HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would be better Doull or an angry unfed Gorilla?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Wpg Jets

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets

I was thinking what would make more sense dressing Doug Doull for 3 mins a game or dressing an angry unfed gorilla? I think the gorilla might put more people in seats at the fleet. Also the gorilla proably wouldn't take as many stupid pen. Also with Mcgillis already in the line up we would at least have a talking monkey to communicate with the gorilla. I don't think we have anyone on the roster that speaks STUPID! to communicate with Doull. This could really be a great idea Jj could have banana fest at the Fleet 1st 1000 kids get bananas to feed out gorilla between periods and for the adults we could invite MaClaren's wife back for some adult banana entertainment. Okay maybe i went a little too far with this post Sorry!

Old
01-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
I was thinking what would make more sense dressing Doug Doull for 3 mins a game or dressing an angry unfed gorilla? I think the gorilla might put more people in seats at the fleet. Also the gorilla proably wouldn't take as many stupid pen. Also with Mcgillis already in the line up we would at least have a talking monkey to communicate with the gorilla. I don't think we have anyone on the roster that speaks STUPID! to communicate with Doull. This could really be a great idea Jj could have banana fest at the Fleet 1st 1000 kids get bananas to feed out gorilla between periods and for the adults we could invite MaClaren's wife back for some adult banana entertainment. Okay maybe i went a little too far with this post Sorry!
I agree with the jist of your post. Doull is a great guy and hustles, but he is not a useful hockey player. I am not sure why you are taking a shot at McGillis, he played one heckuva game tonight IMO and aside from a bad stretch during our slump he has been a pretty good Bruin.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:37 PM
supernova

Quote:
Its a good thing Doull isn't black, doesn't matter, he'd still kick your ass.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
I agree with the jist of your post. Doull is a great guy and hustles, but he is not a useful hockey player. I am not sure why you are taking a shot at McGillis, he played one heckuva game tonight IMO and aside from a bad stretch during our slump he has been a pretty good Bruin.
I agree that Mcgillis did play better and has over the last couple of games I'm just bitter at the lack of heart. And just simple hockey sense of this whole team with the exception of a few.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Its a good thing Doull isn't black, doesn't matter, he'd still kick your ass.
You have taken my post completely out of context. And You foget that Doull played in winnipeg for the moose way before he ever played for the Bruins and he was a thug in the Ahl and Is till a thug and a disgrace to wear the spoked b! he might kick my ass but I can guarentee you 2 things. 1st I would never give up and 2nd that if it was based strictly on hockey skill and sense I and 1/2 the people on this board would make the Bruins ahead of Mr Doull!

Old
01-24-2004, 08:41 PM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
The only thing I really disagree with here is giving the first 1000 kids a banana to feed the gorilla in between periods. If you feed him in between periods the following period he's no longer an angry unfed gorilla, he's just an angry gorilla. Now if we can change that to feed him after the game then I'm all for it. I love Doull's willingness to go with anyone at any time, but if we can get more people in the seats we might be able to get some sort of reaction from the rest of the team.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Doull came to the defense of a teammate, MacDonald. He clearly challenged Horichuk off the faceoff and Hordichuk backed down. It was a penalty, no doubt, but Hordichuk went down like he'd been shot in a gutless display. Doull is simply doing what he has to do to stay in the NHL.
If you're looking to point fingers at guys who don't belong on the team, look no further than garbage like Zamuner, Donato, Corazzini (looks like he's back to normal) and Slegr.
The Mclarens wife comment is totally uncalled for.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:51 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry
Doull came to the defense of a teammate, MacDonald. He clearly challenged Horichuk off the faceoff and Hordichuk backed down. It was a penalty, no doubt, but Hordichuk went down like he'd been shot in a gutless display. Doull is simply doing what he has to do to stay in the NHL.
If you're looking to point fingers at guys who don't belong on the team, look no further than garbage like Zamuner, Donato, Corazzini (looks like he's back to normal) and Slegr.
The Mclarens wife comment is totally uncalled for.
Mac's wife is the only stripper that we all know. Sorry if I offended. Oh and the complete lack of hockey sense of the players you mentionmed hasn't gone unnoticed. withe the exception of Slegr Who i think has played well since arriving. I love players like Axe and CC and knubes but you need to score when given the chance to bury one or we lose games 2-1 to florida.

Old
01-24-2004, 08:58 PM
TheBigBadB

I bet the unfed gorilla can skate better than Murray!! and probably has better hands than Lapointe and Knuble!

Old
01-24-2004, 08:59 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Mac's wife is the only stripper that we all know. Sorry if I offended. Oh and the complete lack of hockey sense of the players you mentionmed hasn't gone unnoticed. withe the exception of Slegr Who i think has played well since arriving. I love players like Axe and CC and knubes but you need to score when given the chance to bury one or we lose games 2-1 to florida.
I'm personally not offended by it, but others might be.
Slegr was ok the first two games, but I'm not impressed at all. It looks like a young guy like Jillson will have to sit so we can play some older hack like Slegr which doesn't seem like a good move to me.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:03 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
I'm personally not offended by it, but others might be.
Slegr was ok the first two games, but I'm not impressed at all. It looks like a young guy like Jillson will have to sit so we can play some older hack like Slegr which doesn't seem like a good move to me.
Oh i totally agree that sitting jillison is a mistake but Slegr does bring something that we need. I know we didn't score on the pp but he's been the best qb back that we have had all year. i would probably rotate between Mo, OD and Mcgillis and jillison who sits until one shows he's more deserving of sitting.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Eat It

Quote:
Doull's put us in a short-handed situation 3 times in 13 games while amassing 80+ PIM. Murray's put us in a short handed situation 3 times tonight alone. But who do you pick out for your **** slinging. Come on man, this thread is BS.

Doull has done what has been asked of him since he joined the organization. It isn't the greatest role on the team, but it is one that management decided we needed and one that no one else was willing to fill. He dosen't have the hockey skills of many but he made it to the NHL on heart alone (something sorely lacking by many of his fellow teammates).

Hordichuck was playing bush league hockey; running players, not answering the chance to settle, then going down like a shot duck on a minor crosscheck.

No team has put in a goal on the B's while Doull has been on the ice, nor on any of the resulting power plays from the 3 situations he's left the team short handed.

You don't like the guy, that's obvious. But at least make a case for yourself rather than resorting to a temper tantrum.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:12 PM
BruinsGirl

Tell me what you want but I disagree with calling Donato "garbage".

IMHO he is a decent 4th liner and PK.

On the other note..I am happy Doug didn't fight Hordichuck.(sp?) He would've been killed.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
Doull's put us in a short-handed situation 3 times in 13 games while amassing 80+ PIM. Murray's put us in a short handed situation 3 times tonight alone. But who do you pick out for your **** slinging. Come on man, this thread is BS.

Doull has done what has been asked of him since he joined the organization. It isn't the greatest role on the team, but it is one that management decided we needed and one that no one else was willing to fill. He dosen't have the hockey skills of many but he made it to the NHL on heart alone (something sorely lacking by many of his fellow teammates).

Hordichuck was playing bush league hockey; running players, not answering the chance to settle, then going down like a shot duck on a minor crosscheck.

No team has put in a goal on the B's while Doull has been on the ice, nor on any of the resulting power plays from the 3 situations he's left the team short handed.

You don't like the guy, that's obvious. But at least make a case for yourself rather than resorting to a temper tantrum.
oaky the pioint of this post was to lighten up the board after a boring loss, but remember that doull has put us short handed 3 times in a grand total of 15 mins of overall playing time. There a lot of loafers on this team but they do bring more hockey sense to the table. you don't get wins in the standings by fighting as joe that this week.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:17 PM
-Andy

Heh. The fourth line is the most fun to watch. I wish they had a third line that checked like that, its a disgrace to call that "the checking line" anymore. Honestly I have more fun watching Doull then watching Samsonov skate in circles for 20 seconds and make a lame pass to a guy that's not looking.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:18 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Gimmie a break...Why is this board so obsessed with telling us Doull fans what a piece of ***** he is? Nobody here that like Doull says he's anything more than a 4th line, 3-4 min a night player who is here only because of the Hordichuks and Boultons of the world....Add in the fact that tonight Doull took a player with him for Cripes sakes...he didn't even make us shorthanded tonight...He did it only twice, and his major vs. Nedved was BS.....

You guys should save your venom for the many Bruins who aren't soing whats advertised.....

Should Sammy2 have sat? He played a crap game vs. Buffalo and showed none of that fire he had in the Rangers game......Why not Zamuner or MacDonald....Why is MacDonald on this team? Even a guy like Zamuner who worked his butt off with this squad should be playing over a waiver wire scrub.

OK, also, Slegr can sit for awhile now....Jillson deserves better....

Old
01-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Eat It

Quote:
oaky the pioint of this post was to lighten up the board after a boring loss, but remember that doull has put us short handed 3 times in a grand total of 15 mins of overall playing time. There a lot of loafers on this team but they do bring more hockey sense to the table. you don't get wins in the standings by fighting as joe that this week.
He's also done it while putting up 80+ total PIM. Hordichuck drew the call by playing like a five year old looking for a nap. I can't blame Doull for looking to fight a guy like Hordickuck, that's been Doull's meal ticket with this organization, and he was looking to do his job. Hordichuck drew the call, whip-de-****ing-doo he get's the pink ribbon tonight. BTW what does, "you don't get wins in the standings by fighting as joe that this week" mean any way?

-WBC- that's right, they didn't go shorthanded on that tonight! I forgot.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andy
Heh. The fourth line is the most fun to watch. I wish they had a third line that checked like that, its a disgrace to call that "the checking line" anymore. Honestly I have more fun watching Doull then watching Samsonov skate in circles for 20 seconds and make a lame pass to a guy that's not looking.
I couldn't agree more! I'm a Sammy fan, but his "act" has gotten more tiresome than my nightly routine of shaving my butt with a dull razor and then squating in a bowl of gin.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:24 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Gimmie a break...Why is this board so obsessed with telling us Doull fans what a piece of ***** he is? Nobody here that like Doull says he's anything more than a 4th line, 3-4 min a night player who is here only because of the Hordichuks and Boultons of the world....Add in the fact that tonight Doull took a player with him for Cripes sakes...he didn't even make us shorthanded tonight...He did it only twice, and his major vs. Nedved was BS.....

You guys should save your venom for the many Bruins who aren't soing whats advertised.....

Should Sammy2 have sat? He played a crap game vs. Buffalo and showed none of that fire he had in the Rangers game......Why not Zamuner or MacDonald....Why is MacDonald on this team? Even a guy like Zamuner who worked his butt off with this squad should be playing over a waiver wire scrub.

OK, also, Slegr can sit for awhile now....Jillson deserves better....
maybe your right maybe i'm fustrated over the lack of accountablity by the Gm and coach on players wgho aren't doing there jobs. As far as I'm concerned Oc can send Craig ack to Old Mcdonald's farm! And why is no one talking about how valuable Axe and rollie are now that we have 3 goals in 2 games with 2 of them coming with the goalie pulled. people who are payed to chip in and don't should be sat or dealt! And Don't rag on me for picking on rolie and axe that goes for Sammy and Muzz and knubes and absolutely for Mcdonals and Zaumner.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat It
He's also done it while putting up 80+ total PIM. Hordichuck drew the call by playing like a five year old looking for a nap. I can't blame Doull for looking to fight a guy like Hordickuck, that's been Doull's meal ticket with this organization, and he was looking to do his job. Hordichuck drew the call, whip-de-****ing-doo he get's the pink ribbon tonight. BTW what does, "you don't get wins in the standings by fighting as joe that this week" mean any way?

-WBC- that's right, they didn't go shorthanded on that tonight! I forgot.
I guess it means i'm fustrated thinking that we have been without joe for 3 games b/c he faught that jello head Lindros. i applaud the fact that he stands up for himself but We could've used aginst buffalo and florida tonight.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
I couldn't agree more! I'm a Sammy fan, but his "act" has gotten more tiresome than my nightly routine of shaving my butt with a dull razor and then squating in a bowl of gin.
that is freakin funny! maybe we should make some of the Bruins do that after losing to times that are at least 18 points behind them!

Old
01-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Mike B.

Quote:
Doull came to the defense of a teammate, MacDonald.
That alone was just stupid. MacDonald got hit. It happens sometimes in hockey. It's not like MacDonald was injured by a cheap shot.

Doull has been with the Bruins for the last 22 games.

In the 13 games he has "played", the Bruins have 12 points.

In the 9 games he missed, the Bruins have 11 points. That includes 2 wins over Detroit, the #1 team in the league.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:49 PM
erfus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.
That alone was just stupid. MacDonald got hit. It happens sometimes in hockey. It's not like MacDonald was injured by a cheap shot.

Doull has been with the Bruins for the last 22 games.

In the 13 games he has "played", the Bruins have 12 points.

In the 9 games he missed, the Bruins have 11 points. That includes 2 wins over Detroit, the #1 team in the league.
Are you seriously insinuating that the reason the Bruins have struggled is a 3-minute a night goon? Griping about 4th liners is a gigantic waste of time.

Old
01-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Wpg Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfus
Are you seriously insinuating that the reason the Bruins have struggled is a 3-minute a night goon? Griping about 4th liners is a gigantic waste of time.
I seriously was just having some fun during a boring game and never thought that it would lead to such a debate.

Old
01-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Mike B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfus
Actually, I'm insinuating that Doull does nothing to help the team win.

Closed Thread