were not necessarily the measure of Sather's effectiveness as GM in his fourth year on the job; continuing through the GM/coach's daily pleas that the press shouldn't focus so much on results but rather on team transformation; adding to that Sather's astounding public comfort level with ties when wins are necessary, and his rush to provide his team an excuse by continuously talking about injuries; never, in my opinion, has a bar been set so low for a team. "

And here I thought that I could not get any further disgusted w/ the Rangers. And now I read and get re-digusted all over again.

"Nothing is demanded of the players. There is no accountability. It's a disgrace. And this season, there is no ambiguity about who bears responsibility."

That much is certain. As I said yesterday, Jackass put himself squarely on the frong lines now. If THIS team does not make the playoffs, THIS year, he has to be gone. I'lleven go further and say that if they don't get past the first round, he's gone. And while I know that Sather could care less, I cannot help but hope that his disastourous sting in NY and the disgusting ways that he treats the fans, just permanently ruins his image in hockey for the rest of eternity.

Old
01-24-2004, 10:48 AM
Edge

This should be a link:

Rangers Acquire Jagr at

www.noplayoffsagain.com

Old
01-24-2004, 12:12 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Rangers still have Carter at

www.noplayoffsagain.com

Old
01-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Barnaby

At least we get to watch Jagr play. He's always been fun to watch. It's not like we're challenging for a cup anyway. At the very least we should beat out the Isles for an 8 seed.

Old
01-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
http://www.nypost.com/sports/rangers/45117.htm

"But the GM should be under no illusions, and neither should Jagr: Among a fan base so battered it sways between apathy and antipathy toward its very own team, this is an immensely unpopular move made by an immensely unpopular chief executive, who, if it does not work out in the long run, will be long gone by then to his homes in Banff and La Quinta without ever having to deal with the ramifications that stand to doom the franchise to failure of a historic nature"
Personally, I think that Brooks hit it on the head today. Unpopular trade by what could be the most unpopular chief exectutive in Rangerland since.........? And if this does not work out for Sather, who cares? He'll be long gone and never to be able to be touched by anything having to do w/ NY, as he'll be locked away in Banff.

"Never in more than a quarter-century covering teams in this sport have I seen an operation like this one. Beginning with Dolan's preseason pronouncement that wins and losses were not necessarily the measure of Sather's effectiveness as GM in his fourth year on the job; continuing through the GM/coach's daily pleas that the press shouldn't focus so much on results but rather on team transformation; adding to that Sather's astounding public comfort level with ties when wins are necessary, and his rush to provide his team an excuse by continuously talking about injuries; never, in my opinion, has a bar been set so low for a team. "

And here I thought that I could not get any further disgusted w/ the Rangers. And now I read and get re-digusted all over again.

"Nothing is demanded of the players. There is no accountability. It's a disgrace. And this season, there is no ambiguity about who bears responsibility."

That much is certain. As I said yesterday, Jackass put himself squarely on the frong lines now. If THIS team does not make the playoffs, THIS year, he has to be gone. I'lleven go further and say that if they don't get past the first round, he's gone. And while I know that Sather could care less, I cannot help but hope that his disastourous sting in NY and the disgusting ways that he treats the fans, just permanently ruins his image in hockey for the rest of eternity.
I see fatherhood has not yet mellowed you!

Closed Thread