HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carey Price bounces back

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2008, 12:11 AM
  #1
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,589
vCash: 500
Carey Price bounces back

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid...e&service=page

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:14 AM
  #2
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
It was truly only a matter of time.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:20 AM
  #3
brownman*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 500
I'll believe it when I see it. I've said time and time again that the kid just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the business.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:21 AM
  #4
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I've said time and time again that the kid just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the business.

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:26 AM
  #5
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. I've said time and time again that the kid just doesn't have what it takes to make it in the business.
So true. I wanted Brulé

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:27 AM
  #6
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Holy Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
He made 18 saves in the AHL against some **** team, big deal.

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:28 AM
  #7
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Holy Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
So true. I wanted Brulé
I wanted Kopitar

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
  #8
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
He made 18 saves in the AHL against some **** team, big deal.
Would you prefer that he continued with a .750 save percentage?

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:31 AM
  #9
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,509
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
He made 18 saves in the AHL against some **** team, big deal.
Just like your "Kostytsyn (Kostitsyn)=God" could only get 23 points in 66 games, at the same age, against those **** AHL teams you refer to.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:35 AM
  #10
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Holy Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Would you prefer that he continued with a .750 save percentage?
I would prefer hearing about him when it mattered, which is clearly not the case here. Unless you want to make a case that 18 save in the AHL is breaking news?

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:37 AM
  #11
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Holy Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Just like your "Kostytsyn (Kostitsyn)=God" could only get 23 points in 66 games, at the same age, against those **** AHL teams you refer to.
We didn't see thread about it either back then.

To me Kostytsyn has proven more at the NHL level than Price right now.

Maybe I'll put Price=god under my name one day, at least I hope, but not for now, no thank you.

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:37 AM
  #12
24cups1team
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamilton, Ont.
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 520
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 24cups1team
i thought he got a shutout, the way the thread title was worded.

some people really need to get off his back, just cause he went through a cold streak. I believe this is his first time truly on his own also so he's gonna have his ups and downs.

24cups1team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:39 AM
  #13
BaseballCoach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
I would prefer hearing about him when it mattered, which is clearly not the case here. Unless you want to make a case that 18 save in the AHL is breaking news?
To some people, it mattered that the last game he played, he gave up 7 goals.

So I simply posted the information on Sunday's game.

If you are ONLY interested in the AHL playoffs or in the NHL regular season, no need for you to read the info or be bothered by it.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:44 AM
  #14
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 26,386
vCash: 500
Is there gonna be a thread after each game he plays?..
If he allows 5Goals next game..

Good for the kid, but enough with these threads.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 12:47 AM
  #15
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Holy Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
To some people, it mattered that the last game he played, he gave up 7 goals.

So I simply posted the information on Sunday's game.

If you are ONLY interested in the AHL playoffs or in the NHL regular season, no need for you to read the info or be bothered by it.
It's ok, I only think people should calm down with Price either way; not worship him like he was the Messiah or not press the panic button too fast. My wish is for him to get forgotten for a while, so that he can concentrate on his game. I'll get bashed for this, but I am one of the few who hopes he stays in the AHL for the rest of the year. I really think it's better for him. Next year is another story, until then everyone should take a deep breath and relax

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:46 AM
  #16
Seb
Unregistered User
 
Seb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: England
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
But...but... He let in a goal!!!!

read the title ----> http://www.rds.ca/bulldogs/chroniques/244196.html

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:17 AM
  #17
Spectaculard
Trout104HR322RBI395R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
I agree with esticallice. This is hardly thread-worthy.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:23 AM
  #18
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
I agree with esticallice. This is hardly thread-worthy.
Yeah... Price actually let in a goal! He's no goalie in my book!

Price...

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
  #19
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Who wants to help me start planning the parade?

I think Price is better than Brodeur right now, I don't know why Gainey continues leaving Price to rot in the minors.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:11 AM
  #20
Bumjoo Wang*
 
Bumjoo Wang*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Who wants to help me start planning the parade?

I think Price is better than Brodeur right now, I don't know why Gainey continues leaving Price to rot in the minors.
Count me in! Who is this Brodeur guy anyways??


so, does this make the thread a balanced one, or do we need more radical pro-Price posts to make it even?

Bumjoo Wang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:15 AM
  #21
Spectaculard
Trout104HR322RBI395R
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the finnish flash View Post
Count me in! Who is this Brodeur guy anyways??


so, does this make the thread a balanced one, or do we need more radical pro-Price posts to make it even?
Ill be fair and make two-sided comments:

Price was incredible. Only letting 1 goal by him, behind that horrible hamilton defence?? Call him up!!!

Price was nothing special. 18 saves against some mediocre ahl team? Keep him down there until he gets some shuouts rolling.


Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:27 AM
  #22
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,509
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esticallice View Post
We didn't see thread about it either back then.

To me Kostytsyn has proven more at the NHL level than Price right now.

Maybe I'll put Price=god under my name one day, at least I hope, but not for now, no thank you.
I was comparing the two at the same age. You were trying to downplay what Price did in the AHL but Kostitsyn, who you seem to admire so, could not do anything at the same age either. Huet went 0-4 in the AHL during his stint, look at what he's doing now.

And it's KostItsyn not KostYtsyn

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:40 AM
  #23
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,328
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I heard that Carey Price's name is already engraved on the Conn Smythe trophy.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:59 AM
  #24
tritone
Registered User
 
tritone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Laval
Posts: 4,976
vCash: 500
Carey Price was seen in Montreal earlier that day, he was eating a Schwartz smoked-meat sandwhich. This has been cited as the first and most important contributing factor to his rebound performance.

When asked to comment, Price had only this small phrase "May the Schwartz be with you".

A spokesperson for the Dawgs, who wished to remain anonymous had this to say "for all those damn poutine lovers on HFBoards, if you want Jesus Price to excel in the NHL, you're going to have to change that "poutine high council" to the "Shwartz's People's Front of Habbaliciousness"

It remains unclear as to whether or not the change will happen, details at 11

tritone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 10:24 AM
  #25
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
Carey Price was seen in Montreal earlier that day, he was eating a Schwartz smoked-meat sandwhich. This has been cited as the first and most important contributing factor to his rebound performance.

When asked to comment, Price had only this small phrase "May the Schwartz be with you".

A spokesperson for the Dawgs, who wished to remain anonymous had this to say "for all those damn poutine lovers on HFBoards, if you want Jesus Price to excel in the NHL, you're going to have to change that "poutine high council" to the "Shwartz's People's Front of Habbaliciousness"

It remains unclear as to whether or not the change will happen, details at 11
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


P.S. Quit getting your info from Eklund

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.