HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Would it be ok for me to get the word out about my friend's band? Their new CD went on sale today, and they're having a one-day only sale tomorrow.

The band is called, "Pillar", and the name of the CD is, "For the Love of the Game". It totally rocks. It's their best CD yet.

You can buy it on sale tomorrow here - http://www.musichristian.com/refer/pl227/pillar
I hope that it sells well for them.

Old
03-02-2008, 11:13 AM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
im So bored.

Last edited by I May Be Wrong: 03-02-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate The Great View Post
im So bored.
I'm hung over and doing laundry.

Old
03-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I'm hung over and doing laundry.
I am doing laundry too. Today is the first day of 2008 that temps here have gotten above 60. It's a balmy 61 and the sun is shining. The neighborhood kids are out playing football in the street. The snow has mostly melted and it looks like my lawn is starting to green back up and revive itself. Heaven.

Old
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Happy Girl

The parent company of the company that laid me off last April announced on Thursday an $11B write off. Plus they've been reprimanded for some of their accounting practices. Now their stock price is taking a hit. Karma's a *****.

Old
03-04-2008, 07:46 PM
I May Be Wrong
Could Be Right?

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
The parent company of the company that laid me off last April announced on Thursday an $11B write off. Plus they've been reprimanded for some of their accounting practices. Now their stock price is taking a hit. Karma's a *****.
LMAO yes, yes it is.

Old
03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Happy Girl

LOL - it was 70 degrees and sunny here on Monday and today we're under a winter storm warning and have 4" of snow with another 8 - 12 inches on its way. On a happier note, my doctor called today with my cholesterol results. It was 180, which is good. In November it was 250 so that is good.

Old
03-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
LOL - it was 70 degrees and sunny here on Monday and today we're under a winter storm warning and have 4" of snow with another 8 - 12 inches on its way. On a happier note, my doctor called today with my cholesterol results. It was 180, which is good. In November it was 250 so that is good.
Geez, I'd think you were living here in Vermont We had temps near 50 today and will have that big winter storm moving through tonight through Sunday morning, and then the deep freeze on Sunday through to Monday.

On a positive note, the tulips I planted last fall are starting to come up. I'm glad because I know nothing about them, and thought they'd come up two weeks after I planted them last fall...and figured it was $14 down the drain when they didn't.

03-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Geez, I'd think you were living here in Vermont We had temps near 50 today and will have that big winter storm moving through tonight through Sunday morning, and then the deep freeze on Sunday through to Monday.

On a positive note, the tulips I planted last fall are starting to come up. I'm glad because I know nothing about them, and thought they'd come up two weeks after I planted them last fall...and figured it was $14 down the drain when they didn't.
We haven't gotten this much snow in like 10 years. Ha. Bulbs such as tulips, hyacinth, daffodils, you must plant in fall and they come up in spring. I am surprised they are coming up since I've yet to see any here.

Old
03-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

The last 9 months of learning how to ice skate has finally paid off for Cam. We still have him enrolled in the "Learn to Skate" classes, but immediately following that class is the "Learn to Skate Hockey" class. So he essentially skates for 2 hours every Saturday now. Between sessions (5 minutes) I fed him some protein bars because I know how taxing it is on the body to be on skates that long - nevermind the fact he's only 5 years old.

Anyway, he did amazing. He is easily the youngest and smallest kid out there. I was a little nervous as to how he would do with the older kids, but he held his own and then some. His skating still needs to improve, but his stick-handling skills were amazing...especially for a five year old! Even the coach was impressed. He was passing the puck off the backhand, and doing a "spin-o-rama" to pass from the forehand. All those puck marks on my walls weren't for nothing so it would seem.

Anyway, here are some pics. We are so incredibly proud of him:

He's the littlest one (third from the left):

Old
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Wow Lola, it's incredible that he's doing so well. I still laugh pretty hard when I hear about him smackin pucks into your wall, but hey, that's how great players start!

Can't wait to watch him, we'll be there in 3 weeks!

03-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Acadmus

Well, I was worried going into this season that the University of Vermont men's hockey team was in for a long and humiliating season, as the team had a ton of freshmen, especially on defense, and was mostly lower classmen in general. Especially when Joe Fallon struggled in net early on.

Last night they beat UNH for the first time since joining Hockey East, having already secured 3rd place and home ice in the playoffs for the first time since God knows when - probably 1997. Not that the first round will be easy, as they draw Northeastern in the first round, against whom they were 1-1-1 this season. But still - much much better than I could ever have anticipated. If the team finds another top netminding recruit, this current group could make waves in a year or two. Toronto is going to be very happy with the development of Viktor Stahlberg, I think, and Wahsontiio Stacey has come along nicely as an offensive force, too. And the dmen, while not really standing out, probably have been even better for that fact.

Got the fingers crossed that the team makes the Hockey East Finals

Old
03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Well, I was worried going into this season that the University of Vermont men's hockey team was in for a long and humiliating season, as the team had a ton of freshmen, especially on defense, and was mostly lower classmen in general. Especially when Joe Fallon struggled in net early on.

Last night they beat UNH for the first time since joining Hockey East, having already secured 3rd place and home ice in the playoffs for the first time since God knows when - probably 1997. Not that the first round will be easy, as they draw Northeastern in the first round, against whom they were 1-1-1 this season. But still - much much better than I could ever have anticipated. If the team finds another top netminding recruit, this current group could make waves in a year or two. Toronto is going to be very happy with the development of Viktor Stahlberg, I think, and Wahsontiio Stacey has come along nicely as an offensive force, too. And the dmen, while not really standing out, probably have been even better for that fact.

Got the fingers crossed that the team makes the Hockey East Finals
I am hoping that Ryan Jones can clinch the Hobey and the Redskins opps I mean RedHawks can take care of those pesky fighting irish tomorrow. I wish they played the CCHA championship series somewhere other than the Joe. The whole freaking building is so pro michigan, it's like a damn home game for UM and MSU. Go Miami! Stick it to ND. The only good thing is that all of those UM fans hate Notre Dame more than I do.

Old
03-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Happy Girl

Wow - ND gave us quite a challenge but thank goodness we pulled it out in OT. yay! Go Miami!

Old
03-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Happy Girl

Should be a tough game tonight for the Mason Cup. Miami vs. Michigan. Yay! Go Miami!

Old
03-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Acadmus

Wow, I'm psyched!! UVM beat BU last night 3-1 and is going to the Hockey East Final against BC, which offed UNH 5-4 in OT

UVM can actually win this game...nothing's a guarantee, but they split with BC this season like they had with BU, so it's a very winable game!

And a win means an automatic NCAA Tourney berth, and even a loss gives them a shot, since they were right there in a three-way tie for 16th in the last pairwise rankings going into the HE playoffs.

Great and unexpected season...and Kevin Sneddon wins HE Coach of the Year, btw

Old
03-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Happy Girl

blech michigan ... muck fichigan. i hate the wolverines.

Old
03-23-2008, 03:09 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
blech michigan ... muck fichigan. i hate the wolverines.
Same boat, here. UVM loses 4-0 to BC in the final. No NCAA Tournament, either.

The Cats always lose when you think they're most able to win

Old
03-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:

Sorry - that sucks. At least Miami will still make the NCAA tourney. muck fichigan.

Old
03-23-2008, 09:48 AM
zeroG

Quote:

hmm... i saw the BU game and, while i was pulling for them, i wouldn't have given them a snowball's chance against BC - every time i turned the game on, they were hemmed in and though BU kept taking penalties, UVM was doing well just to get out of their own end with the man advantage (i think they went 0-6 with 0 shots on the PP). i missed the quick back to back goals and much of the game before that so perhaps they were reallly just sitting on their lead?

any chance UVM gets an at-large bid (do they give at large bids in D1 hockey)?

Old
03-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Happy Girl

So Miami will be taking on Air Force in the NCAA. go Miami!

Albany (East)
No. 1 Michigan vs. No. 4 Niagara
No. 2 St. Cloud State vs. No. 3 Clarkson

Colorado Springs (West)
No. 1 New Hampshire vs. No. 4 Notre Dame
No. 2 Colorado College vs. No. 3 Michigan State

Madison (Midwest)
No. 1 North Dakota vs. No. 4 Princeton
No. 2 Denver vs. No. 3 Wisconsin

Worcester (Northeast)
No. 1 Miami vs. No. 4 Air Force
No. 2 Boston College vs. No. 3 Minnesota

Last edited by Happy Girl: 03-23-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old
03-23-2008, 05:03 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
I wish UM had a hockey team :[

Old
03-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Happy Girl

I am worried about the NCAAs. We didn't score much in the CCHA playoff and we've not done welll previously in the NCAAs. I would really like to see Miami have some success this year.

Old
03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
Speaking of Miami(Ohio), They are probably in the top 5 of where I want to apply for college.

Top 20 in Business college (plan to major in Sports Management)
Located in a nice area with a nice campus.
Located somewhere on the East Coast

Happy Girl, are you familiar with the school? If you are, could you give me details about it?

Old
03-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats Gambler View Post
Speaking of Miami(Ohio), They are probably in the top 5 of where I want to apply for college.

Top 20 in Business college (plan to major in Sports Management)
Located in a nice area with a nice campus.
Located somewhere on the East Coast

Happy Girl, are you familiar with the school? If you are, could you give me details about it?
I graduated from Miami University in 1994. Miami is an amazing school, it's one of the "public ivies," it's a beautiful campus in a small town, Oxford,OH; but it still provides you with a strong, large university academic program with small college attention. It has one of the top business schools in the nation. We have several US presidents included in our alumni.

What I really liked about Miami, compared to the other universities I looked at (Notre Dame, Penn State, Ohio State, University of Miami (FL) and Northwestern) was the strength of the academics and focus on interning and applying the theory you learned along with the smaller class size on the advanced level courses. Too many of the other programs seemed very theory based which is great if you want to go on and get your Masters but not so ideal if you want to go into the workforce. I have also worked with and hired several Miami grads and I can tell you that they come out of college far better prepared for the work environment than other fresh out of college grads.

Plus our hockey team is amazing! Greek life is huge on campus. We have a great sports/rec center, D1 football, baseball, basketball, etc... You are 30 miles away from Cincinnati, OH, close to 2 major airports, Cincinnati and Dayton.

PM me with whatever questions you have and I would be happy to answer them for you.

Closed Thread