HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsivals worst game as a Ranger...

Old
01-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Michal Rozsivals worst game as a Ranger...

Man, Rozsival was just awful out there tonight. Took a retarded penalty, couldnt keep the puck in on the power play a bunch of time, at least a couple of horrible, malik-esque turnovers, and i dont believe he had a single quality shot on goal.

I rip into struds and malik a lot, but you gotta be able to point out other players, and rozsival was horrible tonight.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Rozsivals best game as a Ranger in terms of actually being a team player.

I don't care penalty he takes, people were running our goalie left and right and Rozsivals the only one that did anything about it.

We weren't going to win this game, we were plain awful as a team out there.

At least Rozsival isn't a god damn baby.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:49 PM
h0ckeyman

He was noticeabley frustrated and a little mentally shook from that near eye injury, probably among other things. Everyone has a bad game now and then, lets just hope it was a once in a while thing.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:52 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post

I don't care penalty he takes, people were running our goalie left and right and Rozsivals the only one that did anything about it.

Agreed 100%

Rozsival showed heart in this game, unlike 90% of his other teammates.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

that was a stupid penalty to take though. at least get your moneys worth. all he did was do a weak imitation of Rafiki with the one armed punch to the face.

Old
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Agreed 100%

Rozsival showed heart in this game, unlike 90% of his other teammates.
Plus he had to cover up for Malik's heartless effort like a million times on a 2 on 3.

I saw Malik leave his man and expect Rozsival to cover it up like four times.

Old
01-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
that was a stupid penalty to take though. at least get your moneys worth. all he did was do a weak imitation of Rafiki with the one armed punch to the face.

Lol nice video

but hey man at least he threw it?

He got bashed in the eye and nothing happened, clearly there was frustration ..

but that all leads up to the dude with the mustache yet again

Old
01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Lol nice video

but hey man at least he threw it?

He got bashed in the eye and nothing happened, clearly there was frustration ..

but that all leads up to the dude with the mustache yet again
i agree, he was frustrated, and i understood the penalty, but it was a stupid one to take, especially based on the time of the game, and how badly we were being outplayed at the time.

im actually more annoyed at his turnovers and his inability to keep the puck in on the point twice on the powerplay.

Old
01-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

What's new? Roszival's been taking idiotic penalties for atleast the past month.

Old
01-14-2008, 09:25 PM
ruckus*

It sucks that we don't have a real solid D man or someone who could step in for him. I don't think he's worth the money he's going to demand after the year. And with all our kids coming up I'd rather not resign him (although Sather seems to want to a lot). I don't want him taking up another large portion of the cap. He's simply not worth the money. He's solid. He's good. But he's not going to be worth the money he'll probably get. I wish we had another solid D man so we could move him at the deadline and get something back for him instead of screwing our cap by resigning him or letting him walk at the end of the year. But this team will be in the mix still and have no one who can replace him so that will never happen.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 12:23 AM
NHLhockey1234

great, now we are sticking lion King Videos. Making Denzel Esche Washington. Sean Connery Huet. Now we've got Rafiki. I think we are all going hillariously mad: Behold the POWER OF RAFIKI.

Rafiki needs to hit Renney with a stick a couple of times.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 10:14 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:

that's exactly how I saw it...good call!

The rest of the team seems to be content with being insulted and walked over. This team is bad right now on every level.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 10:44 AM
shady8277

malik too, those terrible versus commentators ripped roszival for letting malkin skate in but it was malik who got beat and i was able to count to 5 and he was one step behind malkin the whole time NOT MOVING while roszival was tied up in the crease. All malik had to do was make a little second effort and that game would never had been blown open like that. Thats what i like about girardi, never gives up...

shady8277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:37 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady8277 View Post
malik too, those terrible versus commentators ripped roszival for letting malkin skate in but it was malik who got beat and i was able to count to 5 and he was one step behind malkin the whole time NOT MOVING while roszival was tied up in the crease. All malik had to do was make a little second effort and that game would never had been blown open like that. Thats what i like about girardi, never gives up...
Malik and Tyutin even for the game. The other Dmen all minus, including the one who never gives up.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
Fletch

Malik was even...

but he was on the ice for that first goal and didn't look particularly good on that play by Malkin, if I remember correctly.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 12:08 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
but he was on the ice for that first goal and didn't look particularly good on that play by Malkin, if I remember correctly.
Not saying he played a great game or even a good one. Just that he was even for the game. Just pointing out that the other DMen were all minus 1 and minus 2 so they weren't exactly playing all star hockey.

It's all just another example of looking for scapegoats when the team as a whole is beaten soundly.

When the Rangers win, people post how great the individual players were. When they lose, it's not that the other team played well, it's that certain Rangers sucked or that the refs sucked.

Sometimes players on other teams play better than the Rangers. Nothing more, nothing less, but fans can't accept this so they try and find fault with individuals whether they be players or refs.

Old
01-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Fletch

Understood...

when you lose 4-1 there never should be one scapegoat. If there is one person (call him Malik) who was responsible for the loss, which includes the team's inability to score. If Malik was the sole problem then perhaps blame the coach for keeping him in so long. Bottom line, Malik got schooled on that play, but the Rangers couldn't score goals and couldn't keep three other shots out of the net. That ain't on Malik, I agree.

Old
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:

Like I said at the time...There is a time and a palce for that. It was only 2-0 and we were already shorthanded.
Combine that with the fact that we more or less controlled the final 40 minutes. His penalty was costly.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Like I said at the time...There is a time and a palce for that. It was only 2-0 and we were already shorthanded.
Combine that with the fact that we more or less controlled the final 40 minutes. His penalty was costly.
That was also a BS call, look again, the only reason that was called was the embellishment of the Penguin player. Rosi barely touched him.

Not making an excuse though, Rosi didnt look so hot last night.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Guys like Malkin tend to make defensemen look bad. I wish we had forwards who could do that to defensemen on other teams.

Old
01-15-2008, 01:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
That was also a BS call, look again, the only reason that was called was the embellishment of the Penguin player. Rosi barely touched him.

Not making an excuse though, Rosi didnt look so hot last night.
it was a good call. definitely an embellishment, but throwing a sucker punch is always going to be a penalty.

Old
01-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
it was a good call. definitely an embellishment, but throwing a sucker punch is always going to be a penalty.
He threw back his forearm, right after the Penguin player had done the same. It happens all the time in those situations, but because of the embellishment it was called. Come on, gotta let the players use a little 'edge' around their goalie, its always been like this.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
bumrusherer

Bluenote - I agree. The refs got picky with it, but Rosie has to understand the situation.
Down by 2 goals and already shorthanded. You cant commit those dumb penalties...even if you are provoked or even if its a soft call.

A smart player finds a way to get a penalty called on his opponent. A dumb player gets caught committing a penalty.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Bluenote - I agree. The refs got picky with it, but Rosie has to understand the situation.
Down by 2 goals and already shorthanded. You cant commit those dumb penalties...even if you are provoked or even if its a soft call.

A smart player finds a way to get a penalty called on his opponent. A dumb player gets caught committing a penalty.
A dumb player gets his ass handed to him.

**** with our goalie we'll **** with you. I see nothing wrong with what Rozsival did. Nothing. Nada. Rozsival's pissed because,

1. He got hit in the eye with a stick, no call called.
2. He's paired with Malik. He has to cover for him CONSTANTLY. He likes Staal. He plays better with Staal.
3. Pens were running our goaltender all night and Rozsival himself.

Fully accept what Rozsival did and fully agree.

Old
01-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Fletch

Rozsival plays better with Staal?

Staal's been fantastic this season, but I think the Rozsival of the last two seasons (while paired with Malik) was better than this season's Rozsival. That's not a slight to Staal, but it is a slight to Jagr's line, which when it was going, made the unit of five look quite exceptional.