HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official New York Giants Superbowl Thread

Old
01-20-2008, 09:28 PM
hlundqvist30*

vCash: 500
Official New York Giants Superbowl Thread

I figured that the other thread was a lot more about last week vs. the Cowgirls and T.O crying, so this possibly could be stickied?

Did Eli Manning seriously just lead a team to 3 consecutive road wins and a trip to the Superbowl? I can't believe this. It would be like us sweeping the Devils, Flyers, and Senators with Valiquette in goal. I honestly can't believe this. I was expecting an 8-8 season at best, and when we clinched the playoffs I don't think anyone was expecting more than a win vs. the Bucs. To beat the Cowboys in such a fashion made it seemingly possible for us to win this game tonight, but no way could you tell me that Eli Manning would out-dual Brett Favre into an OT game and become the 2nd road QB to ever win a playoff Game at Lambeau Field. After Tynes missed his 2nd field goal and the Pack won the coin toss it was inevitable that the Giants were going to lose. Thank god for Cory Webster though.

I will feel the same going into the Superbowl as I did before tonight's game; There is no way we are going to win, but at the same time maybe we can actually pull it off.

Finally, hopefully this will begin the prime of Eli Manning. I honestly have not liked him AT ALL since he was basically drafted, and I have repeatedly said that the Giants will simply never win under him. Tonight, however, he out-dueled a top 5 QB of all-time, and I am beginning to think that he is going to become a top NFL QB.

Let's go Giants! Give us something to cheer about during a crappy hockey season!

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM
mstraka82

yea baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
The Thomas J.*

I can't believe the Giants are going to the superbowl

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Hemlawk86

Giants Defense lead them to the superbowl.. Eli is weak.

Congratz to the NYG's, God knows my Jets will never make it...

Hemlawk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:09 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

haha congrats to NYG..what a great job

...as a jets, rangers, mets, and knicks fan i am and forever will be a loser..but congrats to g-men fans..must be a great feeling

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post
haha congrats to NYG..what a great job

...as a jets, rangers, mets, and knicks fan i am and forever will be a loser..but congrats to g-men fans..must be a great feeling
I am in the exact same boat as you, but I am pretty pumped about the Giants. There isn't really a rivalry between the Jets and the Giants, and it's cool to see Eli play so well. It would be sick to see them beat the Pats

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Incognito31

Lets Go G-men

Incognito31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

As a Jets fan I normally don't like the Giants (don't hate them like certain other teams though) and I actually wanted Green Bay to win tonight. However, two weeks from today, I hope they kick the s*** out of the Patriots!!! Go Giants!!

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk86 View Post

0 INTs on 85 attempts in the post-season; 250+ yards passing tongiht (should've been well over 300), and Eli is WEAK? Please, all the Eli haters can sit down and shut it for two weeks, thank you very much.

This was an NFL record 10th straight road win by the Jints. GO BLUE!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:28 PM
clmetsfan

Wouldn't it make more sense to merge this thread with the last one?

Anyway, I'm digging this underdog stuff. The last two weeks I've felt guardedly optimistic, and that's exactly how I feel right now. They've got a legit shot at pulling off the upset. A very small one, but legit nonetheless.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
0 INTs on 85 attempts in the post-season; 250+ yards passing tongiht (should've been well over 300), and Eli is WEAK? Please, all the Eli haters can sit down and shut it for two weeks, thank you very much.
*** A!! It just sounds absurd right now. He just outplayed Brett Favre in Lambeau Field in some of the harshest weather you can imagine.

Old
01-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

This shows what discipline + good internal leadership does.

Listen to big 92 be super positive about his teammates.
Awesome game!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:

This was an NFL record 10th straight road win by the Jints. GO BLUE!
Yeah honestly he played a good game, it'd be nice if his receivers could of gave him some help. Friggin' Smith...

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:37 PM
gobolt7

How sweet it is, to have a run like this, it does not get much better. To send Brett Favre home, in late January, in Lambeau, it does not get much better then that.

To prove all the doubters, and Eli bashers completly wrong, that is just priceless.

gobolt7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:38 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Holy.

****ing.

****!

I love this team...they play with so much heart. It has not truly sunk in just yet that we are going to the Super Bowl. Seriously, I'm STILL in shock. But what an amazing feeling. This team never gave up and just went about their business and kept winning road games.

The Pats will be tough, but hell, we've come this far already.

For now, I'm going to enjoy this thoroughly. I've been a Giants fan my whole life and tonight is one of the happiest moments I've ever had watching this team. Even if it nearly caused me to hyperventilate.

One final thing: When Tynes missed the field goal at the end of regulation (which I KNEW that he was going to miss even before he did), did anyone else have some slight nightmares going back to last May? Rangers and Sabres series tied, Rangers winning and just 7 seconds from the lead. This time it was the Giants just a field goal from winning.

Once he missed it, I thought we were done. This ALWAYS happens to the Giants. And all of my teams pretty much.

But the Webster interception...I mean, this team has won nailbiters all season and it just continued. I'm still in shock.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Yeah honestly he played a good game, it'd be nice if his receivers could of gave him some help. Friggin' Smith...
Smith & Toomer, who had a shakey game tonight. Also, if Plax had held onto that deep root at the 4 yard line.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk86 View Post

Yeah, let me see you led the Giants into the Super Bowl by beating the Pack on Lambeau Field in weather of -24 wind chill.

01-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Smith & Toomer, who had a shakey game tonight. Also, if Plax had held onto that deep root at the 4 yard line.
They had some trouble with the ball but who didn't in this weather? I actually thought they both played well.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User

Quote:
Please, all the Eli haters can sit down and shut it for two weeks, thank you very much.
You know Tiki Barber isn't going to shut up.

Seriously though do you think that Tiki retireing ended up being addition by subtraction. From a far (I'm not really a Giants fan) it seems the Giants have had a lot less in fighting this year with the main instigator gone and thus they were able to rally as a team come playoff time.

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
And Boss should have had that TD catch on the opening drive. Frankly, the only two poor passes were when he underthrew Plax in the endzone, and he underthrew Smith...otherwise, Eli was superb.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:48 PM
mstraka82

HAHA TIKI BARBER HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA i am sooooooo happy he left this year, YEA BABY 2 WEEKS A REAL NEW YORK TEAM RIGHT NOW PLAYING for everything!!!!!!

mstraka82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Jacobs is a beast and is way better than Tiki IMO.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post

Seriously though do you think that Tiki retireing ended up being addition by subtraction. From a far (I'm not really a Giants fan) it seems the Giants have had a lot less in fighting this year with the main instigator gone and thus they were able to rally as a team come playoff time.
You know I was just wondering this but with Shockey instead, maybe minus these two prima donna's has helped form this chemistry they seem to have now.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Tiki = JJ

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 10:59 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrdevil View Post

I think more than anything that the softening of Coughlin (which everyone involved insists has made such a huge difference) was the thing that was influenced the most by Tiki leaving. I don't think he would have done things like form that leadership council because he couldn't trust Tiki not to undermine him.

I loved Tiki throughout his career, and he'd have to do a lot for me not to always lood back on his career fondly, but I really think this team is better off without him.