HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Vancouver Canucks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets__01/15/07__7:00PM EST

Old
01-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Beer30

vCash: 500
A little shameless self promotion- OK technically- it was 2 lines and some D chipping-in. BUT- AWESOME game! Just when you think they are on empty...BAM- The team from October shows up. The team that played last night can win some road games. PHX should be a good place to test the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer30 View Post

We will not relent to the whale
Quote:
If I remember correctly- the last time we played/had success against Luongo- we got to him EARLY
Quote:
Here's to getting THREE lines going

Beer30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Beer30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
I haven't seen this point made before so I'll throw it out there: No matter which winger or centerman you put Z with ... he finds a way - *the* way - to make it work. And, I think we can lay to rest the idea that Zherdev is "stupid" - he's an incredibly intuitive and creative hockey mind, pure genius at reading the play in front of him.

Nash struggling to score worries me, naturally. But I have to say that I think he's the best PKing forward on the team ... really superb.

Vyborny is definitely back.

You knew he had it in him- the question has always been- Where and when (if ever) would the sleeping monster awaken. I still don't "recognize" that player wearing 13! WOW! I hope he sticks around- figuratively and literally.

Old
01-16-2008, 10:04 AM
orthosrgn2

Hey Beer30, do you want a pat on the back or is your own arm long enough?

orthosrgn2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Beer30

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthosrgn2 View Post
Hey Beer30, do you want a pat on the back or is your own arm long enough?
HA! I just had a good feeling about last night. More happy than anything. I will now return to my usual brand of glowering pessimism- Thanks.

Old
01-16-2008, 10:27 AM
orthosrgn2

Quote:
HA! I just had a good feeling about last night. More happy than anything. I will now return to my usual brand of glowering pessimism- Thanks.
Hey, if you can keep calling them like that, then knock yourself out!

orthosrgn2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Well, saw a great game last night. Best damn thing about the Jackets right now is that they aren't letting adversity affect them. Nuck's tie it up and then KABOOM, back in the lead. After that Jackets didn't panic and played a good solid game.

Once again Z is best player on the ice, and what a sweet play by Peca on Z's goal. After the game Peca said that he had that pre-planned and told Z to be ready for the puck. Gotta love Peca.

I thought both Nuck goals were good goals, not Pazzy's fault at all. Especially the second goal after Vybes got a 2 minute minor for "being a Blue Jacket". Seems like we are just going to have to put up with those BS calls on us again this year. Bad thing is that is 2 games in a row we got that call on pucks that were inadvertantly redirected into the netting. Very bad calls, both.

On a side note, all-star goalie Chris Osgood gives up 3 early goals and is yanked. Only faced like 13 shots. Once again, great call NHL. Heard, though, that it was Detroit's coach that made that pick. Imagine that. Homer A-hole.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Inquiring Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
... after Vybes got a 2 minute minor for "being a Blue Jacket".
True.
True.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 03:03 PM
beba91

Nice frozen moment pic

Pazzy looks like a little kid

beba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:

You knew he had it in him- the question has always been- Where and when (if ever) would the sleeping monster awaken. I still don't "recognize" that player wearing 13! WOW! I hope he sticks around- figuratively and literally.
Beer30!! Welcome on over from Metroboards! Grrrrrreat to see yas! More drawing! More Nostradamus! More, more!

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:10 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJrumble View Post
Sure MacLean deserves some props for the draft picks.

He also deserves credit for ruining them too.

With MacLean still her Zherdev still sucks. With MacLean still here Brassard is in and out of the lineup has no confidence and no perment address. With MacLean still here Brule is still here on the 4th line. With MacLean still here Boll is no where near Columbus. With MacLean still here Novo and Hejda arnt.

Team is 400 times better without him.
I completely agree that we are better without him, all I was saying that he did draft some good young players that are starting to do well. That's all, this was not a "we should have kept MacLean" comment.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:26 AM
cpmCBJ

Quote:
On a side note, all-star goalie Chris Osgood gives up 3 early goals and is yanked. Only faced like 13 shots. Once again, great call NHL. Heard, though, that it was Detroit's coach that made that pick. Imagine that. Homer A-hole.
you're complaining about osgood but not legace? i'm confused.

cpmCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 09:38 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
you're complaining about osgood but not legace? i'm confused.
I'm complaining about Osgood because he was added to a roster that already included 3 Redwings that had been voted in by the fans. Legace was added because they wanted a player to represent the Blues. I know that Osgood has good numbers this year, but who wouldn't playing behind that team.

Legace being added was understandable because they didn't want the Blues to not be represented, and he has descent numbers.

Why add Osgood when the Wings are already well represented and Pazzy was second in fan voting and has great numbers playing for the Jackets?

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:20 AM
5StringBuzz

Quote:
I'm complaining about Osgood because he was added to a roster that already included 3 Redwings that had been voted in by the fans. Legace was added because they wanted a player to represent the Blues. I know that Osgood has good numbers this year, but who wouldn't playing behind that team.

Legace being added was understandable because they didn't want the Blues to not be represented, and he has descent numbers.

Why add Osgood when the Wings are already well represented and Pazzy was second in fan voting and has great numbers playing for the Jackets?
What he said. Sure, the Wings look like they're running away, but they haven't won the cup yet. Too many guys already on the AS roster, and no need to add Osgood.

5StringBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:53 PM
BritSabre

I know that this has probably been said in this thread many times, but how the hell has LeClaire not made the team? Osgood has barely started half the games so far this year and is playing behind the best defenceman in the league and 2 former all-stars and a former 1st rounder - not to mention the star firepower up front. Yes he's done well, but Leclaire is challenging Luongo for best western goalie and he's not in the top 4!

It's Bull****

BritSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
I know that this has probably been said in this thread many times, but how the hell has LeClaire not made the team? Osgood has barely started half the games so far this year and is playing behind the best defenceman in the league and 2 former all-stars and a former 1st rounder - not to mention the star firepower up front. Yes he's done well, but Leclaire is challenging Luongo for best western goalie and he's not in the top 4!

It's Bull****
NHL politics of some nature...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote