HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your shootout lineup.

Old
01-13-2008, 08:54 PM
General Veers

vCash: 500
Your shootout lineup.

We haven't had many this year. Tonight AM went with Boyes, Kariya, McDonald. Do you like his choices? I guess lineups can change depending on goalies, cold streaks, etc. but if I had a default shootout lineup it would be Boyes, Perron, McDonald.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
We haven't had many this year. Tonight AM went with Boyes, Kariya, McDonald. Do you like his choices? I guess lineups can change depending on goalies, cold streaks, etc. but if I had a default shootout lineup it would be Boyes, Perron, McDonald.
According to Kerber, tonight, The Blues have only made ONE shootout goal this season. Can that be right?

I think it's a good idea to get Perron in there. The goalies don't have a good book on him, and he seems to try a lot of different things with the puck (more variety than most-and he's fallen into less habits based on previous success). I think he might be harder to defend against than Kariya or MacDonald, who the average #1 in the NHL West has seen many, many times.

Right now, I think I'd have Boyes, Kariya, Perron, MacDonald, Stempniak for a generic top 5. The order might vary depending upon histories of shooters vs. the opposing goalie.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 10:12 PM
crackout

We have won 1 of our 4 shootouts this season, going 1-for-12. Boyes has the only goal (against Nashville). Pretty pathetic. We were (6-6) in shootouts last season, and 14-for-36. So our record was much better.

A lot of it is down to luck and how the goaltender is playing, so I guess we can't read too much into only 12 shots.

As for my line up, Kariya must be in it. He was 12-for-18 in his past 2 seasons, so (stats wise) he is easily our best man, even if he hasn't stepped up yet. Then the other spots are between Boyes, McDonald and Stempniak. With how poorly the shootouts are going just now, Stempniak is a must for the next one.

crackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
BluesDarb

Kariya(LOCK!)
Boyes(LOCK!)
Perron/Stempy(whoever is hotter)
The other half of the last pair
Andy Mac

That's my top 5.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
CuSa_1

I think Stempy has to be in there. McClemment was pretty good at shootouts a couple years ago, when he got the opportunities (of course my memory could be way off).

I'd say Kariya, Stempniak, and Boyes

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 01:43 AM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
Stempniak sould be in. e was great in shootouts last year. Remember his SO goal against Fred Norrena. That was great.

Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 05:23 AM
General Veers

Seems like everyone likes the same 3 or 5 player lineup, I also would round out my top 5 with Stempy and Kariya. So now my question is, what would it take to get EJ, Wags, Jammer, or McClem. on the shootout roster?

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Rattray

I would have liked to see Perron myself

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote