HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
hmm... i saw the BU game and, while i was pulling for them, i wouldn't have given them a snowball's chance against BC - every time i turned the game on, they were hemmed in and though BU kept taking penalties, UVM was doing well just to get out of their own end with the man advantage (i think they went 0-6 with 0 shots on the PP). i missed the quick back to back goals and much of the game before that so perhaps they were reallly just sitting on their lead?

any chance UVM gets an at-large bid (do they give at large bids in D1 hockey)?
They have them, but they give them in order of rankings, which are NCAA proprietary knowledge, but can be guessed at. With a large number of auto-bids (winners of all conference tourneys) that cut back the number of nationally ranked teams that made the tournament. Since UVM was estimated to be around 16th, they were guaranteed not to make the cut if they didn't win the Hockey East Championship.

Ah, well - next year. 'Course next year there's no Joe Fallon, so that's going to be UVM's main issue.

03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post

PM me with whatever questions you have and I would be happy to answer them for you.
Don't listen to her! When she was in college she never went to class because she was partying too much and hanging out with all the wrong guys! Guys like ME!!!!

Old
03-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Don't listen to her! When she was in college she never went to class because she was partying too much and hanging out with all the wrong guys! Guys like ME!!!!
So true but you're all so much fun.

Old
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
I will PM you tomorrow, I'm kind of busy right now.

Thanks for that info stuff though.

Old
03-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I'm back from the internet desert. We moved last weekend to Ft. Myers and it's taken til today to get the internet. It, and DirectTV, were supposed to be up on Saturday. Just got the TV stuff yesterday finally, but Embarq was a different story. Instead of the guy who comes to install the DSL giving you a modem and making sure everything works, they ship it through UPS, and spend a bunch of money. Well, UPS tried to send it 2 days before we were here, so we had to go way out and pick it up. The modem didn't work. I had to go get a new modem, now the router I had is shot and I need to get a new wireless router. ugh.

I know I was missed!

03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I'm back from the internet desert. We moved last weekend to Ft. Myers and it's taken til today to get the internet. It, and DirectTV, were supposed to be up on Saturday. Just got the TV stuff yesterday finally, but Embarq was a different story. Instead of the guy who comes to install the DSL giving you a modem and making sure everything works, they ship it through UPS, and spend a bunch of money. Well, UPS tried to send it 2 days before we were here, so we had to go way out and pick it up. The modem didn't work. I had to go get a new modem, now the router I had is shot and I need to get a new wireless router. ugh.

I know I was missed!
Glad to hear you're moved in, RT.

Are you making it to any games for the rest of this year?

Old
03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Glad to hear you're moved in, RT.

Are you making it to any games for the rest of this year?
Thanks Ratman. Was a great experience coming down here, moving in, and the house itself...so far. Other than the DirectTV and the internet stuff, it's been a good move. Now we're working on building up our company down here.

You brought up hockey in the Lounge?
Yeah, Van Murph hooked up Lauser and I with tickets to Saturday's game. Should be a lot of fun at the tailgate. Don't think I'm going tommorrow, though.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Laus723
Future Now

I'm doing a hockey blog for a friend of mine to help him increase his blog rankings. It's hockey...of course: http://hockeyape.blogspot.com/.

Old
03-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Congrats on the move Laus. Glad to hear you're back and everything is going well with the new place finally.

What kind of company do you have? If I remember correctly, it was a pool company, right?

Old
03-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Congrats on the move Laus. Glad to hear you're back and everything is going well with the new place finally.

What kind of company do you have? If I remember correctly, it was a pool company, right?
Thanks Rattrick. It's nice to have things getting back to normal, to a point.

Yes, I own a pool company. There are some commercial accounts I can pick up here that will be paying almost twice what I was making in Orlando. My best friend and I will pick those up while we build up the residential side. Going to take some time, but it will be well worth it. There's a lot of new areas with plenty of pools. Plenty of room for growth and financial opportunity. Add to that the low cost of homes here, it just seemed like a no brainer. The pool industry is a good industry to get into. I'm done everyday by noon, make good money, and work outside. Love it.

Last edited by Laus723: 03-27-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old
03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Thanks Rattrick. It's nice to have things getting back to normal, to a point.

Yes, I own a pool company. There are some commercial accounts I can pick up here that will be paying almost twice what I was making in Orlando. My best friend and I will pick those up while we build up the residential side. Going to take some time, but it will be well worth it. There's a lot of new areas with plenty of pools. Plenty of room for growth and financial opportunity. Add to that the low cost of homes here, it just seemed like a no brainer. The pool industry is a good industry to get into. I'm done everyday by noon, make good money, and work outside. Love it.
Yup, my best friend owns a vinyl inground pool company. Makes great money and loves the job.

My roommates parents have a pool, I'll have to see if they take care of it themselves or not and maybe get you some new business.

Old
03-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Happy Girl

Wow - what an awesome game. Kudos to Air Force for taking us in to OT. But way to go Justin Mercier, netting the game winner. Please Miami, make it to Denver.

Old
03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I love being a dad. I love watching her squeel and get excited when I come home, I love watching her learn and explore, and I love watching her personality blossom.

I also love watching her do things like chew on mom's flip flop and grab things out of the garbage. I get a kick out of that because I know that my future has me dropping her off away from her friends so I don't embarass her too much. I look forward to reminding her of how she used to chew shoes.

Old
03-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
I love being a dad. I love watching her squeel and get excited when I come home, I love watching her learn and explore, and I love watching her personality blossom.

I also love watching her do things like chew on mom's flip flop and grab things out of the garbage. I get a kick out of that because I know that my future has me dropping her off away from her friends so I don't embarass her too much. I look forward to reminding her of how she used to chew shoes.
Take pictures. You will need proof one day.

Wait 'til the boys start coming around...you will appreciate your wife's father in ways you never did before. LOL

Old
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
ratmanfu

Quote:

I'm getting to that point with my girl. She's fast approaching 10, and I've noticed that she acts a bit more annoyed by my presence when she's around her friends.

I've got maybe a couple more years before I'm relegated to some form of pariah status, but this was to be expected.

BTW, sorry I missed talking to you Saturday. When I called into the tailgate, Carlos told me you weren't on the scene yet.

Old
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
I'm having boys only. My god, the things I've done to the daughters of some poor saps out there make me want to never have a girl. If I had a daughter I would NEVER get a moments sleep her freshman year of college. Oh God, you guys are in for it.

Old
03-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Take pictures. You will need proof one day.

Wait 'til the boys start coming around...you will appreciate your wife's father in ways you never did before. LOL
Yeah, we've been taking some evidence pictures. My in-law story is a VERY long one, but I know what you mean. She's just a year old and my brother will call from time-to-time and ask if I'm ready to take his shotgun yet. LOL, I am looking into chastity belts, though.

Quote:
I'm getting to that point with my girl. She's fast approaching 10, and I've noticed that she acts a bit more annoyed by my presence when she's around her friends.

I've got maybe a couple more years before I'm relegated to some form of pariah status, but this was to be expected.

BTW, sorry I missed talking to you Saturday. When I called into the tailgate, Carlos told me you weren't on the scene yet.
Aw man, I didn't know you'd called. I didn't get there til after 6, I had to be at my best friend's little girl's party for a little bit. It was a good time, too much alcohol for me, though.

I'm not at all looking forward to that day, it's sad. I mean, I know she won't always be daddy's little girl like she is now, but don't be embarassed by me. I'm just trying to enjoy all these moments I have with her now. She'll just walk over and sit in my lap, lean against my chest, and do what ever it was she was doing before. I love that.

Quote:
I'm having boys only. My god, the things I've done to the daughters of some poor saps out there make me want to never have a girl. If I had a daughter I would NEVER get a moments sleep her freshman year of college. Oh God, you guys are in for it.
Yeah, I'll eventually accept my brother's offer, for guys like you...and me. Chastity belts, and a tattoo or something on her that explains how mean and vicious her dad and uncle are. LOL. I'll kill ya!
Having a little girl, puts things in a whole new perspective.

Old
03-30-2008, 10:56 PM
ratmanfu

Quote:
This reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes:

"Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you."

Old
03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
This reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes:

"Anything happens to my daughter, I got a .45 and a shovel, I doubt anybody would miss you."

Which movie is that? I remember the quote, I just can't place it.

Old
03-31-2008, 12:19 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Which movie is that? I remember the quote, I just can't place it.

That movie would be: Clueless.

Old
03-31-2008, 07:47 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

So I feel like an idiot. I tuned into Center Ice and saw we were playing. As I scrolled through the channels, the MLB package was on. All of my CI channels were baseball. So I'm having a hissy fit and my husband gets on the phone to call Comcast. Apparently, only our area had this weird 'bug' where the MLB package was on the CI channels. Long story, short, the schedule on the screen is for TOMORROW. I still have baseball, but they're supposed to be repairing the bug tonight.

Comcastic.

Old
04-01-2008, 10:59 PM
ratmanfu

Well Alan and Rich,

Looks like my request was honored a bit earlier than planned.

Old
04-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Well Alan and Rich,

Looks like my request was honored a bit earlier than planned.
Ah, well - welcome back to the world of mere mortals, Luis

Old
04-02-2008, 05:38 AM
ratmanfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Ah, well - welcome back to the world of mere mortals, Luis
Feels like early October circa 2005 for me today.

Old
04-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Happy Girl

Quote:
Feels like early October circa 2005 for me today.

the good old days ...

Closed Thread