HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marcel Hossa- Whats the deal?

Old
01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
kilo41ak

vCash: 500
Marcel Hossa- Whats the deal?

I was excited about marcel when he came into the league. I remember watching an interview on TV and the interviewer asking the final question... "who is better, you or your brother?" and He said he was and that we will find out... What in the world happened? Is it the system? Is it him? What is his problem and why aint he producing?

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:14 PM
Nich

has great defensive skills, good passing and puck possesion skills, good shot...but 0 urge to take it to the net.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:48 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Stuck in a rut, just like everyone else. He started to catch fire last year around this time I think, but that was last year. Keep the faith, this is far from over.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brother.

One brother is simply offense with a little defensive skills,
and the other is simply defense with a little offensive skills.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brothers.

together they form the best player EVER!!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
gmanwrx

Renney never gives Hossa a chance. Hossa played well when he was give ice time and didnt feel so pressure from renney to do something or he is health scratch... now that is upsetting.

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
Renney never gives Hossa a chance. Hossa played well when he was give ice time and didnt feel so pressure from renney to do something or he is health scratch... now that is upsetting.
Hossa played something like 18 straight games on the top line? How much of a chance is that?

He doesn't have enough heart and plays with little intensity.... That's his problem...

If you were a fringe NHL player and on the cusp of making $850K a year vs. $100K a year (or whatever they make in the minors), wouldn't you be playing your hardest and giving 110% night in and night out? (much like Ortmeyer)

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
BlairBettsBlocks

hossa is the one player that i want off this team

he has no hands, untill the shootout. i dont know why, but he doesnt seem to care enough unless he's 1 on 0 with the goalie where he can look cool

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
gmanwrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hossa played something like 18 straight games on the top line? How much of a chance is that?

He doesn't have enough heart and plays with little intensity.... That's his problem...

If you were a fringe NHL player and on the cusp of making $850K a year vs. $100K a year (or whatever they make in the minors), wouldn't you be playing your hardest and giving 110% night in and night out? (much like Ortmeyer)
Hossa was never an intense player to watch. before he got hurt at the end of last season he was starting to put up some #. I'm not saying he is awesome and should be on the 1st line. but with the right line mates say (dubnisky and Dawes) things could happen

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
HockeyBurd*

No offensive intensity at all. When he's aggressive and goes to the net, things happen. He never does this anymore. He just doesn't have it. Good defensive forward and PKer though.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Hossa had every chance in the world, @ the expense of peter Prucha, Hossa is a solid PKer & inbetween a 3rd & 4th liner.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
mti79

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
together they form the best player EVER!!!!
And the worst...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brother.

Marian Hossa has a bit more than "a little defensive skills." Hossa plays more short handed minutes than any forward on Atlanta (including Holik and Pascal Dupuis). It is not fair to compare the Hossas because they are in separate leagues in terms of talent and actual impact on the game.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Marian Hossa has a bit more than "a little defensive skills." Hossa plays more short handed minutes than any forward on Atlanta (including Holik and Pascal Dupuis). It is not fair to compare the Hossas because they are in separate leagues in terms of talent and actual impact on the game.
Very true, but I was basing it on Marcel's defensive game. I believe it's sub-par when being related to his.

Old
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:

What...?

Hossa's awesome defensively. Actually, this year, defense is the only thing he's been able to do well. Marian Hossa has been a fixture on the Thrashers PK for the past 3 seasons, and was also a fixture on Ottawa's second unit before the trade. Marian's defense is better than Marcel's.

Marian Hossa has a lot of offense and a lot of defense...it's just that recently, his offensive game has been weak.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
What...?

Hossa's awesome defensively. Actually, this year, defense is the only thing he's been able to do well. Marian Hossa has been a fixture on the Thrashers PK for the past 3 seasons, and was also a fixture on Ottawa's second unit before the trade.

Marian Hossa has a lot of offense and a lot of defense...it's just that recently, his offensive game has been weak.
See posts above.

Old
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
What...?

Hossa's awesome defensively. Actually, this year, defense is the only thing he's been able to do well. Marian Hossa has been a fixture on the Thrashers PK for the past 3 seasons, and was also a fixture on Ottawa's second unit before the trade. Marian's defense is better than Marcel's.

Has he gone goal-less for a long span? I checked his stats the other day, I think he was projected to get 35 goals. I know that's below that 40-45 that Atlanta hoped for, but it's not like he's going to finish with 22. At least I don't think he will. Weak is an odd word to use in reference to Marian Hossa's offensive game is all I'm saying.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Hossa was never an intense player to watch. before he got hurt at the end of last season he was starting to put up some #. I'm not saying he is awesome and should be on the 1st line. but with the right line mates say (dubnisky and Dawes) things could happen
Have you been watching this team the last 2 1/2 seasons? Hossa has had tons of opportunities with different linemates and has shown nothing more than a short stint of consistency with regards to his offense...

Hossa turns 27 this October... He has played 222 games in the league over 6 seasons and his career best is 10 goals in a season.... Prucha scored 1 short of Hossa's career total in a single season (68 games)

This team is the lowest scoring team in the league... The last thing we need is a player like Hossa on our top 3 lines trying to find offensive talent that doesn't exist....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
LIRoyals7794

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo41ak View Post
I was excited about marcel when he came into the league. I remember watching an interview on TV and the interviewer asking the final question... "who is better, you or your brother?" and He said he was and that we will find out... What in the world happened? Is it the system? Is it him? What is his problem and why aint he producing?
Trade: HOSSA, Prucha, Malik and Fire Renney.

That Helps the Rangers

LIRoyals7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
has great defensive skills, good passing and puck possesion skills, good shot...but 0 urge to take it to the net.
Marcel Hossa has those tools? REALLY???

Marcel?

?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Hossa is a near perfect 4th line left winger. kills penalties, has size, has speed, can control the puck in the offensive zone for minutes on end, and is defensively responsible.

at this point there is no excuse for him to be passed over for Hollweg. none whatsoever.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Hossa has little or no hockey sense. He has the tools, but he's just not able to use them effectively because he has to think too much in order to produce offensively. Defense can be taught--although his lack of hockey sense shows there as well--and Hossa has learned well enough to stay in the NHL, but no more than that. He's always going to be clueless.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Hossa is a near perfect 4th line left winger. kills penalties, has size, has speed, can control the puck in the offensive zone for minutes on end, and is defensively responsible.

at this point there is no excuse for him to be passed over for Hollweg. none whatsoever.
Yeah. I wouldn't mind if Hossa replaced Hollweg or Orr.

I know the fourth line has been doing well, but I just don't trust Hollweg that much. Every time he hits someone I flinch

I wouldn't trade Hossa if he's willing to accept a minor role with this team. Nothing more than that

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

That's one side of the coin. The other would be that Hossa provides no energy what so ever. Doesn't have any kind of speed or intensity. Doesn't do any significant checking. And with Betts and Orr on his line would be about as effective offensively as Hollweg... if not less. And Hossa wouldn't fight or provide any kind of physical presence. And doesn't agitate or muck it up.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Hossa has little or no hockey sense. He has the tools, but he's just not able to use them effectively because he has to think too much in order to produce offensively. Defense can be taught--although his lack of hockey sense shows there as well--and Hossa has learned well enough to stay in the NHL, but no more than that. He's always going to be clueless.
u think his brother would help him

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote