HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Nashville Flying Elvises @ Blues 1/19/08

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2008, 10:49 AM
  #1
Wabs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Is Legace starting today versus the preds?

let me know
thanks

Wabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 11:06 AM
  #2
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabs View Post
let me know
thanks
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...0?OpenDocument


It's too early to have a "for sure" answer, but Legace is ok after the collision and insists that he will play today. Given how Hannu and Schwarz have played recently and the fact the Blues are fighting for their playoff lives, I think it's safe to assume Murray will put LEgace on the ice.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:17 PM
  #3
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
GDT: Nashville Flying Elvises @ Blues 1/19/08

Stempy Walt Backes
Kariya Mac Boyes
Perron McClem. Glumac
Mayers RJ Hinote

Brew Sal
McKee EJ
Walker Jacks

Manny
Toiv.

No Hord. or Tootoo so Kinger sits.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:19 PM
  #4
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Great deflection by Sal!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:26 PM
  #5
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Andy Mac!!!! WOOO

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:39 PM
  #6
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Damn Manny...you gotta stop that. The little bob down cost him.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:09 PM
  #7
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Nice hit on Gelinas by Glumac!

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:13 PM
  #8
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Manny's off. He didn't hug the post on the 2nd goal and he completely missed his angle on the 3rd one.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:15 PM
  #9
crackout
Registered User
 
crackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
Was the third a shorthanded goal? Things aren't happening tonight, 3 goals on about 10 shots

Need a quick response.

crackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:25 PM
  #10
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Yep shorthanded



YEAH McKee what a hit!!!


It time to take Manny out....he really just looks off of his game.


Last edited by Celtic Note: 01-19-2008 at 02:32 PM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:31 PM
  #11
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Ugh... Manny gets beat 5-hole. Hannu time.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:33 PM
  #12
crackout
Registered User
 
crackout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 340
vCash: 500
4 goals on 15 shots. Just one of those days for Manny.

A little late for Hannu, think this game is past us now. Hopefully I'm wrong!

crackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:51 PM
  #13
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Standings
Actually after this game is over that won't mean anything...damn it.

Manny really killed us today, thats about the first time we can say that...very uncharacteristic of him. Hopefully he can get better soon and regain focus, cause he is the man.

P.S. I smell trolls around here. Anyone else care to chime in?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:52 PM
  #14
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Actually after this game is over that won't mean anything...damn it.

Manny really killed us today, thats about the first time we can say that...very uncharacteristic of him. Hopefully he can get better soon and regain focus, cause he is the man.

P.S. I smell trolls around here. Anyone else care to chime in?
2 games in hand...it's not like they're passing us

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
  #15
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
2 games in hand...it's not like they're passing us
Ahh..very true!

Now if we could just cleanup the trash around here!

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:59 PM
  #16
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
Not as nice as the way McKee welcomed Peverley.
Man I got a tingling sensation when I saw that!

May be Backes is starting to rub off on everyone! Perron, Andy Mac and KT all have been hitting more too.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:01 PM
  #17
Checker*
 
Checker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Backes is the effin man

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
  #18
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
Lately Backes' game has been just short of great in my eyes. He is hitting, skating really well, which has been his problem in the past, putting shots on, making creative plays, which is one of the reasons I always thought could be more than just a power forward, and forechecking well. His D game still needs a bit of work but thats about all. Lets hope he continues to gain confidence cause he was laking it earlier on.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
  #19
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,629
vCash: 500
PK sweet moves. Way to finish Boyes!

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:35 PM
  #20
StLooFrenchy
Registered User
 
StLooFrenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Country: France
Posts: 1,626
vCash: 500
Jeebus! Ryan Johnson couldn't finish taking a dump.


Last edited by StLooFrenchy: 01-19-2008 at 04:31 PM.
StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 03:37 PM
  #21
General Veers
Registered User
 
General Veers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Game over, I'm gonna go wash my eyeballs...
At least we'll have a chance to get them back on Monday.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
  #22
SneakerPimp82
Registered User
 
SneakerPimp82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
To all of those who thought this team is a playoff team, remember this game. Have some patience with the young goaltending. The core talent on this team still has to develop and achieve consistency(Boyes, Stempniak, Oshie, Berglund, goalie). This is year 2 of the rebuild, and the first full year under the current coach. The playoffs would be nice, but keep the aforementioned points in mind.

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
  #23
BluesDarb
Registered User
 
BluesDarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
To all of those who thought this team is a playoff team, remember this game. Have some patience with the young goaltending. The core talent on this team still has to develop and achieve consistency(Boyes, Stempniak, Oshie, Berglund, goalie). This is year 2 of the rebuild, and the first full year under the current coach. The playoffs would be nice, but keep the aforementioned points in mind.
This team will still make the playoffs as long as Manny stays his all-star calibre self and not whatever he had going on today.

That said, outside of a possible suckerpunch to the Wings(longshot!) they aren't going to do anything.

Though I'd consider the year a success if we derailed the Wings from the 8th seed.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:46 AM
  #24
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,159
vCash: 500
A few game observations...

Players I thought played very well
Andy Mac - Had a presence the entire game.
Backes
Hinote - Heard his name a lot getting in the mix.
Brewer - played a very strong transitional game. Passed the puck more.

Players I thought played poorly
Legace - He was overdue for a stinker. No one plays that good that long.
Salvador - see Legace
McClement - I don't understand his thought process in the offensive zone.
Walker - I think he should have went after the dude that pounded Glumac just to let him know that Glumac can keep playing his game. He has his back. I fail to see a use for Walker, if he keeps his gloves on. If he plays an average game for his skill level, then he doesn't belong in the NHL. He has to overachieve and bring something more to the table or I would rather see someone from Peoria. Just my opinion. After the Hawks game, I don't understand why Backman was kept out of the line up. Outside of Brewer and EJ, we had no transition game.
Mayers - He has played better than he did yesterday. He was a non factor.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 07:33 AM
  #25
St.Louis sports fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 631
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
A few game observations...

Players I thought played very well
Andy Mac - Had a presence the entire game.
Backes
Hinote - Heard his name a lot getting in the mix.
Brewer - played a very strong transitional game. Passed the puck more.

Players I thought played poorly
Legace - He was overdue for a stinker. No one plays that good that long.
Salvador - see Legace
McClement - I don't understand his thought process in the offensive zone.
Walker - I think he should have went after the dude that pounded Glumac just to let him know that Glumac can keep playing his game. He has his back. I fail to see a use for Walker, if he keeps his gloves on. If he plays an average game for his skill level, then he doesn't belong in the NHL. He has to overachieve and bring something more to the table or I would rather see someone from Peoria. Just my opinion. After the Hawks game, I don't understand why Backman was kept out of the line up. Outside of Brewer and EJ, we had no transition game.
Mayers - He has played better than he did yesterday. He was a non factor.
I'd have to ad Tkachuk to your played poorly list. He was set up a few times infront of the net, but failed to beat Mason. The team needs him right now more than ever. He did give a half-hearted effort in finishing his checks, but it was more of a bump than a hit. Besides Manny, Tkachuk may be the most important player on this team that needs secondary scoring.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.