HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade lundqvist ??????

Old
01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
NYR425

vCash: 500
Trade lundqvist ??????

Before you all go nuts, this is a question. Would it be in our best interest to move Hank and some others at the deadline and free up big bucks. We are not a Cup contender now as constructed, and have no cap room. Say we can move Hank to Boston for Kessel, Stuart, Hamil, Rask and a #1. Stuart gives us a physical dman, and Kessel and Hamil some O, Rask another Goaltending prospect. Then we look to move Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosie, Leak and Mara. We could maybe send Rosie to Chicago for Skille, then Shanny to San Jose for Couture. Jagr to St.Louis for Burglund and Hjalmarsson. Just a thought but I think it has to be considered. Don't know who would want these players even, but would like to know what you think. The goal is to
build a team that will be a cup contender for a decade or more. Just think Hank will cost so much against the cap, and I believe Montoya is the real deal also. Since he is cheaper for a few years we should give it a shot.

NYR425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Vatchern

I agree with trading the vets, but not Lundy.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR425 View Post
Before you all go nuts, this is a question. Would it be in our best interest to move Hank and some others at the deadline and free up big bucks. We are not a Cup contender now as constructed, and have no cap room. Say we can move Hank to Boston for Kessel, Stuart, Hamil, Rask and a #1. Stuart gives us a physical dman, and Kessel and Hamil some O, Rask another Goaltending prospect. Then we look to move Jagr, Shanny, Straka, Rosie, Leak and Mara. We could maybe send Rosie to Chicago for Skille, then Shanny to San Jose for Couture. Jagr to St.Louis for Burglund and Hjalmarsson. Just a thought but I think it has to be considered. Don't know who would want these players even, but would like to know what you think. The goal is to
build a team that will be a cup contender for a decade or more. Just think Hank will cost so much against the cap, and I believe Montoya is the real deal also. Since he is cheaper for a few years we should give it a shot.
Henrik is part of the solution, not the problem. I wouldnt trade him for anyone, even with him falling apart recently.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

.....Lundqvist is not going anywhere. To suggest it is laughable.

Sure maybe montoya COULD turn into a top 5 goalie like Lundqvist as well, but that is a mighty big IF. And Lundqvist of course will only get better over the years.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2008, 11:54 PM
NYR425

why is it laughable..... Gretzky was traded, Espo was traded, Messier and coffey were traded. I think the problem is Hank is a rock star, and NY loves rock stars. this is and only should be about making the Rangers better.

Old
01-15-2008, 11:59 PM
TheMetalChick*

You dont trade your goalie!

You know, on the Isles board they were just talking about how Rick was almost traded years ago, as part of a deal for I believe Samsonov. Thank GOD that never happened.

Quote:
Sure maybe montoya COULD turn into a top 5 goalie like Lundqvist as well, but that is a mighty big IF.
And IF they ever have an abundance of starting goalies, let them worry about trading one then.

You talk about how much he will cost? Well, so will Montoya if he winds up as good as you imagine he might be. All great goalies cost a lot. (Well, almost all. )

Man... nobody would have even dared to hint at something like this 2 months ago! Lean on the guy and trust him... cause even if you did get draft picks for him or whatever, as soon as you pick em they are nothing more than guys in your system. Lundqvist was already your dream guy in the system, you already GOT the great draft pick! Now you want to dump him and gamble again?

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Avery316
guilty as charged

I wouldn't jump the gun on trading Lundqvist, however i think Montoya deserves a chance to be seen. If moving big contracts is necessary to do this then I by all means support it.

Avery316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:01 AM
NYRSinceBirth

Have you lost your mind? Since this season MIGHT still tank, you want to trade away a possible franchise goaltender who is only in his mid 20's? He's the FUTURE, not the problem.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:02 AM
88lindros88

no offense but the idea of lundy going to boston is of all things retarted at best. is lundy better than thomas? i would think he is. has he played consistently better than thomas? nope. why would boston take a downgrade in CURRENT goaltending and give away the players you suggested?

jagr or shanny or both should be the ones given out as rentals. get some youth back and give a guy like prucha more minutes.

88lindros88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:08 AM
ruckus*

One of the dumbest things I've read on this board.

This is a salary cap era so he'll get the market value of the top five goalie that he is. And he deserves that. If you have that player, they're easily worth the money they make. Getting rid of the potential 7 million he'll be affecting on our cap after he signs will guarantee us what players to take up that 7 million?

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:09 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

No trade the King

Jagr to St Louis? I dont think so.

Jagr gets traded only if TWO criteria are met.

1. The Rangers tank and miss the playoffs

2. Jagr fails to meet the benchmarks that extend the current contract

Both of these would have to happen for Sather to consider trading Jagr imo.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:09 AM
VisionQuest*

As much as I love the rangers, this board drives me ****ing nuts.

Trade Lundqvist. Yeah. Right.

jesus ****ing christ.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
why is it laughable..... Gretzky was traded, Espo was traded, Messier and coffey were traded. I think the problem is Hank is a rock star, and NY loves rock stars. this is and only should be about making the Rangers better.
Were the players you mentioned traded before or after their teams won Stanley Cups?

As has been said already: Lundqvist is part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:15 AM
MountVancouver'94

All I'm saying is that Ty Conklin and Mathieu Garon are successful NHL goalies right now, as well as Biron and Nittymaki. Sometimes we overrate goaltenders, and alot of times they are a product of the system. I'm not saying this is the complete case with Henry. But if you were able to get someone like Lecalvier (which we won't) I would pull the deal on Henry.

You can find a good goaltender and build a team orient defense around him....you can't find top quality snipers with grit all the time.

I look at deal like this: It's not always how much you give up, but how your team looks after the deal: Henry & Forward you could get for Montoya vs Some other goalie and Forward you could get for Henry.

****The above is just a post for discussion, and in no way does MountVancouver'94 endorse a trading Henry*******

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Blackjack

Quote:
Yzerman, Brodeur, Lidstrom, and Sakic were not traded. What's your point?

Elite goaltending in the NHL is ephemeral. Look what happened to Jose Theodore. Still, if his NHL career thus far is any indication, Lundqvist is an elite goaltender. Easily top 5 in the league. In his mid-twenties. NYR would be crazy to trade him, and they won't.

If Montoya really is the real deal, platoon him with Lundqvist for injury insurance, then deal one of them when the market is favorable.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:18 AM
NYR425

Is this board not here for the purpose of talking about things like this. I find it amazing that nobody on this board ever discuses anything. This was put here to see
what could be done to help the Rangers. We are not good right now. We have no cap space and our team has a lot of older vets. We also a very highly regarded prospect in goal who we really know nothing about, that we will have to make a decision on in the near future. That being said we have a world class goalie who has stunk the last few weeks. is it possible he is another 2 year wonder in net.... I don't think so, but if we were to trade Hank, who would want him and what could we get for him. Lets start here.

Old
01-16-2008, 12:21 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
No trade the King

Jagr to St Louis? I dont think so.

Jagr gets traded only if TWO criteria are met.

1. The Rangers tank and miss the playoffs

2. Jagr fails to meet the benchmarks that extend the current contract

Both of these would have to happen for Sather to consider trading Jagr imo.
If the Rangers don't trade Jagr by the trade deadline and the requirements for the option year of his contract aren't met, then Jagr becomes a free agent July 1st. Sather will have to make a decision before the playoff picture becomes clear and before he knows if Jagr can reach the benchmarks written into his contract.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:25 AM
bymer

don't mean to be offensive but this is just absurd - no matter what Montoya can or cannot be we are yet to see him play, and we are not talking about a few games here.

There is no way NYR moves Lundqvist - not now or even if the season is shot.

Sometimes you just have to have a little faith and belive.

bymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
That being said we have a world class goalie who has stunk the last few weeks. is it possible he is another 2 year wonder in net.... I don't think so, but if we were to trade Hank, who would want him and what could we get for him. Lets start here.
Montreal, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Washington, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Edmonton, Los Angeles, St Louis, Chicago, Nashville.....

Old
01-16-2008, 12:31 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bymer View Post
don't mean to be offensive but this is just absurd - no matter what Montoya can or cannot be we are yet to see him play, and we are not talking about a few games here.

There is no way NYR moves Lundqvist - not now or even if the season is shot.

Sometimes you just have to have a little faith and belive.
And sometimes you just have to let people post on a message board.

Old
01-16-2008, 12:32 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
If the Rangers don't trade Jagr by the trade deadline and the requirements for the option year of his contract aren't met, then Jagr becomes a free agent July 1st. Sather will have to make a decision before the playoff picture becomes clear and before he knows if Jagr can reach the benchmarks written into his contract.

well yes. I guess I was suggesting he'd have to make an estimation if it looks like he can make them.

Tough call.

Is there another NHL city JJ would leave NYC for?

Right now he's still a good bang for the buck, and of course he "could" catch fire at anytime and again be the best contract in the NHL by seasons end.

Its actually a pretty tough call for Sather to make. Very tough indeed.

Old
01-16-2008, 12:34 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

ok, I get an infraction for making a joke about people acting like the sky is falling, but this is allowed? To me, this thread is much more moronic.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:37 AM
MountVancouver'94

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
well yes. I guess I was suggesting he'd have to make an estimation if it looks like he can make them.

Tough call.

Is there another NHL city JJ would leave NYC for?

Right now he's still a good bang for the buck, and of course he "could" catch fire at anytime and again be the best contract in the NHL by seasons end.

Its actually a pretty tough call for Sather to make. Very tough indeed.
Yea...probably lose lose situation...

Old
01-16-2008, 12:44 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

This is about...sigh...trading Lundqvist......not jagr folks..keep it on the silly topic.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2008, 12:54 AM
2Leetch_94

Yeah, Lundqvist has had his struggles lately....he hasn't been as sharp...but he's getting zero help with his defense or any scoring by his fowards...therefore his stats look like complete **** since December and we're losing games. Shocker. Let's trade him!

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote