HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh open to the public?

Old
01-18-2008, 09:16 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

vCash: 500
Is the MSG Training Center in Greenburgh open to the public?

I remember seeing the Rangers practice at Playland when I was too young to really take it in. I was thinking about how cool it would be to sit in on some more practices now that I'm older and possibly even snag some autographs as the players are leaving. Does anyone know if the practices are open to fans or am I gonna have to Mission Impossible my way into the parking lot and wait by Shanny's car (parked inside the lines ) to get my jersey signed?

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
No, I don't believe that it is.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:44 AM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
I remember seeing the Rangers practice at Playland when I was too young to really take it in. I was thinking about how cool it would be to sit in on some more practices now that I'm older and possibly even snag some autographs as the players are leaving. Does anyone know if the practices are open to fans or am I gonna have to Mission Impossible my way into the parking lot and wait by Shanny's car (parked inside the lines ) to get my jersey signed?
Mission impossible yourself by Shanny's Car and you'll have Avery yapping and checking your face! (Plus a couple of security guards)

Hmmm.... I think the training facility is only reserved for media unfortunately. Unless you have got some personal connections, it's hard to go to their training camp facility. You can try to become a journalist , which is a good career. I'd be so happy to be a journalist rather than a freeking scientist which I'm training to be. All those rangers games for free.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 12:52 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo23 View Post
The new MSG training facilty is completely isolated from the fans. It's a shame cause we had great times at Rye playland watching the Rangers practice and talking to them after. Oh well. That's what MSG wants now.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 09:12 AM
92hatchattack

Yea, its not open to the public. Last ytear I was one of the first 75 people to buy tickets online, and was contacted by a representative of the NYR, and invited to actualy go to the training facility, skate on their ice, and then watch a practice. It was really cool, and their ice was like glass! It was fun as you get to watch with your face pressed up the glass, and some of the player came over and interacted with my then 2 year old son. Thgere we refreshments and we left with goodie bags filled with a hat, shirt, and autographed puck with letter of authenticity. And all of this was completly free.

Does anyone know if they did this this year?

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post

Does anyone know if they did this this year?
Negative. Unfortunately, the replaced it with the STH special packages. I believe the open practice was sponsored by AMEX. But it appears that AMEX has moved their focus from the open skate, to sponsoring a portion of the STH gifts/events (e.g. the signed Graves/Gilbert stick blade)

01-19-2008, 09:51 AM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Meh, that's a bummer.
Of course, I guess it's better for the players if they can practice without distraction.
Though I know all of the Caps' practices are open, they even have their practice/morning skate schedule on their website. If I were a Caps fan I'd probably be there all the time...

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 10:19 AM
nyrmetros

A lot of the Flyers practices are open as well. The players claim they prefer the open practices so they can be with the fans instead of complete isolation.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote