HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston Globe and Boston Herald articles for 1/25/04

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2004, 11:59 AM
  #1
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Boston Globe and Boston Herald articles for 1/25/04

NHL Notes: Baby B's goalie looks promising

B's dig an early hole, fall flat vs. Panthers: Penalties sink golden chance for a victory

Bruins notebook: Thornton hits ice with changed look

Luongo comes up big: Florida goalie pads his stats

Box seats costly

Youngsters take a star turn: Raycroft, Bergeron providing a spark

Pro hockey notes: He doesn't feel burned by fire

Bruins notebook: About face: Thornton remains out of lineup

__________________
I am nobody. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, I am perfect!

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
HockeyGoddess is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 12:46 PM
  #2
EspOrrsito
edumacated
 
EspOrrsito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,166
vCash: 500
Thanks for the links!
All this Internet news access is great, many many years ago I used to get my Bruins info by reading the Hockey News which always had news that was at least 1 to 2 weeks old, and maybe by taking a long bus ride to the seedy part of downtown Vancouver to a newspaper store which carried newspapers from other cities and countries including the Boston Globe, even though the newest issues they had were often at least a week old I would buy a few and read every word about the Bruins.

EspOrrsito is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 01:57 PM
  #3
Duguay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 545
vCash: 500
Great Point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspOrrsito
Thanks for the links!
All this Internet news access is great, many many years ago I used to get my Bruins info by reading the Hockey News which always had news that was at least 1 to 2 weeks old, and maybe by taking a long bus ride to the seedy part of downtown Vancouver to a newspaper store which carried newspapers from other cities and countries including the Boston Globe, even though the newest issues they had were often at least a week old I would buy a few and read every word about the Bruins.
We sure have come a long way in a few short years.

I too relied heavily on the "Hockey News" my whole life for belated scraps of information. Here in Toronto, we'd maybe see 8-10 Bruin games a season on TV if you were lucky, and you wouldn't dare miss. Otherwise, you'd have to read the summaries in the paper to even try and figure out who was in the lineup any given night. When I was really young, I would try to tune into WBZ in bed, and on the odd clear night I could hear Cusick and Wilson talk about my heroes, and that would absolutely thrill me.

I remember 15 years ago when I lived in Dublin, Ireland; I too would take "the Dart" from the suburbs into town (30 mins each way), so that I could get a Globe & Mail, or Boston Globe - and read about whether they were winning or not, and what place in the standings they were in. Just missing home really.

When the advent of Sports Radio first came in about 10 years ago, I can remember feeling like I'd struck it rich. if Harry Sinden or a Boston Writer were on talking about the B's it was a gold mine. I'd literally sit in my driveway for a half hour waiting for the interview that was tee'd up.

These days, wow! What can you say. With the dish I can watch any game I like, I can listen to WBZ clear as a bell on the internet, and I can chat with you cats anytime I like (in virtual real time).

Now, the Hockey News info comes in and it's stuff I've known for weeks.

In a way, I miss the way it was, because it made it so special, but on the other hand - I could never go back.

Duguay is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 03:49 PM
  #4
Z_Everson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Z_Everson
Thanks for all the links.

You folks know, if you go to Google news, you can set it up so that a link to every article in the news that mentions "Boston Bruins" is e-mailed to you.

Z_Everson is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 04:00 PM
  #5
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Everson
Thanks for all the links.

You folks know, if you go to Google news, you can set it up so that a link to every article in the news that mentions "Boston Bruins" is e-mailed to you.
Hmmm... didn't know that! Thanks for the info! My inbox will now be flooded with articles.

HockeyGoddess is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 04:43 PM
  #6
Z_Everson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 53
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Z_Everson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Hmmm... didn't know that! Thanks for the info! My inbox will now be flooded with articles.
You're welcome. Did you sign up? I'm curious as to how many articles you got (I know of the service, but have never actually used it). Does it send them in digest mode? Do you get the whole article or just a link? Thanks.

Z_Everson is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 05:35 PM
  #7
HockeyGoddess
 
HockeyGoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 7,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Everson
You're welcome. Did you sign up? I'm curious as to how many articles you got (I know of the service, but have never actually used it). Does it send them in digest mode? Do you get the whole article or just a link? Thanks.
I did sign up for a few different things... It's just a bunch of links with the headline and one or two lines (if that) of each article. For "Boston Bruins", I think I got something like 15 articles for yesterday. Haven't seen any for today yet.

HockeyGoddess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.