HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Speculation out of Washington..

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 01:02 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

vCash: 500
Reports out of Washington..

Reports out of Washington say that goaltender Olaf Kolzig along with swedish defenceman Josef Boumedienne may have been/or might be traded during the current game between the Capitals and Flyers. It's not confirmed or anything, but Olaf Kolzig was suppose to start tonight, but did not, and Josef Boumedienne was scratched at the last minute, leaving Washington with only 5 defencemen tonight.

Possibilities:
Vancouver: After trading Slegr, the Canucks don't have a seventh defenseman who can log decent icetime (Brookbank is just a goon), and there have been rumors circulating around Kolzig for Cloutier.

New York: Malakhov is injured, as well as Dunham. In fact this makes more sense than Vancouver, so scratch the Vancouver idea.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:03 AM
John Flyers Fan

There was a 2-page thread about this, and it vanished.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:05 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
There was a 2-page thread about this, and it vanished.
I thought I was drunk and imagined it. Been looking for that thread all game.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:05 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

^well if I saw that thread I wouldnt have posted this :mad:

Old
01-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Peter Griffin

The Ranger idea makes sense considering Dunham is out, the Rangers need some more depth on defense, and after their ass kicking at the hands of the Sens last night, Sather needs to do something to improve his team's defense. The Canucks idea makes 0 sense, in fact it makes -1 sense.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:06 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

More fuel to the fire... Boumer's last minute scratch left the Caps with 5 defensemen for the Philly game. It was actually only 1 defenseman in Brendan Witt, but you know what I mean. Kolzig also didn't seem to be his usual happy/energetic self in the interview between the 2nd and 3rd periods. He had the demeanor of an unofficial captain who had been sent away from the only team he has ever played for.

Kind of sad anticipation tonight.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:07 AM
blah

Back OnT if a dman was involved it looks like the Rangers are involved if true.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:11 AM
OpinionatedMike

Yet they still dressed 20 players in the game???
Peat is actully dressed and listed as a forward but he can play defence.
Kip Miller is riding the bench tonight.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:11 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
They just showed Kolzig sitting on the bench. If he was traded he wouldn't be there

Old
01-26-2004, 01:12 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
NYR or Philly makes sense

Vancouver no

Chicago dark horse

Old
01-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Peter Griffin

I wonder what might be involved from the Rangers(if they have been traded)? I'd assume that the Rangers would want to send either Dunham or Markkanen to the Caps? Could a young player such as Jamie Lundmark or Domenic Moore be involved? Draft picks? Or would this be a straight salary dump for the Caps?

Old
01-26-2004, 01:14 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
They just showed Kolzig sitting on the bench. If he was traded he wouldn't be there
Why not? It's not like he's playing. The deal could'v been reached just before the game or during the game. Or they could be working on the deal right now. We do know that Kolzig was expected to start tonight but was made the back-up at last minute. That isn't a normal occurence considering Kolzig appears to be just fine healthwise. Wouldn't surprise me to see a Kolzig trade announced in the next 24 hours.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:16 AM
blah

Maybe they didn't want to announce Kolzig was gone before the game, they are playing in DC.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:17 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Why not? It's not like he's playing. The deal could'v been reached just before the game or during the game. Or they could be working on the deal right now. We do know that Kolzig was expected to start tonight but was made the back-up at last minute. That isn't a normal occurence considering Kolzig appears to be just fine healthwise. Wouldn't surprise me to see a Kolzig trade announced in the next 24 hours.
Also remember that Kolzig has been with this team for a long time and he is a leader in the locker room. I'd guess he'd want to say goodbyes to players like Bondra, Witt, and Halpern. Also I think Hanlon was his coach in both the AHL and the NHL.

And if it was indeed the flu, wouldn't he be a little more quarrantined from the rest of the team? Just a thought.

Old
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
A team has to dress two goalies--

usually if a trade of this size(Ollie the goalie is a starting g-man with some stats) the canadian media would be all over it--not a singe blip on the radar tonight so far

Old
Gags1288

I know it's not likely anything happened, especially considering that Kolzig is on the bench, but based on the rumor of Hackett and Therien for Kolzig, it would make sense that Washington would throw in a D-man based on the flyers injuries, it would be necessary that a d-man was coming the other way to fill in for the time being. Just a thought, though I know it's not likely.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

i need a link for this, i'm not going to let 'reports out of ..." be the basis for a thread that isn't making a whirl anyways

Old
01-26-2004, 01:20 AM
Peter Griffin

Excellent points CapsFan and jumptheshark. Every team is required to dress two goalies, pehaps the Caps reached a deal, at or before the game and didn't have enough time to get a replacement. And if Kolzig is traded, I'm sure the Caps would allow him to have his last goodbyes with the fans, team, management etc. He's been a very good player for the organization.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:20 AM
sensfan18

Please lord let him be dealt, I have him in my hockey pools and he carries little to no value with the caps.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:21 AM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Here's some crap that i've thought out in my head.

Umberger
Federov
Cloutier
+picks

All head to Washington.

Bondra
Kolzig

Both head to Vancouver.

Washington let Cloutier walk in the off season, resign bondra+Kolzig. Has something like this ever happened before?

It's all a possiblity!!!

Old
01-26-2004, 01:24 AM
blah

Quote:
i need a link for this, i'm not going to let 'reports out of ..." be the basis for a thread that isn't making a whirl anyways
Change the thread subject to WSH speculation or something then.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:24 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

bondra is going to want too much from brian burke. i dont think brian burke will be able to get him to do what Bertuzzi, Jovo and Naslund did, take paycuts

Old
01-26-2004, 01:26 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
bondra is going to want too much from brian burke. i dont think brian burke will be able to get him to do what Bertuzzi, Jovo and Naslund did, take paycuts

Bondra has a team option for next year in his contract I believe. Besides, if the Canucks were to acquire Bondra, it would be as a playoff rental. I don't think Burke would have much interest in re-signing Bondra at his age.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:26 AM
LaVal

there is about a 0% possibility of Kolzig coming to Vancouver... especially for Cloutier.

for starters what's remaining on Kolzig's contract is more than what Cloutier makes an entire season. and why after years of committing to Cloutier would they trade him away as he's starting to fill his potential? not to mention Vancouver would be left with two goaltenders who would become unrestricted at seasons end. an Auld/Moss tandem next season? i doubt it.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:27 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Bondra has a team option for next year in his contract I believe. Besides, if the Canucks were to acquire Bondra, it would be as a playoff rental. I don't think Burke would have much interest in re-signing Bondra at his age.
Bondra will go back to Washington next season. If he's dealt it'll be to give him a chance at a Cup.

Closed Thread