HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Help with iTunes library

Old
01-22-2008, 07:01 AM
bib
#believe

vCash: 500
OT: Help with iTunes library

So, here's what happened. My computer froze up, so I had to manually shut it down. When I restarted it and opened up my iTunes, everything was gone. Is anybody familiar with this issues? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:12 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
So, here's what happened. My computer froze up, so I had to manually shut it down. When I restarted it and opened up my iTunes, everything was gone. Is anybody familiar with this issues? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
No, everything is not gone.

iTunes's library is based off wherever you imported your music from.
The music is still on the computer, just look for it.

But I must admit, that's odd.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
bib
#believe

I know it's not gone, I could still import the same music, but more likely than not all the information that I spent so much time on will be lost (just basically having everything tagged correctly) anyhow, I just hope I can get it right back to where it was before.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Turbo

I'm not sure exactly how iTunes works because I know it has some form of database management system to help it sort & speed things up (I'm personally not a fan and use alternate software to communicate with my ipod, but that's for another day) - tagging is typically done directly within the mp3 or ac3 files as long as normal ID3 tagging methods are used. The files should be intact on your hard drive somewhere. You can use a piece of software like Tag&Rename to check their ID3 tag content (and re-tag them in batch, in the even it was never written in there).

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 08:33 AM
habfan4

Your library is still intact, but you'll have to import it again. This article appears to be what you're after - Apple Link

In terms of lost information, what were you using to tag your library? There are plenty of third party apps that look for song titles, cover art etc...

Last edited by habfan4: 01-22-2008 at 08:40 AM.
habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote