HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The real Balej tonight?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2004, 04:02 PM
guerin

vCash: 500
The real Balej tonight?

Do you think that Balej will play with Ribs and Zed tonight?
if so, can he supplant Dagenais from that line?

Old
01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
TroyM

According to the other thread he is playing with Zed and Ribs and I can't wait to see it. He's going to get some real ice time and it will be MUCH easier to get a gauge on his current talent. Can't wait for the game

Last edited by TroyM: 01-27-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old
01-27-2004, 04:24 PM
oli500

If balej plays on the second line it would give us 2 really fast lines wich would be nice to see. Hopefuly balej gets his first nhl goal tonight, it would be really nice.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Necrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
If balej plays on the second line it would give us 2 really fast lines wich would be nice to see. Hopefuly balej gets his first nhl goal tonight, it would be really nice.
I can't wait!

Claude Julien should try to match Balej (RW) vs. James Patrick (Buffalo LD). Balej's explosive speed would really look awesome next to some of the slow Buffalo D (Patrick is the worst of 'em. At least according to a friend of mine who follows Buffalo). Against a relatively weak Buffalo team, our 2nd line could explode offensively. Especially if you consider Buffalo is coming back home after an exhausting road trip.

With Boulton out of their lineup (injured in fight), expect to see yet another Peters vs Langdon bout.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:39 PM
PJ Wiggum

Send a message via MSN to PJ Wiggum
I was just thinking why not play Balej on the first line tonite with Koivu and Ryder, we saw how well playing with Koivu helped Ryder adjust why not play Balej there too. That way Micheal could go to his natural LW position and play Bulis with Zed and Ribs having Zed go back to his natural RW. Just a thought might be a good experience for Josef.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:46 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerf
I was just thinking why not play Balej on the first line tonite with Koivu and Ryder, we saw how well playing with Koivu helped Ryder adjust why not play Balej there too. That way Micheal could go to his natural LW position and play Bulis with Zed and Ribs having Zed go back to his natural RW. Just a thought might be a good experience for Josef.
Only one rookie per line is a good rule to live by...

Old
01-27-2004, 07:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Whop Whop !

Old
01-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Habsolument

Balej with the puck, he enters Buffalo's zone, dekes Satan, passes by Patrick with his incredible speed, HOOO Balej cuts to the center, SHOOTS....... HIT THE 2 POSTS, the puck goes to the point, Komisarek SHOOTS, AHHH ET LE BUT Ribeiro touched it by mistake with his skate.... What a play by Ribeiro!!!!!!

Old
01-27-2004, 08:32 PM
RaTcine

damn

I'm working tonight, and I totally hate myself.

Old
01-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Breenger

Dags has been very good up to now, he will have to play very well to bump him when he gets back from that rediculous suspension.

Old
01-27-2004, 11:09 PM
tritone

Why Why Why?

Several people have mentioned putting Balej on the first line with Koivu .... I really don't see the logic in disrupting lines....For years Therrien,Vigneault Tremblay and the likes have been juggling lines and every fan was begging for a coach to finally let some guys develop some kind of chemistry and stick with two solid lines.... Alas : Ryder-Koivu-Bulis
Zednik-Ribs-Dags

Doesn't it just make perfect sense to replace Dags with Balej instead of switching around both lines?
Why mess with the first line?
Don't you all think that Balej should at least prove a little bit of what he can do before throwing him on the first line anyway?

Old
01-28-2004, 03:19 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Balej had few good scoring chances tonight , he was showing good hustle out there . I was at work so i didn't saw all the game .

Old
01-28-2004, 04:04 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Wow watching Balej out there makes me think of how much more he brings to the table then Dagenais. He is fast, great hockey sense, strong on the boards and he is no pushover. But I am worried that once Dagenais comes back off suspension that Balej may be sent back down to Hamilton...I really hope that doesn't happen because you could just see his confidence build with every shift. Just imagine what he may start to be able to do when he gets a few games under his belt.

Closed Thread