HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/20 vs Boston

Old
01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Todd Elik

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Todd Elik
1/20 vs Boston

Hey guys bruins fan here. I am coming down for the home/home series. I just have a couple of general questions. Im staying at the Ramada is that near MSG, how far am I from the NHL store, Is the NHL store highly priced, and what can u do on a saturday night around 10 thats when I will be arriving. This is my first trip to NYC. At the game I will be wearing a Lucic Jersey I will also be with a Rangers fan at the game, If u see me standing up and clapping you can boo me if you want. This is a big home/home series and I will not mind a spilt but really want the 4 points. good luch and thanks in advance for any info

Todd Elik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:06 PM
The Thomas J.*

The NHL store is expensive, there are lots of fun things to do in an around Manhattan.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
Smashley

Google Maps is your friend

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Google Maps is your friend

Regular Google.com can answer all his questions too. It pains me when people ask such ridiculous questions with the entire internet avaliable at their fingertips.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:57 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Elik View Post
Hey guys bruins fan here. I am coming down for the home/home series. I just have a couple of general questions. Im staying at the Ramada is that near MSG, how far am I from the NHL store, Is the NHL store highly priced, and what can u do on a saturday night around 10 thats when I will be arriving. This is my first trip to NYC. At the game I will be wearing a Lucic Jersey I will also be with a Rangers fan at the game, If u see me standing up and clapping you can boo me if you want. This is a big home/home series and I will not mind a spilt but really want the 4 points. good luch and thanks in advance for any info
I figured I'd say YOUR WELCOME now rather than later. To find the building where the Rangers play, just look for a big top tent & elephants.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2008, 09:59 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Sometimes people just get really excited about trips. He said it was his first time to NYC. Sometimes google doesn't tell you about all the tricks that a human could.

I assume you are staying in the Ramada on 34th and 8th? If so, you are excessively close to MSG. Nice easy walk. - Across the street. MSG is on top of Penn Station which has a major subway station that will get you anywhere in NYC and points beyond.

The NHL store is on 47th and Ave of the Americas. Its a pretty decent walk, but could be really fun if the weather is ok as Times Square is right in between your route. And as long as you are walking to 47th, walk a few more blocks to Rockefeller Center.

If you really want to step up your game, make a visit to White Castle on 37th? and 8th then wash those burgers down with a trip to Greys Papaya one block north.

01-15-2008, 01:23 AM
The Thomas J.*

Check out the old homestead in the meat packing district if you love steak, than head further down town to the Dakota rd House for a few drinks, they are both Zagot rated

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Don't waste your time at the NHL store. Unless you collect all things RBK dont even bother.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:20 AM
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Elik View Post
and what can u do on a saturday night around 10
Anything.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:26 AM
redfzn

Wouldn't hurt to at least check out the NHL store since it's a NYC thing, it's not like he has one in Boston and he's only about 15 blocks away.

You should also check out Gerry Cosby's at MSG. A lot of cool stuff in there. If you enter the Garden on 7th ave., it'll be on your left side before you go through the glass doors where the ticket windows are.

You can find plenty of good bars/lounges on a Saturday night in Manhattan to just kick it at. I couldn't tell you any on 34th st. off the top of my head though as I usually go further downtown.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 01:32 AM
redfzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
If you really want to step up your game, make a visit to White Castle on 37th? and 8th then wash those burgers down with a trip to Greys Papaya one block north.
I'd definitely take a pass on the White Castle unless you want to spend the rest of your time in the city on the john. I'd rather go for Roy Rogers right across the street from the Garden on 7th ave. if you're looking for good "fast" food.

Check out Karma on 3rd st. and 1st ave., my favorite bar in the city. Bowery Poetry Club between 1st st. and 2nd st. and Bowery (ave.) is also good.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote