HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More Disappointments...NHL Center Ice

Old
01-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Bless This Mess

vCash: 500
More Disappointments...NHL Center Ice

Not only have I been thoroughly disappointed with the Rangers play as of late, but I recently purchased Center Ice and I have been equally disappointed with it as well. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but how come it seems that very few, if any, games are on HD? For instance, the other day I received the MSG feed but the game was not shown HD, even though it was being broadcasted on MSG HD. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I have Comcast. Thanks.

Bless This Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless This Mess View Post
Not only have I been thoroughly disappointed with the Rangers play as of late, but I recently purchased Center Ice and I have been equally disappointed with it as well. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but how come it seems that very few, if any, games are on HD? For instance, the other day I received the MSG feed but the game was not shown HD, even though it was being broadcasted on MSG HD. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I have Comcast. Thanks.
Same with Time warner up here (no HD). We had issues with ours where it would jump and get pixilated for about a week and they ended up taking $20.00 off for it. Thats the first thing to date that I can recall Time warner actually going out of its way to not be a total dick.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:11 PM
MMessier11

I got the online version to watch the 12 or so blacked out games up here in central new york and turns out they black out those games anyway. every time i call them they say that shouldn't be how it is, but they can't fix it. its a joke and a half.

MMessier11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Bless This Mess

So are no Center Ice games broadcasted in HD?

Old
01-21-2008, 07:29 PM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
So are no Center Ice games broadcasted in HD?
Seems like it depends on your cable company, not on Center Ice. Ask Comcast.

Old
01-22-2008, 04:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The Center Ice feed is not available in HD.Cable provides a regional HD feed for their local teams.DIRECTV has more HD feeds because they carry the various regional sports channels in their sports pack and the HD feed of those channels.

The Rangers home games on MSG or FSNY are on HD.Not the road games.The Buffalo game was on MSG2 thus no MSG HD feed.

It's not the NHL's fault.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 06:41 AM
xnyker

I never thought it was fair that Center Ice blacked out games after a full subscription, and then have the gall to offer that same game as PPV on another channel.

xnyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnyker View Post
I never thought it was fair that Center Ice blacked out games after a full subscription, and then have the gall to offer that same game as PPV on another channel.
Your cable operator is blacking them out, not InDemand.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 08:07 AM
tailgunner

simple answer, cablevision has a hold on msgHD and they will not allow any sattelite or other cable companies to show that game in HD, it's cablevisions way of keeping the HD feed exclusive to them and thus making people subscribe to cablevision if they truly want to see the games in HD, however on feb 17 2009 all analog and mpeg 2 signals will be shutoff and EVERYTHING will be in HD so hold on another 13 months

tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 01:19 PM
xnyker

Right you are, my cable provider charged full price for Center Ice, then blacks out certain areas for certain games but offers it as Pay per view for a price. not cool

xnyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 01:25 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
i have center ice on dish network and dont have blackouts other then the sharks(because that is my local team)

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
i have had three different cable providers in NJ, PA and now in Ohio and none of the games are ever broadcast in HD.

I do get a Game HD channel which does ONE HD hockey game a week, but that is on my HD tier.

Cable does not have the bandwidth to give all the center ice games in HD.... and the picture looks pretty damn compressed compared to other digital stations... thats cause no one cares about hockey, even when you pay for it apparently...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
simple answer, cablevision has a hold on msgHD and they will not allow any sattelite or other cable companies to show that game in HD, it's cablevisions way of keeping the HD feed exclusive to them and thus making people subscribe to cablevision if they truly want to see the games in HD, however on feb 17 2009 all analog and mpeg 2 signals will be shutoff and EVERYTHING will be in HD so hold on another 13 months
If I were Cablevision,why would I want MSG HD on DIRECTV or Dish?The satellite companies have taken away so many customers away from cable.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 02:17 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
Actually that would be Digital not HD. If you have digital cable, all channels from like 80 and up are all digital channels. The quality is better than regular SD cable, but it's still not as good as HD. Just like MSG2 has a Digital channel on channel 414 on iO.

If you have an old TV it will still work if you have an digital cable box (such as through the cable company) or you have some sort of conversion kit. Newer TVs all have Digital converters in them. If they switched everything to HD then all SD TVs would be done. That's not the case, they are switching everything to digital.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Bless This Mess

For instance, last night's game was broadcast on MSG HD, but I only received the MSG feed? Is that how it will always be on Comcast?

Old
01-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Smashley

Quote:
For instance, last night's game was broadcast on MSG HD, but I only received the MSG feed? Is that how it will always be on Comcast?
Thats how it always is for Time Warner so I'd imagine that would be the same.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote