HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

"Fourth line shakeup coming?"

Old
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

vCash: 500
"Fourth line shakeup coming?"

Luke's new blog entry suggests that the 4th line will get some changed in the next few days. Not sure what the validity of this is, but it is definitely one of the things we have to fix. If we are going to run 3 real strong lines, why not run 4, right? anyways, here is the article. Notice once again Luke sounds a little ticked.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

He doesn't really mean shakeup the fourth line as in make it so that we have 4 scoring lines, but make it so that we have a grind line that can actually do just that. Jeff Hamilton is not a 4th line player, plain and simple, and it is stupid to have him there regardless of how wild that powerplay point slapshot may be. I think over the last couple of years this team has forgotten how important those checking players and role players are; but then again, I don't necessarily agree with the three line attack approach anyway, but with the personnel this team has that's the way it's gonna be. Oh, and Trevor Letowski is not a fourth line player either. When you have 8 or 9 players who should be playing on a third line, I don't think sticking the leftovers on the fourth line helps. Some of these guys, like Letowski, who I really like, just flat out need a decent amount of ice time to play at their best. Anyway now I think I'm just rambling, but yes, I would like to see this shakeup. That said, this team needs much more than that to correct its problems.

01-17-2008, 12:10 AM
rgmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan91 View Post
When you have 8 or 9 players who should be playing on a third line, I don't think sticking the leftovers on the fourth line helps.
which is why aucoin is in the minors and we shipped radim vrbata off when he couldn't crack our top 9 - we hit gold with our 4th line in 05/06, but with kevin adams' injuries/suckage the year after our 4th line hasn't been...good. it doesn't help that craig is worthless now, but, yeah. sticking out leftovers on the fourth line is what Lavi's been doing since last year hoping they'd get it done and it hasn't, at all.

if this is the only move, though, I'm gonna **** myself.

rgmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

yeah that last comment there rgmarsh....right on the money...this better not be all...if this even happens....

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote