HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wanted: Power Play

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2004, 05:44 AM
Mark O

vCash: 500
Wanted: Power Play

Wanted: Personnel for power play. Only experienced need apply. Must not be afraid to shoot the puck or get in front of the net. Submit resume to: Bruce Landon, Springfield Falcons. I write this after the Falcons went a pathetic 1 for 11 (that's ONE for ELEVEN, folks), in Sunday's 3-2 loss to Philadelphia.

Old
01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O
Wanted: Personnel for power play. Only experienced need apply. Must not be afraid to shoot the puck or get in front of the net. Submit resume to: Bruce Landon, Springfield Falcons. I write this after the Falcons went a pathetic 1 for 11 (that's ONE for ELEVEN, folks), in Sunday's 3-2 loss to Philadelphia.
All the able applicants have already sent their resume to the Carolina Hurricanes. Last I saw they were 0 in their last 20 and 1 for 31 recently.

Old
01-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Doug

Wanted: Sunday, April 11, 2004

It couldn't possibly arrive any sooner for this team. Anything is possible in the AHL, where missing the playoffs is quite an accomplishment in itself, but with the Falcons being 11 points out of a playoff spot and showing no signs of improvement, I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that the Falcons are headed nowhere (well, except for some early spring golfing, perhaps).

The only good news - or perhaps bad news - is that 11 of the team's next 13 games are at home.

Old
02-01-2004, 01:23 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
Tom Koivisto of Worchester could perhaps help out there... Awesome righty shot with really nice mobility. Can't do anything defensively but is a wizard offensively when he wants to.

Old
02-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Doug

Just to update the dismal situation in Springfield. The Falcons lost both of their games this weekend - both at home. Worcester (St. Louis) beat Springfield, 2-1, on Friday. Last night, Lowell (Carolina/Calgary) improved to 6-0 on the season versus the Falcons with a 3-1 win. They outshot Springfield, 39-20. Springfield, which has the worst record in the AHL (14-26-5-2 -- 35 pts.) is now 13 points behind Lowell, which has two games in hand, for the final playoff spot in the Atlantic Division.

And let's not forget about the fizzleless Pepsi Power Play! After an 0-for-4 showing on the power play on Friday, the Falcons went 0-for-7 last night, including a lengthy five-on-three advantage. Springfield's power play now stands at (drumroll, please) at 9.59 percent (21-for-219)!! Un-friggen-believeable.

Thankfully, the Falcons can't get any worse until Friday, when they play next and host Manchester (LA Kings). Hartford (NY Rangers) invades Springfield (and I mean invade as there will probably be more Hartford fans than Springfield fans) on Saturday. After that, a home-and-home series with the AHL's best team, Bridgeport (NY Islanders), awaits the Falcons.

As I said last week, April 11 can't arrive any sooner.

Old
02-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Mark O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Just to update the dismal situation in Springfield. The Falcons lost both of their games this weekend - both at home. Worcester (St. Louis) beat Springfield, 2-1, on Friday. Last night, Lowell (Carolina/Calgary) improved to 6-0 on the season versus the Falcons with a 3-1 win. They outshot Springfield, 39-20. Springfield, which has the worst record in the AHL (14-26-5-2 -- 35 pts.) is now 13 points behind Lowell, which has two games in hand, for the final playoff spot in the Atlantic Division.

And let's not forget about the fizzleless Pepsi Power Play! After an 0-for-4 showing on the power play on Friday, the Falcons went 0-for-7 last night, including a lengthy five-on-three advantage. Springfield's power play now stands at (drumroll, please) at 9.59 percent (21-for-219)!! Un-friggen-believeable.

Thankfully, the Falcons can't get any worse until Friday, when they play next and host Manchester (LA Kings). Hartford (NY Rangers) invades Springfield (and I mean invade as there will probably be more Hartford fans than Springfield fans) on Saturday. After that, a home-and-home series with the AHL's best team, Bridgeport (NY Islanders), awaits the Falcons.

As I said last week, April 11 can't arrive any sooner.

Doug, I couldn't have said it any better. And let's not forget the foolish penalty taken by Kolanos in the final minute which negated any chance of pulling Pelletier. You guessed it, folks; Lowell scored on that power play. The team was supposed to sign posters which were given out at the gate, but I don't think too many took advantage of that opportunity.

Closed Thread