HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Garden Crowd

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2008, 05:54 PM
  #1
Halenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Garden Crowd

I couldn't help but notice during last nights game, that the crowd is just as inconsistant as the Rangers and were really just plain out awful....

I'm getting a little tired of how fake the fans are at the Garden with what the Rangers are doing on the ice. Yes... they're not playing "up to par"... however, bring some positiveness to the team and maybe, just maybe they'll respond with some positive outcomes.

I get just as uptight as the majority on this board when players like Malik get the puck... but I'm sick of using him or any other one player as an escape goat for our failure(s). I appreciate the posters here that remind us not to hit "the sky is falling" button... WE ARE FANS... we need to support these guys...

I've also noticed a lot of posts lately mezmorized by the fact that everyone in a slump on the other team breaks that slump when they play us (for the sake of this post, the slump being broken at MSG), can it possibly be that the other team/player gains the confidence knowing they can take the crowd out of the game by making one Ranger look bad and the Garden chants the boos??

I don't know if it's the MSG network turning down the arena's mics, but they're were so many times during the game last night, it was SO quite I can hear Hollweg and Betts asthma...

Before people start attacking me, no, I do not go to games regularly... of course I'd like to go more... but the fans need to stop demanding everyone's head on a plate when they don't score on every shift. We're being so uptight we're making the players paranoid to make a mistake... in turn they're second guessing themselves...


To conclude... I have to say this is the first time in a LONG time that this team atleast TRIES, and even tries different things... changing players on lines... scratching players (even ones with hefty contracts)... play defensively instead of HAVING to score 6 or more goals a game.... I know post lockout year set the standard for what Jagrs team can/should do.... but that doesn't mean we're supposed to by ten times better by now winning every game by 3 goals (this isn't EA Sports NHL 96).

Forgive me if my rambling thoughts are quite random... LONG day at work and already boozing it up...

Halenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 05:58 PM
  #2
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
..........

I get just as uptight as the majority on this board when players like Malik get the puck... but I'm sick of using him or any other one player as an escape goat for our failure(s). I appreciate the posters here that remind us not to hit "the sky is falling" button... WE ARE FANS... we need to support these guys...

.....
It's actually Scapegoat

I see this ALOT on the internet these days, just saying.....

The Hollweg & Betts asthma joke was funny, no offense asthmatics

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
  #3
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
There's only so much..

'positiveness' one can give. The crowd starts off pretty good. Then when they have nothing to cheer about, they don't cheer. Then the Rangers tease them into a frenzy again and they get excited again. Then they leave disappointed having paid from $30-a few thousand dollars for the night instead of being paid for the night (like the guys on the ice on on the bench). Give them something to cheer about. The fans are paying them to pay, not the other way around.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:02 PM
  #4
dkatzism
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I understand the points the OP is trying to make, but I don't think this thread is going to end well. The time to address issues in the audience is not when the team is in a free fall.

  Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
  #5
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
An ESCAPE GOAT sounds more entertaining. You can blindfold and handcuff him. Then put him in a water tank and see if he can get out.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:04 PM
  #6
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
I couldn't help but notice during last nights game, that the crowd is just as inconsistant as the Rangers and were really just plain out awful....

I'm getting a little tired of how fake the fans are at the Garden with what the Rangers are doing on the ice. Yes... they're not playing "up to par"... however, bring some positiveness to the team and maybe, just maybe they'll respond with some positive outcomes.

I get just as uptight as the majority on this board when players like Malik get the puck... but I'm sick of using him or any other one player as an escape goat for our failure(s). I appreciate the posters here that remind us not to hit "the sky is falling" button... WE ARE FANS... we need to support these guys...

I've also noticed a lot of posts lately mezmorized by the fact that everyone in a slump on the other team breaks that slump when they play us (for the sake of this post, the slump being broken at MSG), can it possibly be that the other team/player gains the confidence knowing they can take the crowd out of the game by making one Ranger look bad and the Garden chants the boos??

I don't know if it's the MSG network turning down the arena's mics, but they're were so many times during the game last night, it was SO quite I can hear Hollweg and Betts asthma...

Before people start attacking me, no, I do not go to games regularly... of course I'd like to go more... but the fans need to stop demanding everyone's head on a plate when they don't score on every shift. We're being so uptight we're making the players paranoid to make a mistake... in turn they're second guessing themselves...


To conclude... I have to say this is the first time in a LONG time that this team atleast TRIES, and even tries different things... changing players on lines... scratching players (even ones with hefty contracts)... play defensively instead of HAVING to score 6 or more goals a game.... I know post lockout year set the standard for what Jagrs team can/should do.... but that doesn't mean we're supposed to by ten times better by now winning every game by 3 goals (this isn't EA Sports NHL 96).

Forgive me if my rambling thoughts are quite random... LONG day at work and already boozing it up...
First of all, I dont think Garden fans are 'fake'. In fact, they are probably some of the most knowlegable hockey fans around. Of course, you get the occaisional drunk idiot who has no idea what hes talking about, but the bottom line is that we care alot more than other teams fans and we want our team to win. Its very fustrating with the results weve gotten this year after what looked as a very promising off season.

MSG turns the mics way down, to answer your question. If you go to a game, its certanly not silent unless its 5-0 where it would be that way in any arena. Garden fans are very passionate about our team, and it certainly shows when we play well. The opening night comeback was insanley loud and the fans were amazing.

One thing about Garden fans that needs to change, however, is that we feed off of what our team does, not the other way around. The garden needs to give energy to the players, which is often not the case. But then again, how can anyone be excited about what is going on latley?

__________________
2013-2014 Eastern Conference Champions!!
NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:06 PM
  #7
Halenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Bluenote.... that was the beers misspelling...

Fletch... and others... I don't mean to make this thread a "the fans are the reason why we loose," and I understand completely what you're saying... it's just frustrating having the feeling the majority at the garden aren't as fans as at other arenas. To many business oriented people go to the games that just won't the break-away goals, the 10-2 wins... etc...

On TV... it just seems the place is dead... yes when something great happens it comes alive... but for the most part it was shocking how good the Rangers were playing in the second half and still how quite it was...

Is it just me??

Halenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:09 PM
  #8
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
Bluenote.... that was the beers misspelling...

Fletch... and others... I don't mean to make this thread a "the fans are the reason why we loose," and I understand completely what you're saying... it's just frustrating having the feeling the majority at the garden aren't as fans as at other arenas. To many business oriented people go to the games that just won't the break-away goals, the 10-2 wins... etc...

On TV... it just seems the place is dead... yes when something great happens it comes alive... but for the most part it was shocking how good the Rangers were playing in the second half and still how quite it was...

Is it just me??
What exactly do you mean?

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:13 PM
  #9
Halenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
to many business people... DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying Ranger fans are fake... you can say I'm fake for the fact I watch all but maybe one or two games at home...

man you guys type fast.

Halenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:14 PM
  #10
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:27 PM
  #11
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I agree with the OP. Good post. Rangers fans get on my nerves with the Malik thing, and yelling SHOOT!! every time someone has the puck in the offensive zone. How do people think that stuff helps the team.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:29 PM
  #12
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15
 
NyRangers88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,421
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
to many business people... DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying Ranger fans are fake... you can say I'm fake for the fact I watch all but maybe one or two games at home...

man you guys type fast.
Well thats not true (at least where I sit in 314) the businness people sit in the lower bowl cause they have alot of money and those seats costs like 300 a peice face value, but for the normal peasents like me in 300's and 400's we are as loud as they come, certainly louder than most arenas and I have been to 5 other areans other than MSG. A

And your not a fake fan for not going to games, but its not fair to say MSG crowd fans are fake beause clearly you have never been there yourself to experince how alive the garden can really come

And yes I do agree yelling at Malik is pointless and wont help anything, those are the druken idiots I was referring to in my earlier post

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 06:38 PM
  #13
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,564
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Post of the year.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:12 PM
  #14
RothmanHockey
Registered User
 
RothmanHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Port Chester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,674
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I was there last night, the place got pretty dead when it was 4-1, but there were still the occasional LETS GO RANGERS chants. Early in the game it was buzzing, and the entire third period, the place was absolutely awesome.

MSG Network turns the crowd mics wayyy down; it was really very good in there last night.

RothmanHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
  #15
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
MSG Network turns the crowd mics wayyy down; it was really very good in there last night.
This is so true. When VS does a game at MSG there have more crowd mics and its far louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
Forgive me if my rambling thoughts are quite random... LONG day at work and already boozing it up...
If you started your thread with this, the whole thing would have made a lot more sense

__________________
Fantasy sports betting at FakePuppy - Pick moneylines, over/unders and spreads. Totally free.
abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM
  #16
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
If I ever get to go to a game this year, I'll let you know...




Surely the Garden is awesome, and loud. I'd be willing to help fluently if I were able to go...


Maybe at the end of the month I will be able to.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:23 PM
  #17
NYRSinceBirth
Registered User
 
NYRSinceBirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
What is this, your first game at the Garden? The fans are always quick to rip on someone that doesn't perform, and they're quick to explode when the game gets good. The players know this coming here, I know this because they always talk about the Garden crowd in interviews. I didn't read your whole post, but from what I've read, the Garden seems new to you? Is it?

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:26 PM
  #18
NYRSinceBirth
Registered User
 
NYRSinceBirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halenger View Post
I don't know if it's the MSG network turning down the arena's mics, but they're were so many times during the game last night, it was SO quite I can hear Hollweg and Betts asthma...
Haha, just caught that, I told you guys they were on the ice too much

I was at the game last night, and there were some lulls, but not for long. The 3rd period was VERY loud.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 07:30 PM
  #19
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,350
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I have always been a pretty picky guy when it comes to audio and crowd noise and in general the MSG crowd.

MSG Network audio is bad. Worse than any FSN I have watched and Versus/ESPN etc. It's terrible.

In my opinion the most PATHETIC part of the MSG crowd is that the seats are not full until the second period, mainly I'm talking to you people in the 100s. Because they sell so many lower level seats to people who would rather eat 1/3 of their ticket and watch in the clubhouse or a bar while eating lobster, which is fine after a long day at work, the Rangers need to go back to 7:30pm start times.

As for the crowd in general, you should be able to hear a pin drop when the score is 4-1 to the Tampa Bay Lightning and we look dead. Take note that if this team puts together a rare couple of hits in a row the crowd gets going and chants start up. That didn't happen until the third period. When Henrik makes an above average save we're chanting his name, which happened once yesterday. Guys, it doesn't take much to get the crowd going, but you can't expect the crowd to be in it when the team looks like they're giving as much effort as a horse taking a **** when they're down 4-1 to a horrible team.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
  #20
Tomas Sandstrom 28
Registered User
 
Tomas Sandstrom 28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
"oh no its the Cops! Quick everyone onto your escape goat!"

Tomas Sandstrom 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
  #21
King Henrik
Registered User
 
King Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Dude.. this must have been your 1st game..

Rangers fans are the best.. of course im being bias...

Get urself a ticket to Leetch Night.. it will be a full RANGERS fan crowd...


When I go during the week.. which has been 6 times this year... it's always a great time.. esp in the stands...

I love the Garden.. Rangers fans make it happen..

Im getting sick of the whole MSG broadcast.. replays cutoff live game action...

And even on my standard definition tv.. the versus broadcasts.. are louder and so much more brighter and clearer.. MSG horrible..

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:28 PM
  #22
mikesect424
Registered User
 
mikesect424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Long Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
The third period last night, was one of the loudest periods in recent memory.

mikesect424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 08:57 PM
  #23
nyrangers14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
i was at the game last night as well and the only time where it was dead quiet was probably when they gave roy the 10 minute misconduct because no1 in the crowd really knew what was going on and there was about a 5 second silence until the refs mic came on and said there was a penalty on the lightning..
the crowd was very much alive in that 3rd period you could feel the energy in the building which was killed after that failed 5on3

nyrangers14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:13 PM
  #24
BlairBettsBlocks
 
BlairBettsBlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manhattan,NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
i was sitting next to 2 guys who were talking about the company they work for and their revenues and yada yada yada. they got more excited for the little rangers then anypoint in the real game, then telling other people they werent real fans because they got off their seats with a minute to go

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
  #25
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesect424 View Post
The third period last night, was one of the loudest periods in recent memory.
Definitely, until they choked away 1:24 of 5 on 3 powerplay time.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.