HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
  #301
Thewbacca
Registered User
 
Thewbacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Thewbacca Send a message via MSN to Thewbacca
any of you guys watch Venture Brothers on Cartoon Network? The new episodes for season 3 have just been hillarious. Brock Sampson!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ajocXQg445s&feature=related

Thewbacca is offline  
Old
07-22-2008, 11:23 AM
  #302
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
So anyway, I came close to becoming an ex-mod yesterday.

New gas grill...bought a propane tank at an exchange location...911 was called.

Family wasn't home at the time, I'd closed the dog indoors "just in case" when I went to start the thing. And the fire was out before the fire department arrived. They blamed a huge buildup of dirt in the supposedly "ready for use" propane tank's valve area. Grill's unusable now. Got my money back on the tank, now I need to get the money for my grill.

*sigh* - I told my wife in the first place I was uncomfortable cooking with propane. Now that's been reinforced

I'd been as cautious as hell before getting started and was following the grill's instructions step by step and double checking everything...but when I hit the ignitor, it was the tank that ignited, not the burners.

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
07-22-2008, 05:28 PM
  #303
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
So anyway, I came close to becoming an ex-mod yesterday.

New gas grill...bought a propane tank at an exchange location...911 was called.

Family wasn't home at the time, I'd closed the dog indoors "just in case" when I went to start the thing. And the fire was out before the fire department arrived. They blamed a huge buildup of dirt in the supposedly "ready for use" propane tank's valve area. Grill's unusable now. Got my money back on the tank, now I need to get the money for my grill.

*sigh* - I told my wife in the first place I was uncomfortable cooking with propane. Now that's been reinforced

I'd been as cautious as hell before getting started and was following the grill's instructions step by step and double checking everything...but when I hit the ignitor, it was the tank that ignited, not the burners.
Wow. That happened to my dad about 10 years ago. We were having a family/friends grill in our backyard and he didn't let the propane grill air out long enough, or something. He went down there with a match and then I heard all the way from inside the house...

BOOM!

An hour later he was in the hospital with burns all over his face, arms and chest. Singed off his eyebrows, his beard, and even had a freaking sunburn on his chest where his button down shirt wasn't covering his skin.

They put him on Ox for a week or two, if I remember correctly. Scary stuff

Hope your a-okay, Cadmus.

Clint is offline  
Old
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
  #304
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
Nothing shaken but my pride and my faith in propane gas. Hank Hill would be highly disappointed with me

Luckily my overly cautious nature and my dedicated guardian angel were both working overtime.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
07-22-2008, 09:03 PM
  #305
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Geez, Alan, I'm glad you made it through that accident safely.

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
07-22-2008, 09:47 PM
  #306
Rattrick
Registered User
 
Rattrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
So anyway, I came close to becoming an ex-mod yesterday.

New gas grill...bought a propane tank at an exchange location...911 was called.

Family wasn't home at the time, I'd closed the dog indoors "just in case" when I went to start the thing. And the fire was out before the fire department arrived. They blamed a huge buildup of dirt in the supposedly "ready for use" propane tank's valve area. Grill's unusable now. Got my money back on the tank, now I need to get the money for my grill.

*sigh* - I told my wife in the first place I was uncomfortable cooking with propane. Now that's been reinforced

I'd been as cautious as hell before getting started and was following the grill's instructions step by step and double checking everything...but when I hit the ignitor, it was the tank that ignited, not the burners.
That's crazy man! Glad you're alright and nothing more serious happened. We've had 2 near catastrophes here from our members in the past few weeks.

Rattrick is offline  
Old
07-23-2008, 07:42 AM
  #307
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
So anyway, I came close to becoming an ex-mod yesterday.

New gas grill...bought a propane tank at an exchange location...911 was called.

Family wasn't home at the time, I'd closed the dog indoors "just in case" when I went to start the thing. And the fire was out before the fire department arrived. They blamed a huge buildup of dirt in the supposedly "ready for use" propane tank's valve area. Grill's unusable now. Got my money back on the tank, now I need to get the money for my grill.

*sigh* - I told my wife in the first place I was uncomfortable cooking with propane. Now that's been reinforced

I'd been as cautious as hell before getting started and was following the grill's instructions step by step and double checking everything...but when I hit the ignitor, it was the tank that ignited, not the burners.
Wow! Thank God you're ok!! I've never known that to happen to anyone, but I can only imagine how scary that must have been.

Lola is offline  
Old
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
  #308
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Wow, didn't realize you had to make sure those things were clean inside. Glad you and your house is OK.

Clint, glad your dad only had that damage done. Could have been worse.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
07-24-2008, 07:48 AM
  #309
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Finally got in touch with the company that filled the tank...TODAY, three days later. Been difficult...so I just found out that the manager who will be handling my claim is actually the fire chief in a nearby village in the neighboring town! Fer cryin' out loud!

Anyway, might save me some legwork since he'll likely know the fire chief for my town who was the first guy to respond when I called in the emergency...with two cops in tow - they were following him because he failed to pull over when he was responding to the emergency call. Did you know it's not legal (at least in Vermont) for firefighters to speed when responding to an emergency call?

They didn't ticket him or even bother him about it, really, since they saw he was responding to a serious emergency that could have required a speedy response, but still...

Acadmus is offline  
Old
07-24-2008, 08:20 PM
  #310
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Finally got in touch with the company that filled the tank...TODAY, three days later. Been difficult...so I just found out that the manager who will be handling my claim is actually the fire chief in a nearby village in the neighboring town! Fer cryin' out loud!

Anyway, might save me some legwork since he'll likely know the fire chief for my town who was the first guy to respond when I called in the emergency...with two cops in tow - they were following him because he failed to pull over when he was responding to the emergency call. Did you know it's not legal (at least in Vermont) for firefighters to speed when responding to an emergency call?

They didn't ticket him or even bother him about it, really, since they saw he was responding to a serious emergency that could have required a speedy response, but still...
Wow! Reminds me of some of the laws in Broward a few years ago. Soemthing about it being OK to be a police officer in Palm Beach at 18 and thus having a sidearm, but it was illiegal to have a gun under the age of 21, or something like that. Read it in the Sentinel.

Hopefully everything continues to work itself out. Sounds like you live out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the country, not Vermont. I guess you live in a pretty small town, too.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
07-25-2008, 05:16 AM
  #311
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Wow! Reminds me of some of the laws in Broward a few years ago. Soemthing about it being OK to be a police officer in Palm Beach at 18 and thus having a sidearm, but it was illiegal to have a gun under the age of 21, or something like that. Read it in the Sentinel.

Hopefully everything continues to work itself out. Sounds like you live out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the country, not Vermont. I guess you live in a pretty small town, too.
There's nothing but small towns in Vermont. Burlington's the biggest city, and I don't think it's even topped 70,000 yet. If South Burlington were still a part of it it would be around 80,000, but that's it. The entire state's population is about 620,000. Maybe 630,000 now - can't remember if it was up in the last census.

And imagine - a little over 100 years ago Vermont had around 1.2 million people...frankly I'd prefer if Vermont today had about 200,000 less - all the hippies and trust fund babies that began moving here in the 60s and who have completely ruined the state for the rest of us.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
07-27-2008, 07:18 PM
  #312
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Oh...Yeah ;)
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,555
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Hey guys, some of you may have been wondering where I've been (or maybe you haven't but I like to think you guys have lol). Well mostly, I'm glad to say the reason I've been more absent than normal is I have a new girlfriend She's not a hockey fan, mostly just a Gators fan but I'll hopefully get her into it eventually. Been going out for about a month now and it's been awesome.

Race, heck of a story, it's charcoal for you from now on.

So sorry I haven't been around quite as much as normal, though the offseason is a bit slow around this time anyway. Plus my desire to get into the very idea of losing a popular defenseman I shall not name here is just not something I want to get into too much. I guess I have some blind hope (and faith) with that kind of stuff.

Rest assured though, I've already started coming up with some fun GDT titles and concepts for the upcoming season.

__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
07-28-2008, 07:43 AM
  #313
Clint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Hey guys, some of you may have been wondering where I've been (or maybe you haven't but I like to think you guys have lol). Well mostly, I'm glad to say the reason I've been more absent than normal is I have a new girlfriend She's not a hockey fan, mostly just a Gators fan but I'll hopefully get her into it eventually. Been going out for about a month now and it's been awesome.

Race, heck of a story, it's charcoal for you from now on.

So sorry I haven't been around quite as much as normal, though the offseason is a bit slow around this time anyway. Plus my desire to get into the very idea of losing a popular defenseman I shall not name here is just not something I want to get into too much. I guess I have some blind hope (and faith) with that kind of stuff.

Rest assured though, I've already started coming up with some fun GDT titles and concepts for the upcoming season.
Who are you?

I'm sorry, I had to.

Clint is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
  #314
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Hey guys, some of you may have been wondering where I've been (or maybe you haven't but I like to think you guys have lol). Well mostly, I'm glad to say the reason I've been more absent than normal is I have a new girlfriend She's not a hockey fan, mostly just a Gators fan but I'll hopefully get her into it eventually. Been going out for about a month now and it's been awesome.

Race, heck of a story, it's charcoal for you from now on.

So sorry I haven't been around quite as much as normal, though the offseason is a bit slow around this time anyway. Plus my desire to get into the very idea of losing a popular defenseman I shall not name here is just not something I want to get into too much. I guess I have some blind hope (and faith) with that kind of stuff.

Rest assured though, I've already started coming up with some fun GDT titles and concepts for the upcoming season.
Congrats, how're things going?

Laus723 is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 04:32 PM
  #315
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Likely nothing, but...

Ivy has a 'lump of fatty tissue' in her right breast area that her doctor is concerned about enough to have a sonogram done for it. Guess she goes in the next couple of weeks for it. Could just be that she's experiencing something that babies sometimes go through that apparently is some sort of hyper-early maturity thing that will run it's course and won't be a big deal (I guess he said), or it could be cancerous. The latter has us obviously concerned, but the doctors have said they're really just being precautious and don't think it's anything.

Damnit. My wife and I are more than fine, but it's still concerning. You just want to pull whatever it could be and put it in yourself. Mess with me, not my kid.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 08:06 PM
  #316
ratmanfu
Registered User
 
ratmanfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Ivy has a 'lump of fatty tissue' in her right breast area that her doctor is concerned about enough to have a sonogram done for it. Guess she goes in the next couple of weeks for it. Could just be that she's experiencing something that babies sometimes go through that apparently is some sort of hyper-early maturity thing that will run it's course and won't be a big deal (I guess he said), or it could be cancerous. The latter has us obviously concerned, but the doctors have said they're really just being precautious and don't think it's anything.

Damnit. My wife and I are more than fine, but it's still concerning. You just want to pull whatever it could be and put it in yourself. Mess with me, not my kid.

Anyway, I'll keep everyone updated.
I'm so sorry to hear about this, RT. Hopefully, it is a benign condition for your little Ivy.

In any event, my prayers are with your family.

ratmanfu is offline  
Old
08-12-2008, 10:37 PM
  #317
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about this, RT. Hopefully, it is a benign condition for your little Ivy.

In any event, my prayers are with your family.
Thanks Louis. As I said, I'm sure it's nothing, but it still messes with your head. I appreciate your thoughts.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 07:22 AM
  #318
Lola
Future Panthers
 
Lola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Central Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,032
vCash: 500
How scary, Laus! I'll definitely say a prayer for Ivy! Keep us updated.

Lola is offline  
Old
08-13-2008, 08:27 AM
  #319
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
My prayers are with you as well, rt - hopefully it will prove to be nothing to worry about.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
08-14-2008, 05:54 PM
  #320
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
thanks everyone. Apparently, it's not at all the hyper-adolescence(sp) thing, and from what I've heard, thankfully. However, it's either an area that will go completely away or there's a slight chance it could be cancerous. Apparently, everything was being jumpbled together in my head after heard 'I'm a little concerned.'

Laus723 is offline  
Old
08-15-2008, 07:06 AM
  #321
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race against NINE View Post
So anyway, I came close to becoming an ex-mod yesterday.

New gas grill...bought a propane tank at an exchange location...911 was called.

Family wasn't home at the time, I'd closed the dog indoors "just in case" when I went to start the thing. And the fire was out before the fire department arrived. They blamed a huge buildup of dirt in the supposedly "ready for use" propane tank's valve area. Grill's unusable now. Got my money back on the tank, now I need to get the money for my grill.

*sigh* - I told my wife in the first place I was uncomfortable cooking with propane. Now that's been reinforced

I'd been as cautious as hell before getting started and was following the grill's instructions step by step and double checking everything...but when I hit the ignitor, it was the tank that ignited, not the burners.
Is this an accurate picture of what happened? Glad your okay Race!



Beezer is offline  
Old
08-15-2008, 07:13 AM
  #322
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
thanks everyone. Apparently, it's not at all the hyper-adolescence(sp) thing, and from what I've heard, thankfully. However, it's either an area that will go completely away or there's a slight chance it could be cancerous. Apparently, everything was being jumpbled together in my head after heard 'I'm a little concerned.'
Our prayers are with you too Rt. I hope everything is going to be ok with Ivy. She is a great kid. We are here for you guys if you need us for anything! Please keep us all updated. LOL!

Beezer is offline  
Old
08-15-2008, 07:39 AM
  #323
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Is this an accurate picture of what happened? Glad your okay Race!


No, not quite - that picture would be if the grill exploded in my face - in my incident, the grill never ignited - the propane tank did...and I was luckily unharmed, as was my deck. Only the grill and propane tank suffered. I'm still waiting to hear back from the insurance company for the propane tank. I forgot to bring my information to try calling them back - I'll have to do it Monday.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
08-15-2008, 07:44 AM
  #324
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
I know it's probably no news to anyone there, but I've been watching this Invest 92L in the Atlantic for most of this week, and it looks like it's intent on becoming a tropical depression and may develop into a hurricane (that part's not clear until they see what track it takes) - it's currently tracking right across the Carribbean islands and most models have it coming in the general direction of southern Florida, with two aiming it right at the state.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...892_model.html

Acadmus is offline  
Old
08-15-2008, 02:26 PM
  #325
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,417
vCash: 500
Hey, for those guys from the Panthers board that are GMs in Simplaying:

The forums crashed - I've e-mailed justapantherfan hoping he actually is checking his e-mail and will make whatever calls need to be made to get things back up - doesn't look like that'll happen anytime soon.

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix a database issue when all I've access to is his FTP root directory, then by all means let me know.

Acadmus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.