HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jagr seen limping today-did not practice

Old
01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I enjoy posting here for the most part but not for nothing, some of you guys are DISGRACEFUL and should NOT be calling yourselves Rangers fans. The things you say about YOUR own players makes me sick. Instead of picking on a guy like Jagr for the team's struggles, and make ignorant comments like "oh hez dumb cauze he shuld not play if hez hurt what a retardd lyke who carez if he hasznt missed agame he suxx!", you should take a look at the team as a whole. It's really pathetic guys. If you're going to show frustration, at least make a smart argument for it, and show displeasure for the TEAM, not Jagr, not Malik, not Rozsival's "worst game as a Ranger", etc.

I mean it has honestly gotten to the point where I think some of you are better off slapping on some skates yourselves, and getting on the ice. Because after all, you guys talk as if you can do SO much better.
I see that as a huge problem when it comes to our fans. I bet 95% have at least played some sort of organized sport like baseball, basketball, football, volleyball, etc.

But i'd say 30% if that have ever played hockey at a competitive level. You know this when they yell 'Skate!' or 'Shoot!' 50 times a game. And how they think players are dogging it, etc.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathgate View Post
Our core defense is young as is our goalie. Trade most, if not all of the older forwards and start to build your forwards around Gomez, Drury and possibly Prucha
The Rangers are built from the goal to defense to center.It's easier to find wingers than centers.A center can be moved to wing but a wing can't be moved to center.Up the middle like a baseball team.No team doughout here.Like a helicopter with no wings

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Bury Your Head

Bruno, I'm not telling you to show sympathy for anyone. What I'm saying is that from what I hear, we are in absolutely no position to criticize any player's efforts or skill. For even a fourth liner like Colton Orr has accomplished more than anyone (from what I know) on this board has (at least on the ice). Showing displeasure for the team is one thing but to constantly attack players and make arguments structured on your own personal bias is, in my opinion, ignorant and not needed.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
why?!?!?!?!
Why: is Drury more important, or why did Drury not practice?

The former: kind of tongue in cheek, but at this point Drury represents more of the future, and he's a key forward, defensively

The latter: I don't know, it's just what Dlueshirt Bulletin reported.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
squishy

Quote:
I enjoy posting here for the most part but not for nothing, some of you guys are DISGRACEFUL and should NOT be calling yourselves Rangers fans. The things you say about YOUR own players makes me sick. Instead of picking on a guy like Jagr for the team's struggles, and make ignorant comments like "oh hez dumb cauze he shuld not play if hez hurt what a retardd lyke who carez if he hasznt missed agame he suxx!", you should take a look at the team as a whole. It's really pathetic guys. If you're going to show frustration, at least make a smart argument for it, and show displeasure for the TEAM, not Jagr, not Malik, not Rozsival's "worst game as a Ranger", etc.

I mean it has honestly gotten to the point where I think some of you are better off slapping on some skates yourselves, and getting on the ice. Because after all, you guys talk as if you can do SO much better.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Why: is Drury more important, or why did Drury not practice?

The former: kind of tongue in cheek, but at this point Drury represents more of the future, and he's a key forward, defensively

The latter: I don't know, it's just what Dlueshirt Bulletin reported.
Drury does take a lot of abuse in front of the net...I wonder if it has anything to do with that.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 02:44 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Great, can't trade him when he's banged up.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
NY Ranger86

if ur guna get on jagr for POSSIBLY sitting out his first game as a new york ranger, then u BETTER be getting on Avery's case.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 03:22 PM
TheMetalChick*

Maybe Jagr is experiencing sympathy pain?

I just read that Nylanders season is done. He is out for three to six months... to get surgery on his torn left rotator cuff. He has apparently been playing in pain and it got to the point where he couldnt even sleep anymore.

Whatevers wrong, Jagr's pretty tough- if he can play through it, he will.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 03:32 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
It is true. I don't consider it much of an accomplishment, though.

He's an idiot. 10 of those games he should of missed at the very least because of an injury that he only made worse by continuing to play.

I agree, would be interesting to see the lineup and how the team plays if Jagr is out, I mean, we can't exactly get any lower.
Bruno, I consider you one of the more reasonable posters on this board, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Seriously, can the guy do anything right? The most indispensable player on the team tries to play through an injury and you call him an idiot for it????

My god, talk about a lose-lose situation. Sit out and people call you a *****, play and you're an idiot.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Bruno, I consider you one of the more reasonable posters on this board, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. Seriously, can the guy do anything right? The most indispensable player on the team tries to play through an injury and you call him an idiot for it????

My god, talk about a lose-lose situation. Sit out and people call you a *****, play and you're an idiot.
While that's exactly what I meant, it is far-fetched by a touch and not more. The situation needs to be payed close attention, Jagr, as we see him now, seems to have something wrong with him that he isn't playing like old Jagr, many can argue it's age or anything (which is what I believe) but it very well could be that he has a hided soar spot that won't go away, or a gliding pain.

I fully respect Jagr's toughness but there is some games were you just have to say "better to play and risk it, or better to sit and rest it?" and the more viable choice would have been better to sit and rest it.

I am not bashing Jagr, he does miles of things right that some players on this team couldn't do in practice or by themselves if they wanted to. Jagr will always be one of the greatest in my mind and certainly the best euro forward. But I believe his time has passed as an NHL'er, he likes east-west offensive style hockey with people finding him at open ice, while Gomez finds him brilliantly, Jagr is hassled constantly by the opposing defense.

He simply can't find room to play anymore and can't remain speedy game in and game out when turning 36. Hopefully Jagr picks up his play this season, and can get him a good long happy playoff run or even a SC.

All I can say is at least he's not moping. He certainly is trying, anyone who thinks otherwise is not thinking clearly. Jagr's a happy guy, but he'd be even happier if he were playing better.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Straka is an injury prone player.Look at his games played in the last 6-7 years.He has suffered some major injuries in his career and all of those injuries have taken a toll on his body.Sorry for not explaining my point in full detail.He played with a terrible shoulder last season.Before his first season with the Rangers(the lockout allowed him to rest his body-played hockey in Czech Republic during the lockout),Straka's last full 82 game season was 01-02.
That still doesn't explain why you included getting a concussion because of his age. Straka (to quote another poster) is a beast. In any case, there are plenty of "injury prone" players of any age and I don't think Straka's performance--146 points in 159 regular season games, 10 points in 14 playoff games, plus 8 points in 8 games in the Olympics--since he joined the Rangers qualifies. Each injury has been different and he really hasn't been limited by them when he's on the ice. Not bad for a broken down player in his mid thirties.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 06:33 AM
RANGERS2448

imo Jagr should sit out if he's hurt or even sore we need him 100% id rather not have him for alittle while then have him play half his strenth b/c he's hurt the rest of th year we have guys in our system thank can step into his spot and play well with gomez and straka [they can never be Jags but play well] or another opition is send the old horse to the glue factory

RANGERS2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 07:08 AM
Synergy27

Not that this specific injury has anything to do with it, but after reading about this injury and Nylander's injury I got to thinking. Most people around here seem to think that if the Nylander/Jagr duo had been reunited this year (let's disregard contracts and what not) that the first line and the team as a whole would be much better off. Is anyone starting to think that Jagr's decline has less to do with the absence of Nylander and more to do with his physical breakdown? His reluctance to shoot is maddening; it's not like Gomez isn't getting him the puck in prime areas like Nylander did, so it has to be attributable to something else.

As days go by, Sather's decision is looking better and better in my book, no matter how the team is performing overall (i.e. things might even be worse if Nylander came back!).

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Chris 84

Quote:
I feel that way about many Rangers fans in general, the booing of our own players is totally outrageous. Malik and Poti were hardly going to improve their game when everyone was on their backs as soon as they touched the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Are you referring to me?

I'm probably one of the last people on these boards to single out players for losses, or for the results of the season.

I defend Malik for crying out loud.
If you were being referred to then it is wrong, in my view you make many intelligent posts and though I disagree with some of what you say, you make coherent arguments and don't just talk trash about our players.

Also, I somewhat agree with what you were saying about Jagr. I'm a massive fan of Jagr but when he tried to play through the pain against the Devils (glad though I was to see him in the line-up) he didn't help and only put himself at risk of getting a bad injury. Still, can't really blame him for trying.

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:13 PM
94now

Bruised bone is something Leetch had in his foot for awhile. Bad problem to deal with.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote