Notices

All about Tanguay - including news, discussion, rumours and proposals

Old
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Hyde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Which would be weird in some ways, because Huselius has done more for this team in the last 4 months than Tanguay has. He's deserving of that salary; Juice is absolutely clutch for this team.

If Tanguay IS extended, well then we kiss bye-bye to Juice in the off-season after the playoffs. Trade him for a pick to give negotiating rights to whatever team wants to acquire him.
More clutch, really, because it seems to be that when Huselius goes through a dry spell you can’t just throw him out on the PK or expect him to carry his own line like you can with Alex!

I like Huselius and all, but if I had to choose only one at the same dollar figure, I would choose Tanguay over and over again.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 03:12 PM
qwerty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
More clutch, really, because it seems to be that when Huselius goes through a dry spell you can’t just throw him out on the PK or expect him to carry his own line like you can with Alex!

I like Huselius and all, but if I had to choose only one at the same dollar figure, I would choose Tanguay over and over again.
If you remember last year when Iginla was down, it was Huselius that took this team on his back and carried them outscoring everyone and yes even Tanguay during that stretch. Also, everyone seems to forget that Huselius did play a lot of PK time eason around this time last season.

If Tanguay really could carry this team, he would either be carrying the second line right now (10 points in 18 games since being demoted) or he would still be on the first line.

All signs point to Tanguay on the move. Darryl scouting in the east, saying something in an interview about wanting to drop salary rather than gain and now that Tanguay's agent is here possibly talking about the NTC possibilities, it looks like it'll happen soon.

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Good.

Lombardi for Ryder here it comes.
Ok. Then we'll turn around and trade you Nystrom for Higgins, because that makes sense.

Like the JFJ things in Toronto, it's a complete media fabrication. I have no doubt Sutter is interested in moving Tanguay but it's not a necessity. We'll only deal him if we get a great return. If I was Tanguay, I'd be put off by the constant, rumour based questioning he faces daily. What's he suppose to say? The media and their rumours are creating this frenzy. It's not coming from the inside. If he gets dealt, he gets dealt, but I do think he wants to stay here.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
If you remember last year when Iginla was down, it was Huselius that took this team on his back and carried them outscoring everyone and yes even Tanguay during that stretch. Also, everyone seems to forget that Huselius did play a lot of PK time eason around this time last season.

If Tanguay really could carry this team, he would either be carrying the second line right now (10 points in 18 games since being demoted) or he would still be on the first line.

All signs point to Tanguay on the move. Darryl scouting in the east, saying something in an interview about wanting to drop salary rather than gain and now that Tanguay's agent is here possibly talking about the NTC possibilities, it looks like it'll happen soon.
What Huselius was the one carrying the load last season when Iginla was hurt, sorry I saw it differently, sure he scored goals but Tanguay and Langkow were both equally there to help him out, it wasn’t just Juice.

Plus what is the Tanguay demoted “stuff” coming from the only reason that Juice is on the top line was because he (along with Langkow) were struggling so Iginla suggested that they be brought up in order to help them out. Tanguay wasn’t demoted because he was sucking and sure it has taken some time to get the chemistry going with the revolving centres in Langkow and Conroy plus the rotating winger in Nolan and Moss. Unlike Huselius how gets the consistency of Iginla to fall back on when the goals and assists are not going his way!

I do agree though that all signs point to a trade happening sooner then later, but I highly doubt that Tanguay is the one on the move. Plus since when does an agent have to come to down to discuss a NTC, when a phone or fax will do!

Look I like Huselius he is fun to watch and is great in the shootout, he sure is far flashier but for substance and quietly just doing his job then I would prefer Tanguay.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolf Yaber View Post

Gotta love the media. I doubt he is increasingly aggravated by "the matter". He is increasingly aggravated because he gets asked the same freaking questions all the time by the media.
actually for Tanguay to say its a stupid question it is aggravated by it... Tanguay is very soft spoken and polite during interviews...

i hope the fans in the dome give Tanguay a huge ovation tonight... it will only help this team if he sees the fans like him and it might help him feel more comfortable again

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Rudolf Yaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
actually for Tanguay to say its a stupid question it is aggravated by it... Tanguay is very soft spoken and polite during interviews...

i hope the fans in the dome give Tanguay a huge ovation tonight... it will only help this team if he sees the fans like him and it might help him feel more comfortable again
He probably said it was a stupid question because I'm sure he's answered the very same question dozens of times. Its just the media pushing and pushing, and when a reaction arises they attribute it to something else.

I think the post above confirms it.

Quote:
"Honest to God, there's about 20 of you guys who cover us really well and about five others who are complete idiots who don't know a thing about it."

So, is Tanguay being shopped?

"What does it matter what I say to you guys, you guys don't believe what I say anyway," said Sutter.
"Are you shopping Tanguay?"
"No"
"NO!"
"That is a stupid question."
"What does it matter what I say to you guys, you guys don't believe what I say anyway"
"So...are you shopping Tanguay?"

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
"Honest to God, there's about 20 of you guys who cover us really well and about five others who are complete idiots who don't know a thing about it."

So, is Tanguay being shopped?

"What does it matter what I say to you guys, you guys don't believe what I say anyway," said Sutter.

"I say Alex Tanguay is one of the top players in the league and you think 'He's just saying that so he can trade him.' If I say he's a bad player, it's because I can't get rid of him."
Love Sutter's interviews.

Anyways I personally think Tanguay is going no where. He'll be here for the season. We need to make a solid run this year and we need Tanguay to do that. He is a proven playoff performer and was easily our best forward last year against the Wings. IF he's traded it will be in the offseason or a draft day deal.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:47 PM
milbs06

Tanguay angrily denies trade rumors

"What?" asked a disgusted Tanguay when a reporter asked if he hoped to be back with the Flames following the all-star break. "That's a stupid question. I'm not going to answer that.

"I've done the talking about it," said Tanguay, 28, who previously denied reports he waived his no-trade clause. Quite frankly it wears on you a little bit. I think I've tried to be as professional as I can be, but right now, I'm sick and tired of answering those questions, and I'm not going to answer them anymore. That's about it."

source - The Calgary Sun

do you guys still say he could get traded?

milbs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:57 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by milbs06 View Post
"What?" asked a disgusted Tanguay when a reporter asked if he hoped to be back with the Flames following the all-star break. "That's a stupid question. I'm not going to answer that.

It was definitely a stupid question. But Tanguay has handled all of this really very well, in a really professional manner.

btw, we already have a thread for all the Tanguay news regarding this:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=467734

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
It's Iggy Time

I am suprised how well tang is handling everything, only time will tell what is going to happen and we all know Sutter isnt going to give any head up of what is going to happen

It's Iggy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 10:46 AM
abracanada

Proposal Tanguay for Jackman

Just wondering how people would feel about a Tanguay for Barret Jackman trade. I know Sutter really liked what Jackman brought. Tanguay may be willing to go to St. Louis even if he is not willing to go to Montreal. It provides cap relief, and makes the defence a lot deeper for a playoff run.

Mod edit: Merged the "Proposal Tanguay for Jackman"-thread with this one.

Last edited by Snoil11: 01-29-2008 at 02:42 PM.
abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Lunatik*

just a random thought about Tanguay here...

he is being used in PK situations and working hard on his defensive play because its what he needs to do to become a better player... he wants to be an elite forward...

is it possible this is part of moving him back to the center position for next season? he was moved to the wing because he wasn't strong defensively... if his defensive game is improved could we possibly see a Huselius - Tanguay - Iginla top line?

Old
01-30-2008, 07:57 AM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
just a random thought about Tanguay here...

he is being used in PK situations and working hard on his defensive play because its what he needs to do to become a better player... he wants to be an elite forward...

is it possible this is part of moving him back to the center position for next season? he was moved to the wing because he wasn't strong defensively... if his defensive game is improved could we possibly see a Huselius - Tanguay - Iginla top line?
Thus making Langkow the odd man out? Could happen I suppose.

Whatever happens I really enjoy what he is doing on the PK and his desire to improve as a player.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiganticSnake View Post
Thus making Langkow the odd man out? Could happen I suppose.

Whatever happens I really enjoy what he is doing on the PK and his desire to improve as a player.
thats what I was thinking... I know its a long shot... but if he becomes more sound in his own end he could be a premier playmaking center in this league

Old
01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Jackman would be a nice addition but you can get more for Tanguay.

It makes sense that he could be moved to centre, but at that price I'd rather Langkow as my top centre.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Jackman would be a nice addition but you can get more for Tanguay.

It makes sense that he could be moved to centre, but at that price I'd rather Langkow as my top centre.
I wonder if there's any way to somehow get a hold of Jackman (UFA) and Stempniak, for something like Alex Tanguay, Dustin Boyd and Rhett Warrener.

Stempniak would be GREAT on Calgary's 2nd line RW; however, I'm sure St. Louis would demand a king's ransom for him.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM
andy*

What would have draft picks or a roster player?

With all the talk of Alex Tanguay being traded(true or not), what would you rather have for him, high draft picks or pakage him with someone and get a good roster player? With the position that the Flames are in(their standings in the west, the odds of winning a cup). And what is your guys opinion, has Sutter improved the prospects we had, say from 3-4 years ago?

Mod Edit: Merged the "What would have draft picks or a roster player?"-thread with this one.

Last edited by Snoil11: 01-31-2008 at 02:11 PM.
andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
With all the talk of Alex Tanguay being traded(true or not), what would you rather have for him, high draft picks or pakage him with someone and get a good roster player? With the position that the Flames are in(their standings in the west, the odds of winning a cup). And what is your guys opinion, has Sutter improved the prospects we had, say from 3-4 years ago?
Thats a tough call.

The way the team has looked lately (only Det has a better record since Dec 1), I would want a good roster player for a deep playoff run, seeing as it looking like more and more of a real possibility. While I wouldn't expect to have to add too much to Tanguay to bring back a quality roster player, that is potentially where I would look for a smaller salary dump (i.e. Tanguay + Primeau/Warrener/Yelle/Nilson type deal)

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Ummm.... Didn't this trade already happen (just the other way around)??? Why on earth would Sutter reverse a trade he already made. Not a very good proposal.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Please stop opening new threads, that deal about Tanguay and potential trades of him. We have this stickied thread about Tanguay!

Therefore I merged the "Proposal: Tanguay for Leopold" with it.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
shawnyboy24

rumor in montreal

Hey guys, there is a rumor in montreal today that a newspaper in calgary is saying that tanguay got traded to Montreal for Ryder(UFA) and Ryan Obyrn(young defencemen).Montreal is the capitel of the false rumour so i was wondering if any of you guys had heard about it????

thanx

shawnyboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
No word of a Tanguay trade in Calgary. The Fan 960 would have been all over that if there were.
The deal was believed to be postponed till O'Bryne had recovered to be cleared from his broken thumb. I don't see Calgary's urgency to pull this deal off, so I doubt it has happened.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 11:16 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Can't wait for the deadline to pass so we can finally stop hearing this nonsense.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 11:27 PM
hockey_nut

first i've heard of this... can't see calgary doing that

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:19 AM
BadNewsBearcat

"vomit"