HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (2009, 10th overall, Edmonton)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
  #401
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
By that logic your suggesting that Gunnar Svenssons kid will be better than Crosby...

When I said that. But it´s cleary that Crosby was frontrunner that year and Tavares isn´t this year. Or do you mean Hedmam hasn´t any chance too?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:07 PM
  #402
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
When I said that. But it´s cleary that Crosby was frontrunner that year and Tavares isn´t this year. Or do you mean Hedmam hasn´t any chance too?
Do You even read your own posts? Obviously not. I´ll try and break it down for you. You said the Crosby draft was a different draft. You say this draft is a Better draft. You say Magnus Svensson-Pääjärvi is better than Tavares. Clearer?

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:08 PM
  #403
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
And you mean MSP isn´t a promising NHLers????

MSP is absolutely great in SEL! But Tavares is just plkaying in a junior league against JUNIORS! Yeah that's dominant! Uhh, I mean NOT! Tavared much do much better if he will be in top 2.
Why do you have to go and ruin the thread? It was nice and civil up until this point.
You're only argument you keep making is ohhhh MSP plays against MEN whoopdy do! Does that automatically mean success?, last I checked no. Just because Tavares plays in Junior means he needs to prove himself even more? Give me a break. Our "lesser" Junior league produces a quite a bit more promising prospects. I guess that kinda blows your point outta the water eh

deanosaur is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:18 PM
  #404
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
As a fellow swede I have to react to this.

Please stop saying stuff like "it´s just a junior league", you don´t wear it well. Roughly 2/3 of all the players in the NHL right now once played in the CHL. When I started following the NHL that number was roughly 90 per cent.

OHL är den främsta plantskolan någonsin, alla tider, för NHL-spelare. Du framstår som en fullständig jubelidiot och skämmer ut mig som svensk.

The part in swedish was for STHLM, and I want to make clear that he´s not a very good sample of my fellow countrymen. Obviously an obnoxious stockholmare. We can´t stand them either. Please ignore him. In all likelyhood he´s drunk out of his mind. If not the social security system here is fully functioning and will deal with it.
So you mean OHL is better than SEL??????? Don't fool yourself. It´s big different to play against juniors than Seniors.

Now little Swedish.

Flytta till ditt fantastiska Kanada då. Du är bara en avundsjuk person från den lilla betydelselösa staden Norrköping! Varför bos du ens i Sverige och inte i Kanada? Jag är en svensk som i all fall stödjer mitt lands lag och spelare. Gör du det?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:23 PM
  #405
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
Do You even read your own posts? Obviously not. I´ll try and break it down for you. You said the Crosby draft was a different draft. You say this draft is a Better draft. You say Magnus Svensson-Pääjärvi is better than Tavares. Clearer?
This just prove that you are from Norrköping.

No, either Tavares or MSP is a new Crosby, but overall this years draft is better than Crosby's. That made Crosby as a clear frontrunner, but 2009 years draft will be much closer.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:29 PM
  #406
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
So you mean OHL is better than SEL??????? Don't fool yourself. It´s big different to play against juniors than Seniors.

Now little Swedish.

Flytta till ditt fantastiska Kanada då. Du är bara en avundsjuk person från den lilla betydelselösa staden Norrköping! Varför bos du ens i Sverige och inte i Kanada? Jag är en svensk som i all fall stödjer mitt lands lag och spelare. Gör du det?
The OHL produces by far more NHLers the the SEL.

Dags för dig att gå på krogen nu. Du måste vara bra jävla bladig nu, har ju tydligen tankat hela dagen efter vad jag kan se. Jag kan ringa taxin och betala framkörningsavgiften om du vill, vad som helst för att få dig att sluta skämma ut fosterlandet.

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:31 PM
  #407
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Why do you have to go and ruin the thread? It was nice and civil up until this point.
You're only argument you keep making is ohhhh MSP plays against MEN whoopdy do! Does that automatically mean success?, last I checked no. Just because Tavares plays in Junior means he needs to prove himself even more? Give me a break. Our "lesser" Junior league produces a quite a bit more promising prospects. I guess that kinda blows your point outta the water eh
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
I like MSP, but there is no chance in hell he goes any higher than 3rd overall. Thats just homerism. Tavares and Hedman are too dominant and promising NHLers.
Well I think this is the post who ruined the thread. A very arrogant post in a MSP threadl But we all know that Canadians do everything right.

and why must MSP prove more? After all he does great in the worlds third best league.
What do you mean? Is OHL better than SEL?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:35 PM
  #408
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
This just prove that you are from Norrköping.

No, either Tavares or MSP is a new Crosby, but overall this years draft is better than Crosby's. That made Crosby as a clear frontrunner, but 2009 years draft will be much closer.
It´s intresting how you get geography out of That.

If there is a Crosby in a draft that draft is clearly and by definition better than one without a Crosby in it.

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:37 PM
  #409
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
The OHL produces by far more NHLers the the SEL.

Dags för dig att gå på krogen nu. Du måste vara bra jävla bladig nu, har ju tydligen tankat hela dagen efter vad jag kan se. Jag kan ringa taxin och betala framkörningsavgiften om du vill, vad som helst för att få dig att sluta skämma ut fosterlandet.
So what? SEL is still a much better league than OHL. NHL is a NA league and it´s very logic that they focus more on their own leagues than SEL.



Stick till ditt jävla Kanada då ditt fån. Jag betalar mer än gärna en enkelbiljett till flyget för dig. DU skämmer ut Sverige med att stödja Kanada is hockey...

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:40 PM
  #410
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
It´s intresting how you get geography out of That.

If there is a Crosby in a draft that draft is clearly and by definition better than one without a Crosby in it.
Ohh, now I see...it was only Crosby in his draft. No other players. Thanks for clearing it out...

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:42 PM
  #411
Berglund1313
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
So what? SEL is still a much better league than OHL. NHL is a NA league and it´s very logic that they focus more on their own leagues than SEL.



Stick till ditt jävla Kanada då ditt fån. Jag betalar mer än gärna en enkelbiljett till flyget för dig. DU skämmer ut Sverige med att stödja Kanada is hockey...

Berglund1313 is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:46 PM
  #412
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berglund1313 View Post
Vad? Han började med personliga angrepp mot mig.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
  #413
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Vad? Han började med personliga angrepp mot mig.
why do i have to speak swedish to follow this thread?

smokes lets go is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:51 PM
  #414
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Okay, this discussion will not lead anywhere.

My last words about this is: Hedman and Tavares are the top picks right now. But MSP can end in the top two in the summer. It´s possible.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 04:57 PM
  #415
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
So what? SEL is still a much better league than OHL. NHL is a NA league and it´s very logic that they focus more on their own leagues than SEL.



Stick till ditt jävla Kanada då ditt fån. Jag betalar mer än gärna en enkelbiljett till flyget för dig. DU skämmer ut Sverige med att stödja Kanada is hockey...
So Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Steve Yzerman, Paul Coffey, Ron Francis, Al MacInnis and so on only got to play in the NHL cause the played in the OHL? Had they played in elitserien they wouldn´t have had the carrers they had?

It´s about attitude kid. And respect. Don´t overplay the importence of the SEL. If you know anything about it you know and I know it´s not what it used to be. Sad but true.

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 05:00 PM
  #416
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Ah, he´s out of here. Sorry about that folks. Saturday night in Sweden.

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 05:25 PM
  #417
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
So Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Steve Yzerman, Paul Coffey, Ron Francis, Al MacInnis and so on only got to play in the NHL cause the played in the OHL? Had they played in elitserien they wouldn´t have had the carrers they had?

It´s about attitude kid. And respect. Don´t overplay the importence of the SEL. If you know anything about it you know and I know it´s not what it used to be. Sad but true.
SEL is much better than OHL end of story. Don't fool yourself.

And many Canadian players shouldn't been in NHL if they were Swedes and come from SEL. But typical, you took some of the best canadians.

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 05:30 PM
  #418
sbtatter
Registered User
 
sbtatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
The 09 draft has lots of twists and turns yet.
Hedman, Tavares, Schenn, MSP, Cowan, Duschene, Kane, they all have something to prove yet....

sbtatter is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
  #419
Leafidelity
Way she goes...
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,068
vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Well I think this is the post who ruined the thread. A very arrogant post in a MSP threadl But we all know that Canadians do everything right.

and why must MSP prove more? After all he does great in the worlds third best league.
What do you mean? Is OHL better than SEL?
Are you dense? Hedman is a Swede. I dont see how Nationality has anything to do with ANY of this. You have a huge inferiority complex going. MSP has as much chance to crack the top 2 as B.Schenn does NONE.

And as for the OHL bashing, that little inferior junior league produces more NHL players than the SEL could ever dream of.

Leafidelity is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 05:43 PM
  #420
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
SEL is much better than OHL end of story. Don't fool yourself.

And many Canadian players shouldn't been in NHL if they were Swedes and come from SEL. But typical, you took some of the best canadians.
Why'd you come back?
These Canadian players shouldn't be in the NHL if they were Swede? What the hell does that even mean? Your point, if Swedes were Canadian, the whole league would be made up of Swedes? Nice theory.

deanosaur is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 05:56 PM
  #421
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Stick till ditt jävla Kanada då ditt fån. Jag betalar mer än gärna en enkelbiljett till flyget för dig. DU skämmer ut Sverige med att stödja Kanada is hockey...
You think because he disagrees with you that he's just out to support Canadian hockey? No, it's because you're making arguments that anyone - Swedish, Canadian, or other - can see are ridiculous.

Paajarvi would be playing junior in Canada if he was over here. Do you understand that? And that Tavares would be in the SEL if he was over there? It seems like that concept is way over your head.

Seachd is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 06:59 PM
  #422
AgentNaslund*
 
AgentNaslund*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
alot of strong swedish homers here. Unreal.

Hedman still needs to improve his offensive game, and play the physical game in order to succeed.

AgentNaslund* is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
  #423
smokes lets go
Registered User
 
smokes lets go's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
alot of strong swedish homers here. Unreal.

Hedman still needs to improve his offensive game, and play the physical game in order to succeed.
i was watching an interview with him on tsn and when he was asked about not being physical enough he said "thats not me" and sort of ignored any though of improving that which is odd because if i was 6'6 225 i'd be throwing my ******* weight around!

smokes lets go is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 08:42 PM
  #424
Lainlight
Hands down AINEC
 
Lainlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
alot of strong swedish homers here. Unreal.

Hedman still needs to improve his offensive game, and play the physical game in order to succeed.
Plz....alot of swedish homers? are there like 10 different STHLMs or what?

Lainlight is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:34 PM
  #425
Mr Lahey*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Great North
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
I would love to draft MSP...after:

Tavares
Hedman
Schroeder
E. Kane
Schenn
Cowen
Duchene

Mr Lahey* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.