HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Clint

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Feels like early October circa 2005 for me today.

I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You :pull hair:

Whew. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile, now.

Just kidding homey.

Old
04-03-2008, 02:02 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Well Alan and Rich,

Looks like my request was honored a bit earlier than planned.
Well, this makes sense to me now. Bummer...

04-04-2008, 09:28 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You I Hate You :pull hair:

Whew. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile, now.

Just kidding homey.

I guess I'll have to take that as a compliment, you charmer, you.

Old
04-08-2008, 12:22 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
In a Philipine prison

Old
04-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Well...that's one way to keep them all busy. Michael Jackson rehab. LOL

Old
04-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Acadmus

The new Jackie Chan/Jet Li movie Forbidden Kingdom just got its red carpet world premier last night in Williston, Vermont (the town next to the one where I work, where the area's only Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Toys 'R' Us, etc. are). I couldn't go

Apparently Vermont was pushed for because the writer and producer John Fusco lives in Stowe and the one American star of the film, Morgan Benoit, grew up in Burlington (and by his admission was not a model citizen). One of the hosts of the talk show I listen to on the radio in the morning went to the premier and was mentioning how Lion's Gate had sent tons of representatives to the premier to keep an eye out for pirates, and everyone going into the film was frisked going in like they were boarding a flight.

Anyway, Chan and Li were not in attendance, clearly waiting for the opening in Beijing next week, so no great loss in not going

EDIT: Hrm, looking at IMDb it's actually some other guy that's the star...Benoit's a supporting character. Phooey!

Last edited by Acadmus: 04-08-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old
04-09-2008, 02:12 AM
PanthersRule96

Anyone that was in that fantasy league.....that 3rd place matchup between Chaos2K and myself was probably the most ridiculous matchup I've ever seen. The finals had like 60 points each team or around that, I had 85 or so, Chaos had 93, just absolutely insane goal, assist and point totals, on top of everything else. We both had 8 wins, and I still lost in goaltending with a sub 2.00 GAA. Since when is a 1.80 not good enough to win. I must say, that was an absolutely ridiculous matchup, and was a good fantasy season, even though it sucks to not have won.... lol

Old
04-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Happy Girl

Wow - earthquake this morning, around 5:30. My house shook. Apparently it happened about 180 miles west of me. Then later this morning, around 11:15, there was an aftershock. Things rattled around at work for that too. New Madrid fault line.

Old
04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Girl View Post
Wow - earthquake this morning, around 5:30. My house shook. Apparently it happened about 180 miles west of me. Then later this morning, around 11:15, there was an aftershock. Things rattled around at work for that too. New Madrid fault line.
What? Earthquakes in Ohio? I had no idea.

Glad to hear you're okay.

Old
04-18-2008, 06:36 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Wow That's one of the last places in the country I'd expect to hear about an earthquake in. I hope there was no fatalities or major damage anywhere and everyone's alright up there.

Old
04-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Happy Girl

We've had a few smaller ones, like in January there was a small one up in Cleveland. That is about the same distance away as this one but I didn't feel that one. We do get them but not so frequently.

Old
04-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

One of my friends just told me about this. Scary stuff. Hope you stay safe.

Old
04-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Happy Girl

I really shouldn't watch Ghostly Encouters at night.

Old
04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Wow That's one of the last places in the country I'd expect to hear about an earthquake in. I hope there was no fatalities or major damage anywhere and everyone's alright up there.
Thing is, archaeologists know there was likely a catastrophic earthquake on the New Madrid fault line something like 1,000 years ago that completely obliterated an advanced Mesopotamian civilization that was the focus of the Native American world at the time. Destroyed the one major city that was at the heart of it and just scattered the surviving people to the four winds almost eliminating any trace of the culture that once was. Some say the New Madrid is overdue for another quake of that magnitude, too.

Good sci-fi book on that topic I read some years ago, The Rift. Check it out

Old
04-20-2008, 11:56 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Thing is, archaeologists know there was likely a catastrophic earthquake on the New Madrid fault line something like 1,000 years ago that completely obliterated an advanced Mesopotamian civilization that was the focus of the Native American world at the time. Destroyed the one major city that was at the heart of it and just scattered the surviving people to the four winds almost eliminating any trace of the culture that once was. Some say the New Madrid is overdue for another quake of that magnitude, too.

Sounds interesting. I think I will. Thanks

Old
04-21-2008, 08:08 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Isn't that the same area where the settlers experienced a really bad earthquake a couple hundred years ago? Sunk part of the land that the river swallowed up, caused sand fissures, and a lot of glowing lights? There was a great episode of it on the history channel.

Old
04-21-2008, 08:33 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Isn't that the same area where the settlers experienced a really bad earthquake a couple hundred years ago? Sunk part of the land that the river swallowed up, caused sand fissures, and a lot of glowing lights? There was a great episode of it on the history channel.
Actually, I think I did hear about that - it was probably in that same book I mentioned. It's a "what if?" type novel and I'm sure it gave some background history on the New Madrid faultline.

*sigh* I'm just coming to the realization we're officially in the Panthers-news-dead-zone...what with no playoffs, there'll be no news on a regular basis, just stories here or there...

Old
04-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Sounds interesting. I think I will. Thanks
Here's a link to it on Amazon

Old
04-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Actually, I think I did hear about that - it was probably in that same book I mentioned. It's a "what if?" type novel and I'm sure it gave some background history on the New Madrid faultline.

*sigh* I'm just coming to the realization we're officially in the Panthers-news-dead-zone...what with no playoffs, there'll be no news on a regular basis, just stories here or there...
Yep..BIG sigh!

Was a really interesting episode. Of course, they launched into the "what if that type of powerful earthquake happened today" scenario in that region. Was really interesting.

Old
04-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yep..BIG sigh!

Was a really interesting episode. Of course, they launched into the "what if that type of powerful earthquake happened today" scenario in that region. Was really interesting.
That's the whole premise of that book, "The Rift"...of course it's 10 years out of date now

Let's just say I never want to be caught in the St. Louis Arch when one strikes

Old
04-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
That's the whole premise of that book, "The Rift"...of course it's 10 years out of date now

Let's just say I never want to be caught in the St. Louis Arch when one strikes
lol, no doubt.

Old
04-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Clint

Hey guys. Finals week sucks. Off-season sucks.

That is all.

Old
04-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Hey guys. Finals week sucks. Off-season sucks.

That is all.
Heh - I had a dream last night that it was finals week and I was missing all my finals because I didn't have a schedule...

...and I've been out of college for a decade. I must've been channelling you, Clint

Old
04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Clint

Quote:
Heh - I had a dream last night that it was finals week and I was missing all my finals because I didn't have a schedule...

...and I've been out of college for a decade. I must've been channelling you, Clint
I don't even need to say it anymore. You have just submitted. We are one and the same.

Old
04-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Sooooo...it's looking like we're headed back to Orlando. Maybe it's because I've worked for myself for the last 4 years, but I had no idea the job market was this bad down here. I can't get a job anywhere. I've tried towing companies, other pool companies, the sheriff's office (only hiring corrections deputies, I was hoping for 911 operator, clerk, or aide), Best Buy, Home Depot, Blockbuster (I was a manager with them for a long time during college), and even Target. Nothing!

I mailed out several hundred postcards and haven't recived one phone call, thought I'd at least receive one. That's how it usually works, you get phone calls on about 10 to 15% what you mail out. Nothing.

I at least know in Orlando that I can get vacation homes for a good amount and can go to the hotels to supplement until my wife finishes school and I build up my route again. My wife really likes it here, but we can't stay if we don't get any money coming in.

Even if I could get a job at some of the places I've looked, it's probably a difference of $1600 to $2000 here as opposed to $3200 to $4000 in Orlando, without my wife working and being able to focus on school. I love Orlando, just feel bad for her, she has family here and she really likes the house we're renting.

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Closed Thread