HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo vs. Carolina Jan.25/ 04

View Poll Results: Who's Gonna Win
Buff Win 9 69.23%
Buff Win O.T 1 7.69%
Tie 0 0%
Carolina Win 3 23.08%
Car Win O.T 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Satan81

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Jochen Hecht is one of the most underrated players around.Jamie Storr is still winless Mike Robitaille said in 10 games?
0-8-2

Old
01-25-2004, 09:31 PM
The Jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Jochen Hecht is one of the most underrated players around.Jamie Storr is still winless Mike Robitaille said in 10 games?
Yeah I agree, Hecht is very underrated..was watching the game yesterday against the Flyers, this guy doesn't give up, he's everywhere, it seemed like he got to every loose puck, and that play when he beat Pitkanen to the puck and got a quick shot off was excellent hussle aswell.

Old
01-25-2004, 09:32 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Great game, nice to se the Sabres come from behind and then hold the lead.

Delmore needs to go to the Rangers with the other over-rated, and the over-paid players, he would be a perfect fit

Old
01-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalowing
Hey maybe if Boulton injury is serious, we can put him on IR and call up McMorrow?
How about Mike Ryan? He just got into a fight with Sean McAslan.

I'd rather call up Gaustad, he'd be a perfect fit on that 4th line and though his stats don't look that good this year, he's not going to be a points guy in Buffalo and he's doing the things that he'll need to do to be in the NHL.

Old
01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
I'd rather call up Gaustad, he'd be a perfect fit on that 4th line and though his stats don't look that good this year, he's not going to be a points guy in Buffalo and he's doing the things that he'll need to do to be in the NHL.
Agreed. Gaustad's numbers may have slipped this season in Rochester for any number of reasons. But the fact of the matter is that he'll be a fourth line center on the Sabres and doesn't need to score more than 15 points per season to fill that role effectively. I'm looking forward to Peters--Gaustad--Mair post-CBA.

Old
01-25-2004, 10:34 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
That Jamie Storr is a lovely player.

Good game, guys.

Old
01-26-2004, 05:58 AM
BG43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime
Well first period summary:
-Biron Sucks
Postgame summary:
-MillerTime sucks

J/K

Anyhow.. good game tonight.. It was actually *gulp* exciting..

Hecht is my god.. I pray to this man.. lol..

Biron had 37 saves and was solid. Some of my fave saves from the game include.. the one he fumbled with and somehow stopped.. the one where he slid across the crease and the pad save in the 3rd

Bartovic was a monster. Hell yeah.. good game for him!!

Now............. ON TO MORE VICTORIES. Looking ahead at the schedule.. it is very possible to get a winning streak going.

Old
01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Postgame summary:
-MillerTime sucks

J/K

Anyhow.. good game tonight.. It was actually *gulp* exciting..

Hecht is my god.. I pray to this man.. lol..

Biron had 37 saves and was solid. Some of my fave saves from the game include.. the one he fumbled with and somehow stopped.. the one where he slid across the crease and the pad save in the 3rd

Bartovic was a monster. Hell yeah.. good game for him!!

Now............. ON TO MORE VICTORIES. Looking ahead at the schedule.. it is very possible to get a winning streak going.
dont get your hopes up. this IS the buffalo sabres dont forget.

but if biron keeps on his game, we might swing those results, and 2 wins against NYR would vault us close to a spot.

Old
01-26-2004, 03:39 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

Im not trying to start anything here but these people who are saying Biron is on his game must have not watched the last two games. I think 37 saves was really disceptive in the fact he had a horseshoe up his ass ( losing it behind the net, flopping in front when Francis had the puck) , then you look at the Bruins game when those 2 goals where just ridiculous.

Im as happy as the next fan that we are winning a couple games but please dont give Biron the credit for the win...pretty much all Carolina's shots were from the outside and easy saves. I couldnt even believe Carolina had that many shots after the game. Its like sometimes the guy gives up focus and is just not paying attention.

Mika should be and will be the number 1 as he has been playing his ass off and hopefully the team starts fininding the offense when he is between the pipes.

Old
01-26-2004, 04:05 PM
MLH

Quote:
Im not trying to start anything here but these people who are saying Biron is on his game must have not watched the last two games. I think 37 saves was really disceptive in the fact he had a horseshoe up his ass ( losing it behind the net, flopping in front when Francis had the puck) , then you look at the Bruins game when those 2 goals where just ridiculous.

Im as happy as the next fan that we are winning a couple games but please dont give Biron the credit for the win...pretty much all Carolina's shots were from the outside and easy saves. I couldnt even believe Carolina had that many shots after the game. Its like sometimes the guy gives up focus and is just not paying attention.

Mika should be and will be the number 1 as he has been playing his ass off and hopefully the team starts fininding the offense when he is between the pipes.
Apparently you watched a different game then me, some other fans here, whoever gives out the 3 stars in Raleigh, Ruff, the other Sabres, Mike Robataille, and Josh Mora. What was the final score of your version?

Old
01-26-2004, 04:27 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:

It doesn't matter what kind of goals he lets in. As long as he stops enough pucks to get the win, that's all that counts. Biron has been the one winning lately (3-1-1 in last 5) so he should definitely be in net against Montreal and if the Sabres get points in that game, he should be in net against New York on Friday as well. Play the hot goalie!

Old
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime

I think they should play Biron against Montreal as he usually plays very well against them. Im just saying the team bailed him out big time yesterday as he could have very easily lost it for us in both games. He looked very unfocused. Play him becuase we are winning but I think it is the team that has been winning not Biron winning them for us. I always just feel very nervous all the time when Marty is in the net.

Just my opinion

Last edited by CelticSabre: 01-26-2004 at 07:43 PM.
Old
01-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Fan-of-#9

I agree with Miller Time that Biron looks extremely shaky and constantly lets up softies.

One thing to remember though is that Biron is 1 game above .500. I find it amazing but it's true. Even with a poorer SV% and a GAA that doesn't even come close to Mika's he's the guy who is winning . Biron is Mr. Second Half so I say that we play him until he starts losing games for us.

Old
01-26-2004, 06:51 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:

I agree, everyone is forgetting that we faced a terrible backup goaltender!!! We were down 2-0 because of bad goaltending by biron, first goal he flops around like a beached whale, and second goal he doesnt even challenge the shooter he just keeps backing up into the net like he's tryiung to hide. Biron then almost gives the puck away on one of his strolls he goes on every game he plays and frankly im sick of it, hed be 50% better if he would never touch and play the puck. we are just lucky that we faced a terrible back up yesterday otherwise we would have not tied it up. I agree Mika has proven to me with his quickness, the saves he makes and the concentration he has that he is no doubt the starter for this team, biron more than wore out his welcome in buffalo.

Old
01-26-2004, 08:16 PM
TheGreatOne99

Send a message via AIM to TheGreatOne99 Send a message via Yahoo to TheGreatOne99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres22
boulton is really a waste isnt he, i dont understand why we scratch peters for him. this iunjury could be a good thing though...
I think Peters was scratched lat night beacause Ruff wanted to get a faster lineup in against Carolina IMO. I think Boulton's speed and the fact that he can finish checks is something this team dearly needs, wheras I have watched in many instances where Peters was a step or two late to get to the player.

Old
01-27-2004, 12:05 AM
SabresRule

Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov71
You called that one. I can't believe they continue to play this guy.
he at least looked like he had SOME skill previously. it's all gone now.

Old
01-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Les Ouragans

Quote:
Well first period summary:

-Got chances cant score
-Biron Sucks
-Carolina's building looks to have about 10 people in it
-Jamie Storr looks shaky hopefully we can capitalize in 2nd
-Mair cranked Francis and is playing with some heart
-That useless waste of a roster spot Boulton is out with an injury

conclusion: Typical Sabres Hockey
Good come-from-behinder for you guys. Since we're getting hyper-sensitive about our attendance, I feel compelled to point out the announced crowd was 17,596 in a snowstorm - which for here is a big deal. The true attendance was about 11,000. Attendance has been getting a little better recently. Granted it was a late-arriving crowd and much of it was in the rafters in the cheap seats. Military Appreciation Day - I figure the early fights were for their benefit.

Old
01-28-2004, 07:55 PM
MLH

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneflyer
Good come-from-behinder for you guys. Since we're getting hyper-sensitive about our attendance, I feel compelled to point out the announced crowd was 17,596 in a snowstorm - which for here is a big deal. The true attendance was about 11,000. Attendance has been getting a little better recently. Granted it was a late-arriving crowd and much of it was in the rafters in the cheap seats. Military Appreciation Day - I figure the early fights were for their benefit.
Actually that was a typo. The announced attendance was 7,596 while the actual attendance was about 5,000.

Closed Thread