HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skating Rinks in Philly's suberbia?

Old
02-01-2008, 01:27 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Skating Rinks in Philly's suberbia?

Where is a good place to go for pick-up game around Ambler? I found Hatfield ice rink nearby. Is it a good place? I am going to get job assignment there for extended period and I am looking for the place to play. Please help.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Kevin Danko
Web Design

Not sure where ambler is but being from the Philly Suburbs Delaware side your best bet is Iceline My brother used to go to a goalie camp there, i think they have something like 4 ice rinks and 2 street rinks.

In Delaware there is the Pond which has 2 ice and I think they are building a roller rink

Voorhees (South Jersey) is the Skatezone.

Kevin Danko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
inferno98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Where is a good place to go for pick-up game around Ambler? I found Hatfield ice rink nearby. Is it a good place? I am going to get job assignment there for extended period and I am looking for the place to play. Please help.
Your not to far from many rinks. Hatfield is probably the nicest rink that is close to you. Wissahickon is probably not to far but thats not a great rink. Wintersport, Warwick Ice Arena and Face-Off circle are also not to far from you.

inferno98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
HappyKappy

Hatfield has consitently had excellent Public Hockey on Saturday night's for years. Wissahickon...not so much. Face-Off only has pick-up during the noon-time hours on weekdays, so I really don't know much about it. Hope this helps.

HappyKappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I play at hatfield, It's probably the best rink in the area. Much better than Faceoff. Bethlehem has a nice arena as well.

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Superman33

Send a message via AIM to Superman33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye BlueJacket View Post
I play at hatfield, It's probably the best rink in the area. Much better than Faceoff. Bethlehem has a nice arena as well.
If I remember correctly Hatfield has heated floors in some of the locker rooms, which was freakin sweet. Face of Circle blows, and Warwick isn't too good either, their one rink has like roller hockey boards or glass that pop out easily. Grundy would be a hike but they have a lot of public hockey times and the rinks aren't bad.

Superman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
inferno98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman33 View Post
If I remember correctly Hatfield has heated floors in some of the locker rooms, which was freakin sweet. Face of Circle blows, and Warwick isn't too good either, their one rink has like roller hockey boards or glass that pop out easily. Grundy would be a hike but they have a lot of public hockey times and the rinks aren't bad.
Yes Hatfield does have the heated floors. That is probably the nicest rink around the immeadiate bucks-mont area

inferno98 is offline   Reply With Quote