HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Phoenix Coyotes__01/17/08__9:00PM EST

Old
01-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Inquiring Minds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity View Post
That's cool - Panger is alright with me. I'd like to pick him up, put him in my pocket, and bring him home to dinner.
"Is that a Panger in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Inquiring Minds

Just absolutely amazing.

I was watching the game with my kids, and they are casual fans:
"Oh, that was nice." "Hey, why was that offside?" etc.

Z scores, and they are excited, Sitting up & cheering.

Nasher scores, and we are all out of our seats, jumping around, high-fiving, hooting & hollering. With 18 freaking seconds left!!!!!!

That was something special.

Someone posted here last night they couldn't wait to wake up this morning to make sure they hadn't dreamed that goal. I'm here to tell you, you can't dream up this stuff!

That has got to be one of the best all-time CBJ goals - at least top 3.

I loved watching Danny Gare after the game. He was like a little kid: "Show-it-again, show-it-again."

Old
01-18-2008, 07:52 AM
Imjustabill

Considering all the times the Jackets have lost like that over the years, it is so, so sweet to get one to go our way for once.

All right Jackets - let's take down the Stars on Saturday and keep this momentum going full steam ahead.

Edit: If that goal had been scored at home instead, it would have deserved a 21 cannon salute.

Last edited by Imjustabill: 01-18-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 08:03 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

What happened to Hainsey?

In the third period they mentioned he got hurt???

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 08:06 AM
cbjNash61

I know it's been said before but what a goal, what a player, what a team.....really gets the mouth watering for sure!

I don't care what anyone sez Danny Gare is completely awesome....so a big KAABOOOMSKI.....LOL

Keep playing with heart boys, everything else will fall into place, it has to!

cbjNash61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Inquiring Minds

I'm not sure how to embed it, but here is the YouTube of Nasher's goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTYSsyGgkQ

Old
01-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Hehe I'm a little late, but that goal was freakin sweet!! I had that same old sinking feeling like they were gonna let yet another game go into overtime then lose in another shootout.

But MAN, talk about redeeming yourself! I can't think of the last time I've ever seen a player pull something like that, where they shoot the team in the foot then come right back and beat the other team by themselves with 20 seconds left! WOW!!

And ditto on the Danny Gare comments... He's definitely grown on me

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
motopuck

Send a message via AIM to motopuck
What is wrong with this city? We had a game, a goal and a win like that last night and all you see on the front page of the Dispatch and Dispatch Sports section this morning is OSU football???!!!!??? This city and their addiction to football drives me nuts.

motopuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopuck View Post
What is wrong with this city? We had a game, a goal and a win like that last night and all you see on the front page of the Dispatch and Dispatch Sports section this morning is OSU football???!!!!??? This city and their addiction to football drives me nuts.
In fairness, late games often finish after front page deadlines. Yes, of course, they'd hold for a night game between OSU and USC, for example (or San Diego State for that natter). Still. Not absolving, just explaining.

Love to see all the posts today, moto.

Old
01-18-2008, 03:37 PM
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by motopuck View Post
Portzline said in his blog that due to the deadline he was hardly able to put anything together, there should be a bigger write up on Saturday.

MFRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 03:42 PM
DJAnimosity
the ol knifey moloko

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
Just saw this in Puckrakers...I just have to say, um, ouch.

Quote:
C Jiri Novotny played almost two periods with an exposed nerve in his mouth. He lost a tooth about five minutes into the game when he took a stick in the mouth, but didn't want any work done, even though he had a "nerve dangling down where his tooth used to be," said a fellow player. Novotny practiced this morning, then headed off to a local dentist to get work done. "Hurts," he said.

DJAnimosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 03:48 PM
beba91

Norrena playing tomorrow..Feds banged up will he play tomorrow? Hainsey out for the next two games per puckrackers.

beba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
ca5150

Toughest athletes in any sport

-- C Jiri Novotny played almost two periods with an exposed nerve in his mouth. He lost a tooth about five minutes into the game when he took a stick in the mouth, but didn't want any work done, even though he had a "nerve dangling down where his tooth used to be," said a fellow player. Novotny practiced this morning, then headed off to a local dentist to get work done. "Hurts," he said.

Are you kidding me? I can't imagine how bad that hurt. Any other sport and they would have been out the rest of that game and probably the next one. Even football players don't have the legendary stories of playing with the kind of pain and injuries that hockey players do. Broken bones, pucks to the face and mouth, teeth getting knocked out, black eyes, sticks to the face, crunching hits, stiches, etc. I once saw Bobby Clarke score a goal when a full on slap shot deflected off the side of his head and went in the net and blood started pooring out and he didn't even grab his face, he just raised his stick and celebrated and lined up for the faceoff. Hockey players kick a**!

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:51 AM
motopuck

Send a message via AIM to motopuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
In fairness, late games often finish after front page deadlines. Yes, of course, they'd hold for a night game between OSU and USC, for example (or San Diego State for that natter). Still. Not absolving, just explaining.

Love to see all the posts today, moto.
Thanks for the explaination. After I posted that I started reading all the blogs and saw where Aaron said Saturday would be better or something like that.

BTW, I'm around...don't read the boards too much anymore though unless something I can't resist talking about comes on. I'm so pumped for tomorrow's game. C'mon Jackets!!!

motopuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Ouch, even more reason to like Novotny.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Palinka

Paul Kariya once had the same thing happen real early during a game; he played the rest of the game, scored the OT winner, then went sprinting off the ice and right into the dentist's chair.

I think my favorite is Ed Van Impe, who back in the first year of the Flyers (67-68) took a puck in the mouth and lost all eight front teeth and took 30 stitches in his tongue. This happened at the end of the second period and he was on the ice to start the third.

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
-- C Jiri Novotny played almost two periods with an exposed nerve in his mouth. He lost a tooth about five minutes into the game when he took a stick in the mouth, but didn't want any work done, even though he had a "nerve dangling down where his tooth used to be," said a fellow player. Novotny practiced this morning, then headed off to a local dentist to get work done. "Hurts," he said.

Are you kidding me? I can't imagine how bad that hurt. Any other sport and they would have been out the rest of that game and probably the next one. Even football players don't have the legendary stories of playing with the kind of pain and injuries that hockey players do. Broken bones, pucks to the face and mouth, teeth getting knocked out, black eyes, sticks to the face, crunching hits, stiches, etc. I once saw Bobby Clarke score a goal when a full on slap shot deflected off the side of his head and went in the net and blood started pooring out and he didn't even grab his face, he just raised his stick and celebrated and lined up for the faceoff. Hockey players kick a**!
Espen once had his pallet dislodged in a game and played the next night. These guys are tough as ****.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote