Notices

All about Tanguay - including news, discussion, rumours and proposals

Old
01-19-2008, 01:01 PM
apetitfor400

vCash: 500

Would ya?

With the injuries happening in colorado right now, they could really use tanguay's offence to keep them fighting till sakic and smyth come back.

Leopold is getting paid cheap and calgary could really use another puck moving d-man.

apetitfor400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Leopold has been one of the most injured Avs if I'm not mistaken. Points for cleverness but I think we'll pass.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Hyde

If and this is a big if, Tanguay has indeed waived his NTC, he'll be sent out East. Honestly I see no point of even looking at Western teams for trade ideas/proposals.

As for this one, NO, I would not reverse the trade that saw the Flames acquire Tanguay.

Think like Sutter people? What would Sutter do? Not what would you like?

Last edited by Hyde: 01-19-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Lunatik*

i'd send him to Colorado with Warrener for Leopold and Brunette

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Colorado Avalanche

You can get more for him. Leopold is very good player, but he has been very injury-prone last two years. I wouldn't trade him for Tanguay, but it would be, because we are so bad without Leopold defensively. I think Tanguay for Leopold was win-win for both teams.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 07:35 PM
SarahCrash

Mod edit: Due to the large number of Tanguay threads, which have popped up for the last couple of weeks, Hyde and I decided to open this thread to make the board more clearly arranged. Therefore I have edited the thread title:
Here is the place for all news, discussions, rumours or trade proposals concerning Tanguay. All other threads, which deal about Tanguay will either be closed or merged with this one.

He just said on HNIC that it is not true as reported on tsn.

Last edited by Snoil11: 01-20-2008 at 09:27 AM.
SarahCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 07:58 PM
zBearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21pro View Post
He just said on HNIC that it is not true as reported on tsn.
I saw this as well, but it's no surprise.

All Pierre McGuire said was he was talking to some hockey heads in Calgary who said Tanguay would be willing to waive his NTC. Not that he had.

And like Sutter said, even he if did, the return would have to be substantial. We're not in a forced position to do anything with him.

zBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
ComixZone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
I saw this as well, but it's no surprise.

All Pierre McGuire said was he was talking to some hockey heads in Calgary who said Tanguay would be willing to waive his NTC. Not that he had.

And like Sutter said, even he if did, the return would have to be substantial. We're not in a forced position to do anything with him.
Thank you sutter. Now maybe people will shut up about how we have to deal tanguay, and that his value is hindered because we need the cap space. People need to realize we dont have to deal tangs, and if we did, we wouldnt have to do it till after the playoffs to create space. If Tangs goes, it will be because someone is offering up something worthwhile.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Lunatik*

the same Sutter that admitted to RDS tonight that he was in montreal looking to shed salary for next season

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 02:06 AM
abracanada

And that would be the same Sutter who denied signing Hamrlik a few scant hours prior to the announcement of his signing. The fact that people still take Sutter literally is the biggest surprise of all.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:20 AM
BlowPhish

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
And that would be the same Sutter who denied signing Hamrlik a few scant hours prior to the announcement of his signing. The fact that people still take Sutter literally is the biggest surprise of all.
True, I admire that about him. The fact about him not giving a shred to the media leaves it all to speculation. It's kinda fun trying to figure out the who and where with the Flames.

BlowPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
All about Tanguay - including Rumours + Proposals

For all of those entering the thread for the first time, please take note of the OP!

Last edited by Snoil11: 01-20-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
gothenburg_hardrock

proposal

tanguay, warrener

for

gaustad, campbell?

gothenburg_hardrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Well.. Jokinen rumors keep getting more and more abundant, so

Calgary: Tanguay,Langkow
Florida: Jokinen

But I would also like ot bring in Warrener, not sure what Florida would move for him though, Id like to keep Allen/Bouw ofcourse. one of Van Ryn Salei?

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post

But I would also like ot bring in Warrener, not sure what Florida would move for him though, Id like to keep Allen/Bouw ofcourse. one of Van Ryn Salei?
I'd love to add Jokinen to our roster, but this would be a huge overpayment from the Flames' side. Jokinen is great, no doubt about that, but he won't get you a #1-left-wing and a #1-centerman, even if the latter were a UFA at season's end. Moreover, the Flames want to win NOW, so there is no chance, that they trade away two of their top-six, when they merely get one top-six player back.

Old
01-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Koobs11
aka Back door Johnny

Send a message via AIM to Koobs11
just saw on the isles boards that Tanguay could come to the island, if indeed he waives his NTC, just wondering what you guys would command for him, i was thinking this and in no way am i trying to rip off or disprect you guys just simply a proposal as i am a flame fan myself but the thought of having him here on the island would be great

To Islanders
Tanguay
Nystrom

To Calgary
Fedetanko (2.9UFA)
Jeff Tambelini
2nd rounder 08

Clears cap space for you guys arond 6 million allows you to do what you can for the resigning of Langkow,Dion, Husel
Gives you a guy that can play 2nd and 3rd line scoring and one of our top prospects who is tearing it up in the AHL and should be up with us but Nolan dosnt seem to want him up (could use a change of scenory)

Koobs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post

Both Van Ryn and Salei have larger cap hits than Warrener and would only hurt the Flames' chances of keeping three of Tanguay, Huselius, Langkow and Phaneuf. No matter what anyone thinks of Salei or Van Ryn for Aucoin, it's far more likely from Calgary's perspective.

Jokinen, if he wants to leave Florida, would be a good lateral trade move for Tanguay plus a draft pick or one of our younger forwards. It's a stretch though, if Jokinen wants to leave Florida it would likely be due to a lack of faith in management. I couldn't see Tanguay allowing Sutter to move him to a team whose best player left because he thought management wasn't moving in the right direction.

Last edited by ArizonaGreenTea: 01-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.
ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Hyde

Tanguay has NOT waived no-trade

Quote:
Despite media speculation/reports to the contrary, Alex Tanguay says he has not agreed to waive his no-trade clause.
Quote:
"We haven't talked about it," said Tanguay.
Quote:
This on the heels of Sutter's comments last night in Montreal also denying there had been any such discussion between the player and the team.
Quote:
That said, neither party is ruling out the possibility of movement. Asked if he would consider waiving the no-trade clause, Tanguay says he's taking a wait-and-see approach.
Quote:
"I'm not going to worry about the rumours or anything like that," he said. "I'm going to try to be as professional as I can about it, play my hardest . . . that's all I can do. We'll see what comes out of it."
http://communities.canada.com/calgaryherald/blogs/insideflames/archive/2008/01/20/tanguay-has-not-waived-no-trade.aspx

Old
01-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Chomsky

Good.

Lombardi for Ryder here it comes.

Last edited by Hyde: 01-20-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Snoil11

Actually, Tanguay's comments aren't a declaration of love to Calgary and I deem a trade more likely after reading his recent statemens.

Old
01-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Actually, Tanguay's comments aren't a declaration of love to Calgary and I deem a trade more likely after reading his recent statemens.
Actually, I'm being to feel that way too, the only thing is I don't see the Flames moving Tanguay during the season, unless some team is going to over pay.

He might just be moved like he was traded, on draft day.

Old
01-20-2008, 05:54 PM
trublu16

If Tanguay is really being offered for a salary dump, so the Flames can create more cap space so they can sign the RFAs. How about this:

To Calgary=> Jackman (UFA) 2.2mil this season
To StL => Tanguay 5.25mil per season (UFA in 09)

This gives the Flames an actual chance at signing Jackman after this season. But from what everyone is saying he is wanting in the range of 3mil per season. Not sure that JD wants to sign him for that, with the way he has been producing this season. But his production this season, I personally believe that is has to do with the system that we are running in St. Louis over the talent of the player.

And Blues will get what they are in need of getting, a play maker for the 2nd line. And with the rebuilding that we are in the middle of, it will help having Tanguay here to help along the young kids. Especially with his experience of being in that same position when he was in Colorado.

Just a thought, to see if this would interest you guys . I would love to throw that Tkachuck guy your way also, at least you guys would know better than play him at center.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 02:21 PM
Hyde

Quote:
In the wake of all the Alex Tanguay trade speculation comes this morning's events at the Saddledome. While the Flames went through their paces on the ice, general manager Darryl Sutter was in his semi-private box talking to former Chicago Blackhawks teammate Bob Sauve.

That's significant because Sauve is a player agent now and just happens to represent Tanguay. A club official warned not to read too much into the confab, but this will nevertheless fuel more gossip from those who are inclined to do so.
Hey, maybe they just got together to swap old stories about Wayne Presley, Gary Nylund and Steve Ludzik.

Or even if you don't buy that one, there is a totally logical explanation that doesn't involve Tanguay packing his bags and skedaddling out of town. Sauve may simply be looking for a clarification on Tanguay's status.

On the other hand, Tanguay's no-trade clause would necessitate discussions with the agent at some point if a deal is to be made, so the possibilities are plentiful.

Tanguay himself is getting increasingly aggravated by the entire matter. Asked this morning if he still wanted to be a Flame, the left-winger retorted: "That's a stupid question. I'm not going to answer that."

Later, he said: "It wears on you a little bit. I'm sick and tired of answering these questions and I've said all I'm going to say about it."

http://communities.canada.com/calgar...-the-mill.aspx

Maybe Sutter is negotiating a long-term extension for one Alex Tanguay.
That really wouldn't surprise me at all, truth be told.

Old
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
http://communities.canada.com/calgar...-the-mill.aspx

Maybe Sutter is negotiating a long-term extension for one Alex Tanguay.
That really wouldn't surprise me at all, truth be told.
Which would be weird in some ways, because Huselius has done more for this team in the last 4 months than Tanguay has. He's deserving of that salary; Juice is absolutely clutch for this team.

If Tanguay IS extended, well then we kiss bye-bye to Juice in the off-season after the playoffs. Trade him for a pick to give negotiating rights to whatever team wants to acquire him.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Tanguay himself is getting increasingly aggravated by the entire matter. Asked this morning if he still wanted to be a Flame, the left-winger retorted: "That's a stupid question. I'm not going to answer that."

Later, he said: "It wears on you a little bit. I'm sick and tired of answering these questions and I've said all I'm going to say about it."

Gotta love the media. I doubt he is increasingly aggravated by "the matter". He is increasingly aggravated because he gets asked the same freaking questions all the time by the media.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote