HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

J.T. Wyman mention in varsity report.

Old
01-17-2008, 10:09 AM
GNick42

vCash: 500
Sounds like he be a better defenseman than winger

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 10:35 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWymanFan View Post
JT has great speed, some say explosive for his size. He is having a great season. The Habs will have him playing in Hamilton next year, but please dont expect BG to have him in the NHL for at least 2 years. We will prpbably sign a Smoke or Kosto next year as.

Montreal prospect JT Wyman..it says how last season Dartmouth was battling injuries on their defense and Wyman accepted his coaches offer to play defense for a while before moving back to his normal position (at RW) in the second half of the season.
This season Wyman (the hockey news says) is now applying what he learned on defense to make life miserable for rival defenders.... Wyman says that *playing defense last year really allowed me to see the ice alot better as a player I was able to recognize I had alot more space out there then what I thought and it also gave me more confidence skating with the puck... Coach Bob Gaudet has also seen a difference saying that *Wyman has realized what defenseman struggle with, and Wymans speed to the outside is very incredible, he can really fly and while playing defense he has learned a few new moves that are going to be tough for defenders to stop....Gaudet also added that JT is a feisty, skilled power forward....
Wyman not only can play defense when need be but he also can play all three forward postitions (including his natural Right Wing Position)
The hockey news also writes that he has gained 35 pounds since his draft day, in his last year of high school he was a finalist for the Mr Hockey award and while in high school he won a medal in a french speaking contest.

A league coach had this to say about Wyman: “Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. He has a tremendous first three strides, has nice hands, and a quick release. He will have to develop his play in the last 100 feet to make himself a more complete player.

He weighs like 217 lbs now. On his 6ft2 frame he WILL be a true power forward.

He is 21 now and in his last year so it GO PRO OR GO HOME for JT.
Wow. Thanks for the update. Imagine Wyman, Lats and MaxPac bulling to the net.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 12:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
How quick is he? When he was drafted he was advertise as a good skater? How is his hockey sense? Does he play a Ryan Smythe style?
He's quick, has good speed and good aceleration which is surprising since he's got a big frame. His hockey sense is good, imo the problem has been his offensive upside as he was a standout offensive player in the USHS and was a runner up to the Mr. Hockey award that both Fischer and McDonagh won. But at the college level his offensive game struggled, he didn't get quality ice time like his two other drafted freshman forwards David Jones (avs) and Nick Johnson (pit) I don't know if moving to LW really had anything to do with his breakout this year as it's not his linemates that are helping his production imo although Johnson is a skilled player, Wyman is creating his own chances for sure. I think he just has the confidence now after breaking out in last years playoffs where he was the teams top player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
crap! your not JTWymanFan for nothing! Thanks for that very promising report. Great read. How cool is this, we possibly have another PF in the system after Tender and Maxpac, but does Wyman hit alot or stand in front of the net or is he more of a perimiter player?
Yea he goes to the net for sure and he will stand in front of the goalie. At the college level he's hard to move as he has a good frame and good strength. It also helps him along the boards and in the corners. He will play physical too but not overly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Sounds like he be a better defenseman than winger
I saw a little of him when he was being used as a defensemen but I don't think he would ever play that position at the pro level. He has a good slap shot so it helps him play the point but I'd be surprised if he made the move to the position with the depth we have at RD.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 03:43 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He's quick, has good speed and good aceleration which is surprising since he's got a big frame. His hockey sense is good, imo the problem has been his offensive upside as he was a standout offensive player in the USHS and was a runner up to the Mr. Hockey award that both Fischer and McDonagh won. But at the college level his offensive game struggled, he didn't get quality ice time like his two other drafted freshman forwards David Jones (avs) and Nick Johnson (pit) I don't know if moving to LW really had anything to do with his breakout this year as it's not his linemates that are helping his production imo although Johnson is a skilled player, Wyman is creating his own chances for sure. I think he just has the confidence now after breaking out in last years playoffs where he was the teams top player.

Yea he goes to the net for sure and he will stand in front of the goalie. At the college level he's hard to move as he has a good frame and good strength. It also helps him along the boards and in the corners. He will play physical too but not overly.

I saw a little of him when he was being used as a defensemen but I don't think he would ever play that position at the pro level. He has a good slap shot so it helps him play the point but I'd be surprised if he made the move to the position with the depth we have at RD.
He was quoted as saying that he liked the experience as a D for the different vision of the game but would not consider changing positions, plus he knows and so do the scouts that he has got some wicked hands, and that would be wasted on D.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 04:19 PM
GNick42

A senior in college he should be tearing it up. He is playing against mostly 18 year olds or other seniors who will play nowhere pro. Not really that excited about him as most.

Old
01-17-2008, 05:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
A senior in college he should be tearing it up. He is playing against mostly 18 year olds or other seniors who will play nowhere pro. Not really that excited about him as most.
Yes a senior should be tearing it up but he's not playing against mostly 18 years. I would say that the ncaa is seeing more 19 year old freshman as more players seem to be going the USHL route before jumping to the NCAA, so he's playing against guys 18-24. As for playing against other seniors who will play nowhere pro, I can't understand what your saying here cause he does play against guys who will play pro.

I don't think people should be too excited about him just yet, lets see what he does at the next level. I think he has a lot of interesting qualities but we'll see how his offensive skills translates at the next level, as he's big, strong, good skater, good speed, solid in his own end, goes to the net, takes the body, so he's got a number of good qualities.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Yes a senior should be tearing it up but he's not playing against mostly 18 years. I would say that the ncaa is seeing more 19 year old freshman as more players seem to be going the USHL route before jumping to the NCAA, so he's playing against guys 18-24. As for playing against other seniors who will play nowhere pro, I can't understand what your saying here cause he does play against guys who will play pro.

I don't think people should be too excited about him just yet, lets see what he does at the next level. I think he has a lot of interesting qualities but we'll see how his offensive skills translates at the next level, as he's big, strong, good skater, good speed, solid in his own end, goes to the net, takes the body, so he's got a number of good qualities.
Not a first. Just for arguement sake, he has no idea who he is.

Everyone will see why I am such a great big fan of his. He will be a power forward to be remembered.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2008, 05:36 PM
GNick42

Quote:

Pro at any high level I should have said

Old
01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
GNick42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWymanFan View Post
Not a first. Just for arguement sake, he has no idea who he is.

Everyone will see why I am such a great big fan of his. He will be a power forward to be remembered.

Many seniors stand out in college only to not do so well in the NHL. A few recent examples would be Junior Lessard or Yan Danis. Ron Hainsey stood on his head the last year of college but did little in AHL. I want to see Wyman in Hamilton before pencilling him in as a future star player

Old
01-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Belso

J.T. Wyman mention in varsity report.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/colum...len/?ID=227624

Nice to read.. I keep hearing more about this player. The Habs are going to be a solid team for years to come if they keep drafting late picks like these..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Le depisteur

Good to have good words on Wyman!!!

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 02:28 PM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

When do you guys think he will be ready for the NHL?

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
When do you guys think he will be ready for the NHL?
I don't know, but he could sign with Bulldogs next year and we will see...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
I don't know, but he could sign with Bulldogs next year and we will see...
Or maybe even after his college season ends this year

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
Or maybe even after his college season ends this year
The Dogs could sure use him!

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Belso

I expect him to play a season in Hamilton.. Depending on how he does, he may play another.. So I don't expect him to play for the Habs before the 2009-2010 season. That's ok though. The Habs have a good young team already. Wyman will just keep it young and strong if he continues the way he is going now..

For arguments sake, imagin the Habs in 4 years with Latendresse and Wyman. 2 power forwards..

Old
01-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I expect him to play a season in Hamilton.. Depending on how he does, he may play another.. So I don't expect him to play for the Habs before the 2009-2010 season. That's ok though. The Habs have a good young team already. Wyman will just keep it young and strong if he continues the way he is going now..

For arguments sake, imagin the Habs in 4 years with Latendresse and Wyman. 2 power forwards..
Don't forget Patches!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Don't forget Patches!
If you mean Max, yes I forgot.. 3 power forwards!!

Old
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
If you mean Max, yes I forgot.. 3 power forwards!!
After years of drafting either small players or big ones who ended up not making any kind of impact, it's good to see this team finally having some size in the pipeline.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWymanFan* View Post
JT has great speed, some say explosive for his size. He is having a great season. The Habs will have him playing in Hamilton next year, but please dont expect BG to have him in the NHL for at least 2 years. We will prpbably sign a Smoke or Kosto next year as.

Montreal prospect JT Wyman..it says how last season Dartmouth was battling injuries on their defense and Wyman accepted his coaches offer to play defense for a while before moving back to his normal position (at RW) in the second half of the season.
This season Wyman (the hockey news says) is now applying what he learned on defense to make life miserable for rival defenders.... Wyman says that *playing defense last year really allowed me to see the ice alot better as a player I was able to recognize I had alot more space out there then what I thought and it also gave me more confidence skating with the puck... Coach Bob Gaudet has also seen a difference saying that *Wyman has realized what defenseman struggle with, and Wymans speed to the outside is very incredible, he can really fly and while playing defense he has learned a few new moves that are going to be tough for defenders to stop....Gaudet also added that JT is a feisty, skilled power forward....
Wyman not only can play defense when need be but he also can play all three forward postitions (including his natural Right Wing Position)
The hockey news also writes that he has gained 35 pounds since his draft day, in his last year of high school he was a finalist for the Mr Hockey award and while in high school he won a medal in a french speaking contest.

A league coach had this to say about Wyman: “Wyman has the ability to single handedly change the game in one shift. He is very explosive and is a pure goal scorer. He has a tremendous first three strides, has nice hands, and a quick release. He will have to develop his play in the last 100 feet to make himself a more complete player.

He weighs like 217 lbs now. On his 6ft2 frame he WILL be a true power forward.

He is 21 now and in his last year so it GO PRO OR GO HOME for JT.
I read the same thing about Pavel Bure one!!

Old
01-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
2 more goals last night

17 GP 13 G 10 A 23 Pts

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
2 more goals last night

17 GP 13 G 10 A 23 Pts
Doesn't mean anything. He didn't make the jump immediately into the NHL after being drafted, he's a bust along with everyone we drafted in the last draft.

Can we just fire Timmins please? He's doing an atrocious job.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Doesn't mean anything. He didn't make the jump immediately into the NHL after being drafted, he's a bust along with everyone we drafted in the last draft.

Can we just fire Timmins please? He's doing an atrocious job.
mmmmmm im going to have to agree

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 01:00 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
mmmmmm im going to have to agree
Finally some ****ing sense on this board!

You're my new favorite poster.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 03:56 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
He's the second coming of Chad Kilger. I say shoot him before he becomes a Leaf.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote