HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (2009, 10th overall, Edmonton)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2008, 11:50 AM
  #376
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy View Post
And STHLM stop making that "Juniors" comment, all the Canadian superstars have gone through it and I think it just makes you sound really misinformed and stupid.
I will continue to say that because it´s one thing to do great against juniors and a another to do it against seniors.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
  #377
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
I will continue to say that because it´s one thing to do great against juniors and a another to do it against seniors.
But it doesn't make sense. Tavares is in junior because he doesn't really have another choice. It's like saying Zack Stortini is better than Paajarvi because he plays in the NHL... it's a stupid argument.

Seachd is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:55 AM
  #378
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
I will continue to say that because it´s one thing to do great against juniors and a another to do it against seniors.
You can say that Paajarvi is great because he plays in senior league.
You can't say Tavares is not great because he doesn't play in senior league.

Example: in 2007 by your logic Kessel vs Backstrom wasn't close, you know Kessel already in NHL and shows something and Backstrom was still in SEL.

In 2006 Andrew Ladd vs Evgeni Malkin it's Ladd by far.

etc.

Garl is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
  #379
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
But it doesn't make sense. Tavares is in junior because he doesn't really have another choice. It's like saying Zack Stortini is better than Paajarvi because he plays in the NHL... it's a stupid argument.
How great does Stortini in NHL?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:02 PM
  #380
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
How great does Stortini in NHL?
How great has Paajarvi done in the NHL?

Get the point?

Seachd is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:03 PM
  #381
TIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scandinavia
Country: Sweden
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
I still just a junior league. It´s nothing compared to SEL.

I would rather say: MSP can be great and Tavares can be very good.
If you seriously believe that then you belong in a straightjacket. MSP can be great too obviously, but that doesn't mean Tavares can't be great as well...

Other than that... this goes well beyond homerism, it is actually painful to read through your comments so stop making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
How great does Stortini in NHL?
Irrelevant, it's a better league. With that logic there's no question Tavares is better than MSP, since he racks up more points in juniors.

TIE is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
  #382
Brownies
Registered User
 
Brownies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Writing an Haiku or watching an habs game
Posts: 2,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
How great does Stortini in NHL?
How's Tavares doing in the OHL ? You can't compare their stats in 3 different leagues ! How's that hard to understand. Like I said earlier, Tavares and Paajarvi are both doing a great job. One is dominating juniors players, the othe one is playing really well against men in a good league. Can't tell who is better without watching a lot of OHL and SEL games. I seriously can't say I've done that in the last year.

Brownies is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:08 PM
  #383
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
You can say that Paajarvi is great because he plays in senior league.
You can't say Tavares is not great because he doesn't play in senior league.

Example: in 2007 by your logic Kessel vs Backstrom wasn't close, you know Kessel already in NHL and shows something and Backstrom was still in SEL.

In 2006 Andrew Ladd vs Evgeni Malkin it's Ladd by far.

etc.
Well I haven't said that Tavares is bad, but is he greater than MSP? The standard in SEL is much higher. People keeps saying that Tavares hasn't any choices than to play in the junior league. But actually MSP could play in a junior team in Sweden. Why he don't do that?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:13 PM
  #384
TIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scandinavia
Country: Sweden
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Well I haven't said that Tavares is bad, but is he greater than MSP? The standard in SEL is much higher. People keeps saying that Tavares hasn't any choices than to play in the junior league. But actually MSP could play in a junior team in Sweden. Why he don't do that?
Was there a point in here somewhere? If Tavares was Swedish, he'd definitely be playing in the SEL as well. If MSP was Canadian, he'd be in the juniors.

TIE is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:14 PM
  #385
Berglund1313
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Well I haven't said that Tavares is bad, but is he greater than MSP? The standard in SEL is much higher. People keeps saying that Tavares hasn't any choices than to play in the junior league. But actually MSP could play in a junior team in Sweden. Why he don't do that?
You have to play Junior in canada its not like sweden wher a SEL team will buy you .
I also think Canaidian prospect would be even better if they wher able to play in a pro league /for there development.

Sorry for errors


Last edited by Berglund1313: 10-18-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Berglund1313 is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
  #386
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE View Post
If you seriously believe that then you belong in a straightjacket. MSP can be great too obviously, but that doesn't mean Tavares can't be great as well...

Other than that... this goes well beyond homerism, it is actually painful to read through your comments so stop making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing.



Irrelevant, it's a better league. With that logic there's no question Tavares is better than MSP, since he racks up more points in juniors.

Well I only replied to a another poster. He said MSP will be very good and Tavares can be GREAT. MSP can´t be great?

If you don't like my posts then just don't read them.
Well if he isn´t good in his league then no matter if it´s NHL. That´why I asked about the statistics. It´s bigger difference between seniors and juniors than NHL and SEL.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:18 PM
  #387
SKINNYELEPHANT*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund1313 View Post
You have to play Junior in canada its not like sweden wher a SEL team will buy you .
junior in canada is much harder then sweden

SKINNYELEPHANT* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:21 PM
  #388
Berglund1313
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 855
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigSMALL17 View Post
junior in canada is much harder then sweden
Yea i know your Junior is better then Swedish junior league that is why they play in pro league those who are good enouge.

Berglund1313 is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:23 PM
  #389
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIE View Post
Was there a point in here somewhere? If Tavares was Swedish, he'd definitely be playing in the SEL as well. If MSP was Canadian, he'd be in the juniors.
The point is: Many thinks Tavares is much better than MSP because he does many more points. But still Tavares plays against juniors and MSP plays against seniors. The standard is much higher in SEL than in OHL.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:26 PM
  #390
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigSMALL17 View Post
junior in canada is much harder then sweden
...and SEL is much harder than Canadian junior league.

Why buy a 17 year old if he´s not great?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 12:46 PM
  #391
Konk
Registered User
 
Konk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew1234 View Post
Look at Jordan Schroeder. He dominated last year and its his draft year now.. If he does the same could he go higher then his ISS ranking of #6? Still his size concerns teams but if he keeps producing at the world stage could he go higher and compete with Tavares/Hedman/MSP etc. But the issue is with his size he could end up like Chistov etc.
The line Schroeder played on dominated, but he himself hardly dominated the play. He really benefited from playing with JVR and Wilson, one of which was arguably the most dominate player in the entire tournament. If you notice, all but one of his points were assists. He played very well and did his part on the line, don't get me wrong, but Schroeder has always put up his best statistics when he's been alongside those two (he played with them at the U-18s as well).

Konk is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 01:04 PM
  #392
TIE
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scandinavia
Country: Sweden
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Well I only replied to a another poster. He said MSP will be very good and Tavares can be GREAT. MSP can´t be great?

If you don't like my posts then just don't read them.
Well you said MSP would be great, and Tavares would "just" be very good. At least that's how I read it.

It's also pretty difficult do ignore your posts because once you get started like two thirds of the thread is either you posting, or people raging and replying to your posts. You also write a lot of double-posts, which can be excused at times but you do it constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
The point is: Many thinks Tavares is much better than MSP because he does many more points. But still Tavares plays against juniors and MSP plays against seniors. The standard is much higher in SEL than in OHL.
Well it sounds like you think MSP will eat Tavares for breakfast and crap him out before lunch. If your point is that the SEL is better than the NA junior leagues then I don't think anyone will argue with you.

The leagues shouldn't matter much though, right? I mean I'm one of those people who hate it when Canadians belittle Kenny Jönsson because he played in the Swedish tier 2 league earlier, and now the SEL, saying he is a crappy Dman simply because he doesn't play in the NHL. Yet he was better than Lidstrom in the Olympics, as an example, and you know just as well as me how good he really is. With that in mind, don't you think it is unfair to say MSP is so frickin' awesome just because he plays in a better league? This is the same thing, EXACTLY the same thing.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't agree that it's impressive for MSP to play with seniors - and DO WELL! I just don't see the reason to lash out on Tavares because of it. Both kids are awesome, it's a deep draft.

TIE is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 01:19 PM
  #393
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
The point is: Many thinks Tavares is much better than MSP because he does many more points. But still Tavares plays against juniors and MSP plays against seniors. The standard is much higher in SEL than in OHL.
but your making the arguement that msp is better because hes in the SEL, if he is better why is he not even the solid #3 on most scouting sites? can he become the #1 in the draft? yes, others can too. and tavares is not just mr.goal scorrer. he is a good pker too and his vision is terrific. you can't judge tavares because he plays in the ohl, have you seen him play? (and dont respond with the ave you seen msp play?, yes i have he was great but i think tavares is better for the time being)

smokes lets go is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 02:06 PM
  #394
SKINNYELEPHANT*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 33
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
And you mean MSP isn´t a promising NHLers????

MSP is absolutely great in SEL! But Tavares is just plkaying in a junior league against JUNIORS! Yeah that's dominant! Uhh, I mean NOT! Tavared much do much better if he will be in top 2.
ya, Crosby was playing against in a junior league against juniors before going to the NHL too. what's your point?

SKINNYELEPHANT* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 02:27 PM
  #395
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarestanker View Post
but your making the arguement that msp is better because hes in the SEL, if he is better why is he not even the solid #3 on most scouting sites? can he become the #1 in the draft? yes, others can too. and tavares is not just mr.goal scorrer. he is a good pker too and his vision is terrific. you can't judge tavares because he plays in the ohl, have you seen him play? (and dont respond with the ave you seen msp play?, yes i have he was great but i think tavares is better for the time being)
Like I said earlier, it's different thing to do it against juniors than to do it against seniors. And why is Tavares better? No you aren't objective(not me either)but I don´t think you have seen MSP play. It's easy to say.

Why people compare MSP to Kane then? It´s bigger gap between Kane and MSP than Tavares and MSP? No you canadians keep saying your prospects are better than the swedish, no matter if they really are. It´s in the beginnig of the season and the lists will changes a lot. Tavares should be very scared...

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
  #396
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINNYELEPHANT View Post
ya, Crosby was playing against in a junior league against juniors before going to the NHL too. what's your point?
What's YOUR point? Crosby was picked in a different draft. This draft will be harder than Crosby's. What do you mean? Is Tavares the new Crosby???

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 02:40 PM
  #397
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Like I said earlier, it's different thing to do it against juniors than to do it against seniors. And why is Tavares better? No you aren't objective(not me either)but I don´t think you have seen MSP play. It's easy to say.
As a fellow swede I have to react to this.

Please stop saying stuff like "it´s just a junior league", you don´t wear it well. Roughly 2/3 of all the players in the NHL right now once played in the CHL. When I started following the NHL that number was roughly 90 per cent.

OHL är den främsta plantskolan någonsin, alla tider, för NHL-spelare. Du framstår som en fullständig jubelidiot och skämmer ut mig som svensk.

The part in swedish was for STHLM, and I want to make clear that he´s not a very good sample of my fellow countrymen. Obviously an obnoxious stockholmare. We can´t stand them either. Please ignore him. In all likelyhood he´s drunk out of his mind. If not the social security system here is fully functioning and will deal with it.

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 02:51 PM
  #398
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Why people compare MSP to Kane then? It´s bigger gap between Kane and MSP than Tavares and MSP? No you canadians keep saying your prospects are better than the swedish, no matter if they really are. It´s in the beginnig of the season and the lists will changes a lot. Cowen should be very scared...
fixed

smokes lets go is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 02:55 PM
  #399
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
What's YOUR point? Crosby was picked in a different draft. This draft will be harder than Crosby's. What do you mean? Is Tavares the new Crosby???
By that logic your suggesting that Gunnar Svenssons kid will be better than Crosby...

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 03:02 PM
  #400
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavarestanker View Post
fixed
Yes, Coewn AND Tavares should be very scared!

STHLM* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.