HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marcel Hossa- Whats the deal?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2008, 04:07 PM
  #1
kilo41ak
 
kilo41ak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
Country: United States
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Marcel Hossa- Whats the deal?

I was excited about marcel when he came into the league. I remember watching an interview on TV and the interviewer asking the final question... "who is better, you or your brother?" and He said he was and that we will find out... What in the world happened? Is it the system? Is it him? What is his problem and why aint he producing?

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:14 PM
  #2
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
has great defensive skills, good passing and puck possesion skills, good shot...but 0 urge to take it to the net.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:48 PM
  #3
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Stuck in a rut, just like everyone else. He started to catch fire last year around this time I think, but that was last year. Keep the faith, this is far from over.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
  #4
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brother.

One brother is simply offense with a little defensive skills,
and the other is simply defense with a little offensive skills.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 04:54 PM
  #5
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brothers.

One brother is simply offense with a little defensive skills,
and the other is simply defense with a little offensive skills.
together they form the best player EVER!!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
  #6
gmanwrx
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Renney never gives Hossa a chance. Hossa played well when he was give ice time and didnt feel so pressure from renney to do something or he is health scratch... now that is upsetting.

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:54 PM
  #7
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
Renney never gives Hossa a chance. Hossa played well when he was give ice time and didnt feel so pressure from renney to do something or he is health scratch... now that is upsetting.
Hossa played something like 18 straight games on the top line? How much of a chance is that?


He doesn't have enough heart and plays with little intensity.... That's his problem...

If you were a fringe NHL player and on the cusp of making $850K a year vs. $100K a year (or whatever they make in the minors), wouldn't you be playing your hardest and giving 110% night in and night out? (much like Ortmeyer)

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
  #8
BlairBettsBlocks
 
BlairBettsBlocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Manhattan,NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 978
vCash: 500
hossa is the one player that i want off this team

he has no hands, untill the shootout. i dont know why, but he doesnt seem to care enough unless he's 1 on 0 with the goalie where he can look cool

BlairBettsBlocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 05:59 PM
  #9
gmanwrx
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Hossa played something like 18 straight games on the top line? How much of a chance is that?


He doesn't have enough heart and plays with little intensity.... That's his problem...

If you were a fringe NHL player and on the cusp of making $850K a year vs. $100K a year (or whatever they make in the minors), wouldn't you be playing your hardest and giving 110% night in and night out? (much like Ortmeyer)
Hossa was never an intense player to watch. before he got hurt at the end of last season he was starting to put up some #. I'm not saying he is awesome and should be on the 1st line. but with the right line mates say (dubnisky and Dawes) things could happen

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:27 PM
  #10
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
No offensive intensity at all. When he's aggressive and goes to the net, things happen. He never does this anymore. He just doesn't have it. Good defensive forward and PKer though.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
  #11
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
Renney never gives Hossa a chance. Hossa played well when he was give ice time and didnt feel so pressure from renney to do something or he is health scratch... now that is upsetting.
Hossa had every chance in the world, @ the expense of peter Prucha, Hossa is a solid PKer & inbetween a 3rd & 4th liner.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
  #12
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,257
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
together they form the best player EVER!!!!
And the worst...

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:17 PM
  #13
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brother.

One brother is simply offense with a little defensive skills,
and the other is simply defense with a little offensive skills.
Marian Hossa has a bit more than "a little defensive skills." Hossa plays more short handed minutes than any forward on Atlanta (including Holik and Pascal Dupuis). It is not fair to compare the Hossas because they are in separate leagues in terms of talent and actual impact on the game.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:21 PM
  #14
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
Marian Hossa has a bit more than "a little defensive skills." Hossa plays more short handed minutes than any forward on Atlanta (including Holik and Pascal Dupuis). It is not fair to compare the Hossas because they are in separate leagues in terms of talent and actual impact on the game.
Very true, but I was basing it on Marcel's defensive game. I believe it's sub-par when being related to his.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:24 PM
  #15
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Nothing's wrong with him. He is far from the offensive threat that his brother is, and has a much better defensive game than his brother.

One brother is simply offense with a little defensive skills,
and the other is simply defense with a little offensive skills.
What...?

Hossa's awesome defensively. Actually, this year, defense is the only thing he's been able to do well. Marian Hossa has been a fixture on the Thrashers PK for the past 3 seasons, and was also a fixture on Ottawa's second unit before the trade. Marian's defense is better than Marcel's.

Marian Hossa has a lot of offense and a lot of defense...it's just that recently, his offensive game has been weak.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
  #16
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
What...?

Hossa's awesome defensively. Actually, this year, defense is the only thing he's been able to do well. Marian Hossa has been a fixture on the Thrashers PK for the past 3 seasons, and was also a fixture on Ottawa's second unit before the trade.

Marian Hossa has a lot of offense and a lot of defense...it's just that recently, his offensive game has been weak.
See posts above.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:27 PM
  #17
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,705
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S. Bach View Post
What...?

Hossa's awesome defensively. Actually, this year, defense is the only thing he's been able to do well. Marian Hossa has been a fixture on the Thrashers PK for the past 3 seasons, and was also a fixture on Ottawa's second unit before the trade. Marian's defense is better than Marcel's.

Marian Hossa has a lot of offense and a lot of defense...it's just that recently, his offensive game has been weak.
Has he gone goal-less for a long span? I checked his stats the other day, I think he was projected to get 35 goals. I know that's below that 40-45 that Atlanta hoped for, but it's not like he's going to finish with 22. At least I don't think he will. Weak is an odd word to use in reference to Marian Hossa's offensive game is all I'm saying.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:16 PM
  #18
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanwrx View Post
Hossa was never an intense player to watch. before he got hurt at the end of last season he was starting to put up some #. I'm not saying he is awesome and should be on the 1st line. but with the right line mates say (dubnisky and Dawes) things could happen
Have you been watching this team the last 2 1/2 seasons? Hossa has had tons of opportunities with different linemates and has shown nothing more than a short stint of consistency with regards to his offense...

Hossa turns 27 this October... He has played 222 games in the league over 6 seasons and his career best is 10 goals in a season.... Prucha scored 1 short of Hossa's career total in a single season (68 games)


This team is the lowest scoring team in the league... The last thing we need is a player like Hossa on our top 3 lines trying to find offensive talent that doesn't exist....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:38 PM
  #19
LIRoyals7794
 
LIRoyals7794's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo41ak View Post
I was excited about marcel when he came into the league. I remember watching an interview on TV and the interviewer asking the final question... "who is better, you or your brother?" and He said he was and that we will find out... What in the world happened? Is it the system? Is it him? What is his problem and why aint he producing?
Trade: HOSSA, Prucha, Malik and Fire Renney.

That Helps the Rangers

LIRoyals7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:41 PM
  #20
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 16,305
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
has great defensive skills, good passing and puck possesion skills, good shot...but 0 urge to take it to the net.
Marcel Hossa has those tools? REALLY???

Marcel?

?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
  #21
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,057
vCash: 500
Hossa is a near perfect 4th line left winger. kills penalties, has size, has speed, can control the puck in the offensive zone for minutes on end, and is defensively responsible.


at this point there is no excuse for him to be passed over for Hollweg. none whatsoever.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 11:04 PM
  #22
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
has great defensive skills, good passing and puck possesion skills, good shot...but 0 urge to take it to the net.
Hossa has little or no hockey sense. He has the tools, but he's just not able to use them effectively because he has to think too much in order to produce offensively. Defense can be taught--although his lack of hockey sense shows there as well--and Hossa has learned well enough to stay in the NHL, but no more than that. He's always going to be clueless.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
  #23
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Hossa is a near perfect 4th line left winger. kills penalties, has size, has speed, can control the puck in the offensive zone for minutes on end, and is defensively responsible.


at this point there is no excuse for him to be passed over for Hollweg. none whatsoever.
Yeah. I wouldn't mind if Hossa replaced Hollweg or Orr.

I know the fourth line has been doing well, but I just don't trust Hollweg that much. Every time he hits someone I flinch

I wouldn't trade Hossa if he's willing to accept a minor role with this team. Nothing more than that

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 12:58 AM
  #24
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Hossa is a near perfect 4th line left winger. kills penalties, has size, has speed, can control the puck in the offensive zone for minutes on end, and is defensively responsible.


at this point there is no excuse for him to be passed over for Hollweg. none whatsoever.
That's one side of the coin. The other would be that Hossa provides no energy what so ever. Doesn't have any kind of speed or intensity. Doesn't do any significant checking. And with Betts and Orr on his line would be about as effective offensively as Hollweg... if not less. And Hossa wouldn't fight or provide any kind of physical presence. And doesn't agitate or muck it up.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
  #25
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Hossa has little or no hockey sense. He has the tools, but he's just not able to use them effectively because he has to think too much in order to produce offensively. Defense can be taught--although his lack of hockey sense shows there as well--and Hossa has learned well enough to stay in the NHL, but no more than that. He's always going to be clueless.
u think his brother would help him

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.