HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (2009, 10th overall, Edmonton)

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2008, 11:50 AM
STHLM*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy View Post
And STHLM stop making that "Juniors" comment, all the Canadian superstars have gone through it and I think it just makes you sound really misinformed and stupid.
I will continue to say that because it´s one thing to do great against juniors and a another to do it against seniors.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
I will continue to say that because it´s one thing to do great against juniors and a another to do it against seniors.
But it doesn't make sense. Tavares is in junior because he doesn't really have another choice. It's like saying Zack Stortini is better than Paajarvi because he plays in the NHL... it's a stupid argument.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:55 AM
Garl

Quote:
You can say that Paajarvi is great because he plays in senior league.
You can't say Tavares is not great because he doesn't play in senior league.

Example: in 2007 by your logic Kessel vs Backstrom wasn't close, you know Kessel already in NHL and shows something and Backstrom was still in SEL.

In 2006 Andrew Ladd vs Evgeni Malkin it's Ladd by far.

etc.

Old
10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
But it doesn't make sense. Tavares is in junior because he doesn't really have another choice. It's like saying Zack Stortini is better than Paajarvi because he plays in the NHL... it's a stupid argument.
How great does Stortini in NHL?

Old
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Seachd

Quote:
How great has Paajarvi done in the NHL?

Get the point?

Old
10-18-2008, 12:03 PM
TIE

Quote:
I still just a junior league. It´s nothing compared to SEL.

I would rather say: MSP can be great and Tavares can be very good.
If you seriously believe that then you belong in a straightjacket. MSP can be great too obviously, but that doesn't mean Tavares can't be great as well...

Other than that... this goes well beyond homerism, it is actually painful to read through your comments so stop making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing.

Quote:
Irrelevant, it's a better league. With that logic there's no question Tavares is better than MSP, since he racks up more points in juniors.

Old
10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Brownies

Quote:
How's Tavares doing in the OHL ? You can't compare their stats in 3 different leagues ! How's that hard to understand. Like I said earlier, Tavares and Paajarvi are both doing a great job. One is dominating juniors players, the othe one is playing really well against men in a good league. Can't tell who is better without watching a lot of OHL and SEL games. I seriously can't say I've done that in the last year.

Old
10-18-2008, 12:08 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
You can say that Paajarvi is great because he plays in senior league.
You can't say Tavares is not great because he doesn't play in senior league.

Example: in 2007 by your logic Kessel vs Backstrom wasn't close, you know Kessel already in NHL and shows something and Backstrom was still in SEL.

In 2006 Andrew Ladd vs Evgeni Malkin it's Ladd by far.

etc.
Well I haven't said that Tavares is bad, but is he greater than MSP? The standard in SEL is much higher. People keeps saying that Tavares hasn't any choices than to play in the junior league. But actually MSP could play in a junior team in Sweden. Why he don't do that?

Old
10-18-2008, 12:13 PM
TIE

Quote:
Well I haven't said that Tavares is bad, but is he greater than MSP? The standard in SEL is much higher. People keeps saying that Tavares hasn't any choices than to play in the junior league. But actually MSP could play in a junior team in Sweden. Why he don't do that?
Was there a point in here somewhere? If Tavares was Swedish, he'd definitely be playing in the SEL as well. If MSP was Canadian, he'd be in the juniors.

Old
10-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Berglund1313

Quote:
You have to play Junior in canada its not like sweden wher a SEL team will buy you .
I also think Canaidian prospect would be even better if they wher able to play in a pro league /for there development.

Sorry for errors

Last edited by Berglund1313: 10-18-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE View Post
If you seriously believe that then you belong in a straightjacket. MSP can be great too obviously, but that doesn't mean Tavares can't be great as well...

Other than that... this goes well beyond homerism, it is actually painful to read through your comments so stop making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing.

Irrelevant, it's a better league. With that logic there's no question Tavares is better than MSP, since he racks up more points in juniors.

Well I only replied to a another poster. He said MSP will be very good and Tavares can be GREAT. MSP can´t be great?

If you don't like my posts then just don't read them.
Well if he isn´t good in his league then no matter if it´s NHL. That´why I asked about the statistics. It´s bigger difference between seniors and juniors than NHL and SEL.

Old
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
SKINNYELEPHANT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund1313 View Post
You have to play Junior in canada its not like sweden wher a SEL team will buy you .
junior in canada is much harder then sweden

Old
10-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Berglund1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigSMALL17 View Post
Yea i know your Junior is better then Swedish junior league that is why they play in pro league those who are good enouge.

Old
10-18-2008, 12:23 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE View Post
Was there a point in here somewhere? If Tavares was Swedish, he'd definitely be playing in the SEL as well. If MSP was Canadian, he'd be in the juniors.
The point is: Many thinks Tavares is much better than MSP because he does many more points. But still Tavares plays against juniors and MSP plays against seniors. The standard is much higher in SEL than in OHL.

Old
10-18-2008, 12:26 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigSMALL17 View Post
...and SEL is much harder than Canadian junior league.

Why buy a 17 year old if he´s not great?

Old
10-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Konk

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
Look at Jordan Schroeder. He dominated last year and its his draft year now.. If he does the same could he go higher then his ISS ranking of #6? Still his size concerns teams but if he keeps producing at the world stage could he go higher and compete with Tavares/Hedman/MSP etc. But the issue is with his size he could end up like Chistov etc.
The line Schroeder played on dominated, but he himself hardly dominated the play. He really benefited from playing with JVR and Wilson, one of which was arguably the most dominate player in the entire tournament. If you notice, all but one of his points were assists. He played very well and did his part on the line, don't get me wrong, but Schroeder has always put up his best statistics when he's been alongside those two (he played with them at the U-18s as well).

Old
10-18-2008, 01:04 PM
TIE

Quote:
Well I only replied to a another poster. He said MSP will be very good and Tavares can be GREAT. MSP can´t be great?

If you don't like my posts then just don't read them.
Well you said MSP would be great, and Tavares would "just" be very good. At least that's how I read it.

It's also pretty difficult do ignore your posts because once you get started like two thirds of the thread is either you posting, or people raging and replying to your posts. You also write a lot of double-posts, which can be excused at times but you do it constantly.

Quote:
The point is: Many thinks Tavares is much better than MSP because he does many more points. But still Tavares plays against juniors and MSP plays against seniors. The standard is much higher in SEL than in OHL.
Well it sounds like you think MSP will eat Tavares for breakfast and crap him out before lunch. If your point is that the SEL is better than the NA junior leagues then I don't think anyone will argue with you.

The leagues shouldn't matter much though, right? I mean I'm one of those people who hate it when Canadians belittle Kenny Jönsson because he played in the Swedish tier 2 league earlier, and now the SEL, saying he is a crappy Dman simply because he doesn't play in the NHL. Yet he was better than Lidstrom in the Olympics, as an example, and you know just as well as me how good he really is. With that in mind, don't you think it is unfair to say MSP is so frickin' awesome just because he plays in a better league? This is the same thing, EXACTLY the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't agree that it's impressive for MSP to play with seniors - and DO WELL! I just don't see the reason to lash out on Tavares because of it. Both kids are awesome, it's a deep draft.

Old
10-18-2008, 01:19 PM
smokes lets go

Quote:
but your making the arguement that msp is better because hes in the SEL, if he is better why is he not even the solid #3 on most scouting sites? can he become the #1 in the draft? yes, others can too. and tavares is not just mr.goal scorrer. he is a good pker too and his vision is terrific. you can't judge tavares because he plays in the ohl, have you seen him play? (and dont respond with the ave you seen msp play?, yes i have he was great but i think tavares is better for the time being)

Old
10-18-2008, 02:06 PM
SKINNYELEPHANT*

Quote:
And you mean MSP isn´t a promising NHLers????

MSP is absolutely great in SEL! But Tavares is just plkaying in a junior league against JUNIORS! Yeah that's dominant! Uhh, I mean NOT! Tavared much do much better if he will be in top 2.
ya, Crosby was playing against in a junior league against juniors before going to the NHL too. what's your point?

Old
10-18-2008, 02:27 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarestanker View Post
but your making the arguement that msp is better because hes in the SEL, if he is better why is he not even the solid #3 on most scouting sites? can he become the #1 in the draft? yes, others can too. and tavares is not just mr.goal scorrer. he is a good pker too and his vision is terrific. you can't judge tavares because he plays in the ohl, have you seen him play? (and dont respond with the ave you seen msp play?, yes i have he was great but i think tavares is better for the time being)
Like I said earlier, it's different thing to do it against juniors than to do it against seniors. And why is Tavares better? No you aren't objective(not me either)but I don´t think you have seen MSP play. It's easy to say.

Why people compare MSP to Kane then? It´s bigger gap between Kane and MSP than Tavares and MSP? No you canadians keep saying your prospects are better than the swedish, no matter if they really are. It´s in the beginnig of the season and the lists will changes a lot. Tavares should be very scared...

Old
10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINNYELEPHANT View Post
ya, Crosby was playing against in a junior league against juniors before going to the NHL too. what's your point?
What's YOUR point? Crosby was picked in a different draft. This draft will be harder than Crosby's. What do you mean? Is Tavares the new Crosby???

Old
10-18-2008, 02:40 PM
ziggy

Quote:
Like I said earlier, it's different thing to do it against juniors than to do it against seniors. And why is Tavares better? No you aren't objective(not me either)but I don´t think you have seen MSP play. It's easy to say.
As a fellow swede I have to react to this.

Please stop saying stuff like "it´s just a junior league", you don´t wear it well. Roughly 2/3 of all the players in the NHL right now once played in the CHL. When I started following the NHL that number was roughly 90 per cent.

OHL är den främsta plantskolan någonsin, alla tider, för NHL-spelare. Du framstår som en fullständig jubelidiot och skämmer ut mig som svensk.

The part in swedish was for STHLM, and I want to make clear that he´s not a very good sample of my fellow countrymen. Obviously an obnoxious stockholmare. We can´t stand them either. Please ignore him. In all likelyhood he´s drunk out of his mind. If not the social security system here is fully functioning and will deal with it.

Old
10-18-2008, 02:51 PM
smokes lets go

Quote:
Why people compare MSP to Kane then? It´s bigger gap between Kane and MSP than Tavares and MSP? No you canadians keep saying your prospects are better than the swedish, no matter if they really are. It´s in the beginnig of the season and the lists will changes a lot. Cowen should be very scared...
fixed

Old
10-18-2008, 02:55 PM
ziggy

Quote:
What's YOUR point? Crosby was picked in a different draft. This draft will be harder than Crosby's. What do you mean? Is Tavares the new Crosby???
By that logic your suggesting that Gunnar Svenssons kid will be better than Crosby...

Old
10-18-2008, 03:02 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarestanker View Post
fixed
Yes, Coewn AND Tavares should be very scared!

Closed Thread