HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

If the Rangers miss the playoffs Does Renney Survive?

View Poll Results: If the Rangers miss the playoffs Does Renney Survive?
Yes, Renney is a survivor 20 18.35%
No, Renney is a dead man walking 89 81.65%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-20-2008, 10:43 PM
mergnemi*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
OK arm chair GMs

If you fire Renney, who takes his place?

What do you do with the entire coaching staff?

What about the system that was put in place that makes a seamless transition from AHL to NHL? Ditch it? Forget about Youth development?

Let's hear your proposed solution and plan.
what system? you mean the "system" we played earlier in the year aka lundqvist standing on his head

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
mergnemi*

Send a message via AIM to mergnemi*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
These players just aren't producing up to the levels that was expected when the team was constructed.
yes and it's renney's job to get these players to play up to their expected levels. every game they're like zombies out there, no heart, no leadership, no accountability. as the governator would say, renney needs to "stop being such a *****" and crack the whip. enough of these "well we beat ourselves but lets focus on the positives."

mergnemi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 01:09 AM
NHLhockey1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Amen brother!
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues
The real problem is SATHER is not maximizing Renney's coaching talents.

His real talent lies with youth.

Had Sather realized that Shanahan is done, and the rest of the vets need to go, and give Renneya team with young, talented, smart, hungry, creative players, we would be seeing a young team giving Philly and NJ a run for their money.

Instead Renney has a bunch of egos to conquer, and its not working.

Fortunately, all those egos will be GONE at the end of the season. And the problem hopefully solved.

You don't fire Renney with haste because next year he will probably have a squad that better fits his coaching style.

Wow. I need to frame this post on my wall. Couldn't have said it better.

NHLhockey1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:39 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
The real problem is SATHER is not maximizing Renney's coaching talents.

His real talent lies with youth.

Had Sather realized that Shanahan is done, and the rest of the vets need to go, and give Renneya team with young, talented, smart, hungry, creative players, we would be seeing a young team giving Philly and NJ a run for their money.

Instead Renney has a bunch of egos to conquer, and its not working.

Fortunately, all those egos will be GONE at the end of the season. And the problem hopefully solved.

You don't fire Renney with haste because next year he will probably have a squad that better fits his coaching style.

Broadway....where are these creative players coming from, cause they aren't in our system?

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:50 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
Broadway....where are these creative players coming from, cause they aren't in our system?
We have a few of them.

Cherepanov, Dawes, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Staal

And as i mentioned, Sather should focus on acquiring these kind of players.

This upcoming draft is pretty deep. And Sather would be wise to get his hands on another first round pick.

Also, a few of our vets would most likely be able to net us a few of the kind players being suggested. And the beauty of it is, that if we really wanted a couple of the vets back we could sign them in the offseason, as they are pretty much all free agents.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 01:08 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
OK arm chair GMs

If you fire Renney, who takes his place?

What do you do with the entire coaching staff?

What about the system that was put in place that makes a seamless transition from AHL to NHL? Ditch it? Forget about Youth development?

Let's hear your proposed solution and plan.
I think that if you change the head coach, the whole system will change for the team. Pearn and Pelino are good coaches, especially when it comes to conditioning. It would be nice to get whoever does the PP in montreal....but i think a good coach would be Hartley (despite what happened earlier this year, this guy has won a cup and knows wat it takes to win) and Pat Quinn. Both would be good

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
I don't think he gets the axe. However, if next season they are as good as this season, he doesn't make it to the end.

vipernsx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
gmanwrx

Quote:
We have a few of them.

Cherepanov, Dawes, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Sanguinetti, Staal

And as i mentioned, Sather should focus on acquiring these kind of players.

This upcoming draft is pretty deep. And Sather would be wise to get his hands on another first round pick.

Also, a few of our vets would most likely be able to net us a few of the kind players being suggested. And the beauty of it is, that if we really wanted a couple of the vets back we could sign them in the offseason, as they are pretty much all free agents.
those few players and Gomez, drury and avery in the lineup.

watching them will be more exciting to watch then jagr losing the puck trying to come in the zone, Again....

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Not Tom's fault, people forget how bad we had it with coaches the 7 years before he entered the picture. This team is just not good this year. Jagr is more reminiscent of Nedved nowadays, he needs help and we just don't have it or refuses to work with it(Pointmen on the powerplay). Add to that Lundqvist is having a bad season.

This season is just a bust, probably time to retool for next year and beyond.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
still I say - barking at the wrong tree.
its slats' team and he should be the one falling on his sword

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 11:35 AM
DontStepanMe

I voted that he is a dead man walking but it isn't necessarily what I think is the best.

I think that the first thing that should happen is disassemble this team. Trade ALL vets for as many picks/prospects as you can get. Give Renney another shot next year w/ a very young team (he seems to be better w/ younger players) and lets see how they do and respond to him. I won't judge them by their record next year but by if they are improving as the season goes on. If no improvement or development than can his a$$ and bring up Schonfeld to coach the team.

Although I do think that this will fall on Renney and Slats will fire him at the end of the year.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Fletch

I don't see why...

he'd have a job for taking a step backward when he was given the tools to take a step forward. While some may think Renney's doing a fine job and this is Sather's doing, I would tend to disagree and think that the pieces to the puzzle are there but Renney cannot get his players to realize that, be it his system or coaching style or what-have-you.

Fletch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
he'd have a job for taking a step backward when he was given the tools to take a step forward. While some may think Renney's doing a fine job and this is Sather's doing, I would tend to disagree and think that the pieces to the puzzle are there but Renney cannot get his players to realize that, be it his system or coaching style or what-have-you.
Fletch I used to think that but the more I look at this team I realize that we are missing like 2-3 pieces. We don't have a #1 dman (i'm not sure we even have a #2), we need another good playmaking center (Drury should be wing) and we need another big winger.

Now Renney doesn't utilize his players the best but I think that it wouldn't matter all that much. Maybe it would put us in the PO's but another coach wouldn't give us a shot at the SC anyway. We just are poorly constructed.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote