HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson (2009, 10th overall, Edmonton)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2008, 10:54 PM
  #426
Canuck71
Registered User
 
Canuck71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
Are you dense? Hedman is a Swede. I dont see how Nationality has anything to do with ANY of this. You have a huge inferiority complex going. MSP has as much chance to crack the top 2 as B.Schenn does NONE.

And as for the OHL bashing, that little inferior junior league produces more NHL players than the SEL could ever dream of.
Its like talking to a 5 year old. I haven't seen one person in this thread say that the SEL is a bad league? I just don't know how the point doesn't get through to him that if MSP was playing over here he would be playing in the OHL and if Tavares was playing in Sweden he would be in the SEL?

I've never encountered a Swedish poster that is as arrogant as STHLM is. No disrespect to the other Swedish posters who are usually much more knowledgeable.

Canuck71 is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:28 PM
  #427
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 View Post
I would love to draft MSP...after:

Tavares
Hedman
Schroeder
E. Kane
Schenn
Cowen
Duchene
Who's E. Kane?

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:34 PM
  #428
sbtatter
Registered User
 
sbtatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujoy View Post
Who's E. Kane?
Evander Kane
http://whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=24816

sbtatter is offline  
Old
10-18-2008, 11:38 PM
  #429
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 View Post
I would love to draft MSP...after:

Tavares
Hedman
Schroeder
E. Kane
Schenn
Cowen
Duchene
Too bad he wont fall that far unless he absolutely starts to turn into a useless player and also he would have to suck at the World Juniors.

I don't see either happening. I expect top-3.

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 12:33 AM
  #430
ziggy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Norrköping, Sweden
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck71 View Post
Its like talking to a 5 year old. I haven't seen one person in this thread say that the SEL is a bad league? I just don't know how the point doesn't get through to him that if MSP was playing over here he would be playing in the OHL and if Tavares was playing in Sweden he would be in the SEL?

I've never encountered a Swedish poster that is as arrogant as STHLM is. No disrespect to the other Swedish posters who are usually much more knowledgeable.
He referred to Canada as "****ing Canada" in one of his posts, albeit in swedish. Kid obviously holds a grudge against Canada.

I found it noteworthy that he even misspelled "icehockey" in his native tongue.

ziggy is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 12:59 AM
  #431
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
He referred to Canada as "****ing Canada" in one of his posts, albeit in swedish. Kid obviously holds a grudge against Canada.

I found it noteworthy that he even misspelled "icehockey" in his native tongue.
I don't know but can you really blame the kid? If I wasn't Canadian I might have SOME grudge against Canada but not THAAAT bad at least.
That last part is quite funny actually.

deanosaur is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 01:29 AM
  #432
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy17 View Post
I would love to draft MSP...after:

Tavares
Hedman
Schroeder
E. Kane
Schenn
Cowen
Duchene

Now, this is real Canadian homer!

This is the real list(Tavares must be very scared though):

1. Hedman
2. Tavares
3. MSP
4. Cowen
5. Duchene
6. Schroeder
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
15. Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
alot of strong swedish homers here. Unreal.

Hedman still needs to improve his offensive game, and play the physical game in order to succeed.
And you Canadians call me a homer? Ha ha ha ha ! This list proves that YOU are the real homers!

A question: You're a Canadian then why you use the Swedish flag? Don't try to be a Swede when you surely isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
You think because he disagrees with you that he's just out to support Canadian hockey? No, it's because you're making arguments that anyone - Swedish, Canadian, or other - can see are ridiculous.

Paajarvi would be playing junior in Canada if he was over here. Do you understand that? And that Tavares would be in the SEL if he was over there? It seems like that concept is way over your head.
Why you Canadians says Tavares is better because he does many points? The fact is still he play in OHL and MSP in SEL. Seriously do you realy think that Tvares could do that much points in SEL?


Last edited by STHLM*: 10-19-2008 at 01:40 AM.
STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 02:22 AM
  #433
deanosaur
Registered User
 
deanosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AB/MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Why you Canadians says Tavares is better because he does many points? The fact is still he play in OHL and MSP in SEL. Seriously do you realy think that Tvares could do that much points in SEL?
Holy wow. Again you came back, you can't even understand your own belief of "My last words,"then come back? Why bother.
That post you quoted HAD NO MENTION OF TAVARES BEING BETTER BECAUSE HE HAS MANY POINTS, why you even brought that up I have no clue why. The real fact is, if MSP was over here he'd be playing OHL. That doesn't make him a better player if he has that option to be playing in the SEL and Tavares is forced to play OHL, you seriously cannot understand that can you? Give it up already.

deanosaur is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 02:38 AM
  #434
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Holy wow. Again you came back, you can't even understand your own belief of "My last words,"then come back? Why bother.
That post you quoted HAD NO MENTION OF TAVARES BEING BETTER BECAUSE HE HAS MANY POINTS, why you even brought that up I have no clue why. The real fact is, if MSP was over here he'd be playing OHL. That doesn't make him a better player if he has that option to be playing in the SEL and Tavares is forced to play OHL, you seriously cannot understand that can you? Give it up already.
What about the thread there someone says Tavares will make 83 goals in OHL?????? But that hasn't to do with his points, right?

And you Canadians make stupid lists that make me to respons to. Kane over MSP??????? What the hell???????

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 05:46 AM
  #435
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,806
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
What about the thread there someone says Tavares will make 83 goals in OHL?????? But that hasn't to do with his points, right?

And you Canadians make stupid lists that make me to respons to. Kane over MSP??????? What the hell???????
Dude seriously

Calm down a bit. Please. You are making every MSP fan look bad if you continue like this.

vippe is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 06:08 AM
  #436
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate
 
Allen Degenerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Country: Albania
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
What about the thread there someone says Tavares will make 83 goals in OHL?????? But that hasn't to do with his points, right?

And you Canadians make stupid lists that make me to respons to. Kane over MSP??????? What the hell???????
Points aren't completely irrelevant, but there's more to a player than just that. Maybe MSP would have 83 goals in the OHL, we can't know this because he's not playing in that league, so it's a moot point. And, for the record, Kane is American. Has nothing to do with Canadian bias.

Allen Degenerate is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 06:33 AM
  #437
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Points aren't completely irrelevant, but there's more to a player than just that. Maybe MSP would have 83 goals in the OHL, we can't know this because he's not playing in that league, so it's a moot point. And, for the record, Kane is American. Has nothing to do with Canadian bias.
Evander Kane is Canadian.

Garl is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 07:10 AM
  #438
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Dude seriously

Calm down a bit. Please. You are making every MSP fan look bad if you continue like this.
Have I wrong then?

Can anyone tell me how Kane can be over MSP?

...and yes Kane is a Canadian. That list is done by a Canadian homer...

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 07:25 AM
  #439
RedLeader
Registered User
 
RedLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Have I wrong then?

Can anyone tell me how Kane can be over MSP?

...and yes Kane is a Canadian. That list is done by a Canadian homer...
And you are obviously a swedish homer.. Being a homer, be they swedish like you or canadian like Agent Naslund(although he tries to hide it,lol) for example.
Your oppinons will mean nothing, if your not objective noone will listen to what you say since it will carry no weight.

Being a homer is just pointless for a discussion and if your over 20 years old and still being one, your are just too dumb or immature to change.

RedLeader is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 07:33 AM
  #440
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
And you are obviously a swedish homer.. Being a homer, be they swedish like you or canadian like Agent Naslund(although he tries to hide it,lol) for example.
Your oppinons will mean nothing, if your not objective noone will listen to what you say since it will carry no weight.

Being a homer is just pointless for a discussion and if your over 20 years old and still being one, your are just too dumb or immature to change.

Well, I voted for Selänne in a poll about Selänne and Sundin. I think Selänne has been better player than Sundin. Should a Swede vote for his biggests rivals player?

The list here above cleary point out that you Canadians are worser homers. I say it again... Kane over MSP? Hello?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 07:45 AM
  #441
Garl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
And you are obviously a swedish homer.. Being a homer, be they swedish like you or canadian like Agent Naslund(although he tries to hide it,lol) for example.
Your oppinons will mean nothing, if your not objective noone will listen to what you say since it will carry no weight.

Being a homer is just pointless for a discussion and if your over 20 years old and still being one, your are just too dumb or immature to change.
Absolutely. We all are homers a bit, but there are some really bad homers.



STHLM

Stop your crusade against Canada already. Many people agree with your point that it's possible that MSP will be TOP 2 pick this year. But you are ruining the thread. Even if you're right on subject of discussion you are not right with how do you act in this thread.

Garl is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 07:49 AM
  #442
vippe
Registered User
 
vippe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,806
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Have I wrong then?

Can anyone tell me how Kane can be over MSP?

...and yes Kane is a Canadian. That list is done by a Canadian homer...
I cant say u are wrong because I have never seen kane play. Have you?

But that's not the point. You really need to cool down because it's getting a bit silly.

vippe is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 08:10 AM
  #443
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,853
vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Does every thread about the 09 draft have to turn into a pissing contest?

Knock it off, NOW!!!

Redwingsfan is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 10:18 AM
  #444
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post

1. Hedman
2. Tavares
3. MSP
4. Cowen
5. Duchene
6. Schroeder
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
15. Kane

That's absolutely hilarious. Do you even know who Evander Kane is? Have you ever even seen the kid play? In the very defensive minded Western Hockey League, Kane has 9 goals and 13 assists in 10 GAMES!!!! THATS 22 POINTS IN 10 GAMES!!! The rate he is scoring at is higher than Tavares (Kane -> 2.2 PPG, Tavares -> 1.77 PPG).

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 10:26 AM
  #445
drew1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
STHLM: The year is still young and MSP could go anywhere in the top 10 of the draft just as any player. But to crack the top 2 he will need to do something special or Hedman/Tavares messed up.

Can he be drafted/ranked higher then Tavares. He sure can. But this wont happen until the WJC's to see them compete at the same level and how they react on the ice. This year its in Canada so its NA ice surface. Will that affect MSP's game? Can Tavares really produce this season and lead Canada?

Tavares has a solid track record that put him in the #1-#2 spot for the past 2 years for this draft. Can he move down yes. Theres a lot of questions in his game but his hockey sense is just amazing and its hard to deny that. Like I said earlier Tavares is a better version of Spezza. So if Spezza is a PPG player Tavares should be a 100pt man by that theory.

Tavares, if he could would love to play in a league higher then the OHL. He went to Ontario Court so he could be drafted early into the OHL at an early age and won. First of its kind. The only exception to date.

Tavares was even rumoured to challenge the NHL's age because his birth date was something like 5 days after the eligibility. NHL refused and said theres no way we will allow that. So Tavares is stuck in the OHL until he makes the NHL. Why do I say that? Because he is not allowed to play in the AHL since the OHL retains his rights til hes 20 unless hes on a NHL team.

Can MSP score as many goals as Tavares in the OHL? maybe but who cares? Hes in the SEL which is great for his development as hes playing against stronger men. Tavares development is being hindered as hes unable to go to the next level to play stronger opponents which I believe has made him try to improve his game at the OHL level. He concentrated last season on playmaking etc so he wasnt known as just a goal scorer.

One thing that impressed be about Tavares is when he was cut from team Canada 2 years ago. It was the first time he was cut from a team. It really set home in him and he exploded his production in the OHL since the cut. Pat Kane still beat him but he was #2. But it really showed his attitude and heart on how he was wanted to be a better player.

Personally Ive only seen a few clips of MSP so im looking forward to how he compares to others in the draft. ie. Schenn, E Kane, Schroeder at a game perspective. So the WJC should be a great year. I also would like to see how Taylor Hall does.. Should be an exciting year.

drew1234 is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 10:27 AM
  #446
STHLM*
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
That's absolutely hilarious. Do you even know who Evander Kane is? Have you ever even seen the kid play? In the very defensive minded Western Hockey League, Kane has 9 goals and 13 assists in 10 GAMES!!!! THATS 22 POINTS IN 10 GAMES!!! The rate he is scoring at is higher than Tavares (Kane -> 2.2 PPG, Tavares -> 1.77 PPG).
Why have ISS him in 13th place at their latest list? Have I missed something.

Again you Canadians keep to say how many points your prospects does. But they should try to do that in SEL. Seriously do you think Kane should has so many points in SEL? No? and why not rate him higher than Tavares and the other top Canadians? Have you Canadian seen MSP play to put him in 8 place?

STHLM* is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 10:35 AM
  #447
drew1234
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Why have ISS him in 13th place at their latest list? Have I missed something.

Again you Canadians keep to say how many points your prospects does. But they should try to do that in SEL. Seriously do you think Kane should has so many points in SEL? No? and why not rate him higher than Tavares and the other top Canadians? Have you Canadian seen MSP play to put him in 8 place?
STHLM:

Just like Patrick Kane he was not rated #1 until January.

I agree with you a bit but its better to argue that just because E.Kane has had 3 good weeks it doesnt mean hes better. He needs to keep the pace up and if E.Kane performs exceptionally well at the WJC (if he makes team canada) he does have the ability to pass MSP in rankings. You have to accept that. He does have the ability to pass him.

Patrik Kane was #21 when the year started and ended up #1.
Cherepanov was ranked #1 for parts of the year and ended #17.
Logan Couture was #1 when the season began and ended #10?

Right now its way too earlier, and the rankings will go up and down all year. Any player can go at any position.

drew1234 is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
  #448
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again
 
chaosrevolver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Why have ISS him in 13th place at their latest list? Have I missed something.

Again you Canadians keep to say how many points your prospects does. But they should try to do that in SEL. Seriously do you think Kane should has so many points in SEL? No? and why not rate him higher than Tavares and the other top Canadians? Have you Canadian seen MSP play to put him in 8 place?
Hmm interesting....

Well let's see, a whole scouting service's opinion isn't going to change drastically because of a strong start. Im just pointing out that is pretty redicioulous to knock Kane down to #15 when he is absolutely bursting onto the scene. Im actually quite surprised by ISS's rankings but either way, if Kane keeps up even near the pace he is at, he will be top-8 by the end of the year for certain.

Ive been defending MSP throughout this whole thread and you still try to imply that I think Kane should be ahead of him. Im saying Kane is in Schroeder, etc. league and he right now should not be considered that low.

By the way, how bout you stop referring to "US" as "YOU CANADIANS."

AND YES I HAVE SEEN MSP PLAY WHICH IS WHY I SAID "I wouldn't be surprised if MSP becomes the best player in this draft."

chaosrevolver is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
  #449
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 2,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
This thread is absolute gold.

STHLM. You are so deluded and wrong it's ridiculous. MSP is a VERY good player, and I can see him going either 3 or 4, but it's virtually impossible that he goes ahead of Tavares

However, stop your tirade on Canada.

You're like the Swedish version of Don Cherry, except you're hating on Canada, not Europe

Tatanik is offline  
Old
10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
  #450
2525
Registered User
 
2525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,370
vCash: 500
Reading all these posts, I guess European kids have an unfair advantage in that they can play in a better league than Canadian kids. Using that logic, they should be far better than Canadian kids. I think it's great that even with the unfairness, Canadians can actually make the NHL.

By the way, if I drafted 1st, I'd take Hedman and I'm a disadvantaged Canadian LOL

2525 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.