HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (2009, 10th overall, Edmonton)

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Berglund1313

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
Look at Jordan Schroeder. He dominated last year and its his draft year now.. If he does the same could he go higher then his ISS ranking of #6? Still his size concerns teams but if he keeps producing at the world stage could he go higher and compete with Tavares/Hedman/MSP etc. But the issue is with his size he could end up like Chistov etc.

Going back to the topic no point in speculation right now wait until the WJC to see how MSP has progressed at world level. Its going to be hard to move Tavares out because of his hockey vision. Gretzky wasnt the best skater etc but his hockey vision and smarts were far greater then anyone at his time. Spezza was a poor skater but is still a PPG player and Spezza had some bad years after his awesome rookie performance for the Battalion. Tavares keeps producing and his production hasnt slipped. So by this analysis Tavares will be greater then Spezza.. So would you pass on Tavares who is pretty much a sure 100+ pt nhl man? How many nhlers did that last year. Exactly..

More risk with MSP but yes MSP could be the best player out of the draft. Who knows. Only time will tell. Right now keep supporting there development so we can see something special later on at the highest level.
I would not call 6'1 200 bad size or weight. 186cm 90 kilo

Old
10-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund1313 View Post
I would not call 6'1 200 bad size or weight. 186cm 90 kilo
He was speaking about Schroeder I think. Paajarvi is a big boy and it's well known.

Old
10-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Berglund1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
He was speaking about Schroeder I think. Paajarvi is a big boy and it's well known.
Ok then my Bad.

Old
10-18-2008, 09:10 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
Look at Jordan Schroeder. He dominated last year and its his draft year now.. If he does the same could he go higher then his ISS ranking of #6? Still his size concerns teams but if he keeps producing at the world stage could he go higher and compete with Tavares/Hedman/MSP etc. But the issue is with his size he could end up like Chistov etc.

Going back to the topic no point in speculation right now wait until the WJC to see how MSP has progressed at world level. Its going to be hard to move Tavares out because of his hockey vision. Gretzky wasnt the best skater etc but his hockey vision and smarts were far greater then anyone at his time. Spezza was a poor skater but is still a PPG player and Spezza had some bad years after his awesome rookie performance for the Battalion. Tavares keeps producing and his production hasnt slipped. So by this analysis Tavares will be greater then Spezza.. So would you pass on Tavares who is pretty much a sure 100+ pt nhl man? How many nhlers did that last year. Exactly..

More risk with MSP but yes MSP could be the best player out of the draft. Who knows. Only time will tell. Right now keep supporting there development so we can see something special later on at the highest level.
Actually it's Tavares who must progress in the world level. Both Hedman and MSP already playing in the worlds third best leauge SEL against seniors and veterans. Tavares "only" plays against juniors. If MSP continue to play that great he does now then I´m sure he will catch Tavares.

Old
10-18-2008, 09:23 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
I like MSP, but there is no chance in hell he goes any higher than 3rd overall. Thats just homerism. Tavares and Hedman are too dominant and promising NHLers.

Old
10-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJCfan View Post
seems most swedes are excited about MSP while North Americans prefer Hedman.
Hedman = 6'7, 212lbs

MSP = 6'0, 192lbs

The stats may be wrong but I hope it proves my point, North American's value size, toughness and skill and the Swedes value, skill, speed and more skill

Old
10-18-2008, 09:38 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I like MSP, but there is no chance in hell he goes any higher than 3rd overall. Thats just homerism. Tavares and Hedman are too dominant and promising NHLers.
Are you psychic?

It's very likely they will go 1 and 2 with MSP somewhere between 3-6. But you cant say that it's not going to happen.

Old
10-18-2008, 09:41 AM
Berglund1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Hedman = 6'7, 212lbs

MSP = 6'0, 192lbs

The stats may be wrong but I hope it proves my point, North American's value size, toughness and skill and the Swedes value, skill, speed and more skill
Hedman aint 6'7 he is HEIGHT: 198 cm / 6'6"
WEIGHT: 100 kg / 220 lbs

And MSP is 6'1

Old
10-18-2008, 09:48 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
And you mean MSP isn´t a promising NHLers????

MSP is absolutely great in SEL! But Tavares is just plkaying in a junior league against JUNIORS! Yeah that's dominant! Uhh, I mean NOT! Tavared much do much better if he will be in top 2.

Old
10-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensational Spezza View Post
Hedman = 6'7, 212lbs

MSP = 6'0, 192lbs

Hedman was 6'6 228 last year. I suppose he is like 6'7 230 at least now.

Paajarvi is was 6'1 200 at last years WJC. Probably is more like 6'2 205 now.

However the size factor has nothing to do here, Paajarvi is a big boy. It's more about forward/defenseman factor.

Old
10-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Brownies

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
But Tavares is just plkaying in a junior league against JUNIORS! Yeah that's dominant! Uhh, I mean NOT! Tavared much do much better if he will be in top 2.
It's not like he's gotten any other opportunity. He's in the best league where he can play and he's dominant. Paajarvi wouldn't be in a better league if he was born here. Fact is : Tavares, Hedman and Paajarvi are really good prospects and most of us hasn't seen enough of all of them to tell who's the best. Really, who've seen many CHL and SEL games in the last year ?

Old
10-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Canuck71

Quote:
And you mean MSP isn´t a promising NHLers????

MSP is absolutely great in SEL! But Tavares is just plkaying in a junior league against JUNIORS! Yeah that's dominant! Uhh, I mean NOT! Tavared much do much better if he will be in top 2.
Are you trying to turn this thread into the Canada vs America bash thread AGAIN? We all get it that your a huge MSP fanboy, but you over-hype this kid like crazy. By draft day I even believe MSP will be picked at #3 or #4 but thats a pretty big statement saying he's gunna go higher than Tavares or Hedman.

Old
10-18-2008, 10:40 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Are you trying to turn this thread into the Canada vs America bash thread AGAIN? We all get it that your a huge MSP fanboy, but you over-hype this kid like crazy. By draft day I even believe MSP will be picked at #3 or #4 but thats a pretty big statement saying he's gunna go higher than Tavares or Hedman.
The only one who's overated is Tavares like many other Canadian prospects. The fact is still that Hedman and MSP does great things in SEL and Tavares is only in a junior league. What about the comment" MSP has no chance against Hedman and Tavares"? That's also a big statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownies View Post
It's not like he's gotten any other opportunity. He's in the best league where he can play and he's dominant. Paajarvi wouldn't be in a better league if he was born here.
But still, OHL isn't SEL. MSP shouldn't play in SEL if he isn't very good.

Last edited by STHLM*: 10-18-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old
10-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Berglund1313

Quote:
The only one who's overated is Tavares like many other Canadian prospects. The fact is still that Hedman and MSP does great things in SEL and Tavares is only in a junior league. What about the comment" MSP has no chance against Hedman and Tavares"? That's also a big statement.

But still, OHL isn't SEL. MSP shouldn't play in SEL if he isn't very good.
Don't make it like a swed vs canada For the moment Travares and Hedman is befor MSP but if MSP keep doing what he have done the last few games and have a Good WJC then he will be in the running for the First and second spot .

Old
10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Canuck71

Quote:
So I guess Wayne Gretzky must be overrated too then because Tavares broke Gretzkys scoring record as a 16 year old. You need to stop bashing Canadian prospects and realize that pretty much every one here has nothing against your boy MSP. Seems almost like you want to turn this into another bashing thread

Old
10-18-2008, 11:14 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund1313 View Post
Don't make it like a swed vs canada For the moment Travares and Hedman is befor MSP but if MSP keep doing what he have done the last few games and have a Good WJC then he will be in the running for the First and second spot .
Well the Canadians aren't much better.
Quote:
I like MSP, but there is no chance in hell he goes any higher than 3rd overall. Thats just homerism.
No chance in hell???????????? Ohhh please! That's Canadian homerism.They are afraid that MSP will threat Tavares.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Lainlight
Hands down AINEC

stop destroying all the threads STHLM. PLZ can someone give this guy a warning or something?

Old
10-18-2008, 11:18 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
So I guess Wayne Gretzky must be overrated too then because Tavares broke Gretzkys scoring record as a 16 year old.
Ohh, now I see that was the best Gretzky did in his whole carrier, right?
I still just against juniors, come back when you have some statistics against SENIORS!

Old
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainlight View Post
stop destroying all the threads STHLM. PLZ can someone give this guy a warning or something?
Why? I have right to defence my players. I don´t think any of what I said in this thread is worser than this comment.
Quote:

Old
10-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Canuck71

Quote:
Why? I have right to defence my players. I don´t think any of what I said in this thread is worser than this comment.
Work on your english

Old
10-18-2008, 11:39 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
The only one who's overated is Tavares like many other Canadian prospects. The fact is still that Hedman and MSP does great things in SEL and Tavares is only in a junior league.
Ugh, this is painful

Where do you think the highest percentage of Canadian hockey players come from? Ontario, or the OHL I should say. Where do you think players like Nash and Staal come from? Tavares has completely smashed the records of the past two decades. I think he needs ~63 goals to be the alltime leader in the OHL. Hes the purest goal scorer that we've seen in a long time.

MSP will be very good, but Tavares can be great.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:41 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Work on your english
I know my english is bad. But is that the best comment you could post? What has that to do with hockey?

Old
10-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Work on your english
Don't deroute the thread with a language comment, you try speaking Swedish and we'll see who has to work on what and this coming from a guy who had to learn 6 diferent language during his childhood.

Language aside, I like Hedman out of all the prospects. In my book, a franchise Defenseman is more valuable any day. And STHLM stop making that "Juniors" comment, all the Canadian superstars have gone through it and I think it just makes you sound really misinformed and stupid.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:44 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Ugh, this is painful

Where do you think the highest percentage of Canadian hockey players come from? Ontario, or the OHL I should say. Where do you think players like Nash and Staal come from? Tavares has completely smashed the records of the past two decades. I think he needs ~63 goals to be the alltime leader in the OHL. Hes the purest goal scorer that we've seen in a long time.

MSP will be very good, but Tavares can be great.
I still just a junior league. It´s nothing compared to SEL.

I would rather say: MSP can be great and Tavares can be very good.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Ohh, now I see that was the best Gretzky did in his whole carrier, right?
I still just against juniors, come back when you have some statistics against SENIORS!
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...pid%5B%5D=2035
Good enough for you?

Closed Thread