HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part III

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2008, 02:19 PM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob W View Post
I thought skating was supposed to be one of Stewart's strengths. According to HF

"Talent Analysis

A physical player who will crash and bang, with good speed and skating. Needs to fill out his frame some and develop his offensive game more."
I'll defer to the HFBoards talent analysis; after all, they're paying the bills.

I don't necessarily see much conflict though with what I said, though. Stewart's been some good news this season by showing more upside. to give credit where due, I believe Montreal has had him on the radar for a while.

I just can't see him translating into much more than a grinder who can chip in the occasional goal, if he makes the pros at all. Not that that's a bad expectation given that all teams need to round out a roster with these types of guys. Sort of like Aaron Downey getting ice time in Detroit.

It's just interesting in that guys like Kosto get such a rough ride when they don't perform above certain expectations. I'd love to see Stewart maintain his progression. I just don't expect that he'll be impressing the fan base just through his hard work if and when he does make the big team.

Old
02-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
They always take forever to upload the highlights on the Dogs website

Old
02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Chipchura is back tonight. Grabovski should be back Friday. Biron won't be too far away after Grabs.

0-1: Halak beaten by early redirection right in front of him.

Old
02-06-2008, 07:39 PM
ohiohabsfan

The Bulldogs are live on Fox Sport Ohio tonight.

I am not kidding, there are 55 people at this game.

The stands are totally empty.

Old
02-06-2008, 07:48 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Article on Halak demotion to AHL + some Dogs news

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-06-2008, 07:50 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999 View Post
I'll defer to the HFBoards talent analysis; after all, they're paying the bills.

I don't necessarily see much conflict though with what I said, though. Stewart's been some good news this season by showing more upside. to give credit where due, I believe Montreal has had him on the radar for a while.

I just can't see him translating into much more than a grinder who can chip in the occasional goal, if he makes the pros at all. Not that that's a bad expectation given that all teams need to round out a roster with these types of guys. Sort of like Aaron Downey getting ice time in Detroit.

It's just interesting in that guys like Kosto get such a rough ride when they don't perform above certain expectations. I'd love to see Stewart maintain his progression. I just don't expect that he'll be impressing the fan base just through his hard work if and when he does make the big team.
Could he become a Steve Begin type of player

Old
02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohabsfan View Post
The Bulldogs are live on Fox Sport Ohio tonight.

I am not kidding, there are 55 people at this game.

The stands are totally empty.
I think you are being generous in saying there are 55 people there.The empty arena is sad to look at.Is there a storm in the area of something? How is attendance normally in Hamilton?

Old
02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Halak seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He'll get his chance to shine someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I think you are being generous in saying there are 55 people there.The empty arena is sad to look at.Is there a storm in the area of something? How is attendance normally in Hamilton?
Yup, Southern Ontario has had loads of snow/sleet/rain today. Terrible day in terms of weather. You should have seen the roads in the morning.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 02-07-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old
02-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Qui Gon Dave

End of the 1st - Game tied at 1

Decent period for the Dogs, it ended much better than it started. They gave up an early goal as the three Monsters forwards gained the zone. The puck was passed from the left wing to the front of the net and tipped in front of Halak, beating him. Early on, the Dogs couldn't get many decent chances of their own but that would change as the period went along.

There was some more uncertainty in the Dogs zone after that goal. Tank tried an ill advised spinorama in front of Halak and nearly lost it. Halak had another shot sneak through him but he was able to reach behind himself and keep it out. They would combine later on to stop another Monsters goal. Halak made a big save as a forward got open going to the back post. He fired a shot and Halak stopped it but was out of position as the rebound went to the other side of the goal. Tank was able to get to the puck first and hold off another forward to prevent a shot at the open side of the net. Corso also may have prevented a goal. The guy he was marking got behind him and beat him to the front of the net. He nearly took reception of a pass but Corso hooked him off his feet. Lucky for the Dogs there was no call.

The Dogs got this turned around with some good checking to start with. Ferland, Degon and I think Stewart all delivered big hits and not long after, the Dogs started getting their own chances. The goal itself went to Carle. He had the puck on the right half boards and fired a wrister on goal with Manlow setting an awesome screen in front. Eric just managed to get out the way of the puck as it went underneath the bar. Carle from D'Agostini and Cote.

The Corso, Locke, Milroy line has had some good chances. Milroy nearly converted a pass from Carle but the puck went airborn on him. He tapped it a couple of times but couldn't direct it past the goalie. Lahti also had a good chance after good setup work by D'Ago. He went round the net and put the puck out front. Lahti fired it on goal but was stopped with a blocker save.

2nd period coming up...

Old
02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Qui Gon Dave

End of the 2nd - game still tied 1-1

quick recap:

- D'ago had the puck on the right wing and wound up for a shot. He faked it and walked through everyone to the front of the net. He moved to the backhand but couldn't score. Nice to see a variation from him.
- The Dogs didn't seem to be giving as many chances around their goal that period. Good work by them.
- Carle made another pass to the front of the net, this time for Stewart but his tip went just wide.
- The Monsters tried to start a rush up but it was broken up by the linesman. They got the puck back and tried again, only to be stopped again by the same linesman. Good play by that guy, give him a Dogs jersey
- Locke and Corso showed some nice teamwork to move the puck up ice, very fluid play. Hope they can do that more often.
- Gleed made a nice defensive play to stop his man 1 on 1 on a rush. Good support from his teammates made getting the puck back an easy play.
- Baines and Stewart had a 2 on 1. Baines passed across to the left for Stewart, but his one timer went wide.
- Halak has been good down low, made a very nice pad save in the 2nd.
- Dogs had a too many men penalty but killed it off. The Monsters kept it in the zone most of the time but I'm not sure they got a shot.
- D'Ago drew a penalty at the end after pulling the 'through the legs' move Ovechkin and Zherdev like to use. Only D'Ago did it more at the kind of speed I can do it as opposed to the aforementioned puck wizards Still nice to see it though.

3rd period coming up - there might not be a report for it, if there is, it might be very short. Damn wednesday night games...

Old
02-06-2008, 09:15 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Halak seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He'll get his chance to shine someday.
Coach Lever didn't liked his comments.

Old
02-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Locke wins it in OT after taking a pass from Degon on a 2 on 1. Wrists it nearside top corner to end the game. Well done Corey, good game from the boys tonight

Old
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
TheCinBin

Send a message via AIM to TheCinBin
The Cyclones defeated the Mississippi Sea Wolves by a score of 8-3 today. It was the first of only second meetings between the two teams all season. 8 different Cyclones scored goals (including Thomas Beauregard) and all but two skaters ended up having points in the game. Cedrick Dejardins picked up the win, his 14th victory of the season. It was the 7th straight win for Cincinnati as they remain in first place in their Nothern Division.

I caught some of the Lake Eerie-Hamilton game on FSN Ohio tonight and yeah ... what was attendance at that game? I have been to Tuesday night ECHL games with an announced attendance of 700 that made that look big.

Old
02-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Game sheet............

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1004209

They say there was over 2,500. Obviously that was tickets sold. My guess was that it looked like about 500-700. I know of 4 tickets that eren't used.

Old
02-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Huge snow storm in the hammer from what I'm told...

Actually more like freezing rain/ice storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Game sheet............

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1004209

They say there was over 2,500. Obviously that was tickets sold. My guess was that it looked like about 500-700. I know of 4 tickets that eren't used.
I know of another 4 from buddies back home.

Old
02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Huge snow storm in the hammer from what I'm told...

Actually more like freezing rain/ice storm

I know of another 4 from buddies back home.
OK that's 8, only 1,996 to go .

Old
02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
ohiohabsfan

There's no way there was 2,500 people there, unless they all watched the games from the concession stands.

That was the most empty arena i have ever seen.

Old
02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I watched the last 2 periods of the game and here are a few things i noticed from some of our prospects:

Halak: excellent in net, so quick and was good in controlling his rebounds. I sure hope we don't trade him away or lose him for next to nothing.
Valentenko: excellent positionally on d all night, this kid has a rocket of a shot and created many chances on the pp by getting the puck to the net.
D'ago: Great speed, nice hands and a hard shot, created many chances.
Locke: not his greatest game, was invisible at many points, but he scored a big goal to win it in OT
Carle: a couple of sloppy plays, not his greatest game, does make great break out passes.

Old
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
albertabound

Any Up Date On How Chipchura Played?

Old
02-07-2008, 11:58 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
I Can't Really Be Sure.

Old
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
He was ok, a solid game by him, nothing flashy that I can think of.

Old
02-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCinBin View Post
The Cyclones defeated the Mississippi Sea Wolves by a score of 8-3 today. It was the first of only second meetings between the two teams all season. 8 different Cyclones scored goals (including Thomas Beauregard) and all but two skaters ended up having points in the game. Cedrick Dejardins picked up the win, his 14th victory of the season. It was the 7th straight win for Cincinnati as they remain in first place in their Nothern Division.

I caught some of the Lake Eerie-Hamilton game on FSN Ohio tonight and yeah ... what was attendance at that game? I have been to Tuesday night ECHL games with an announced attendance of 700 that made that look big.
Nice to see them do well, did you watch the game? How was Beauregard?

Old
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He was ok, a solid game by him, nothing flashy that I can think of.
Yeah he was solid throughout the game, he set up a 2 on 1 with hard work along the boards near the end of the game but the d broke it up with a good play.

Old
02-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiohabsfan View Post
There's no way there was 2,500 people there, unless they all watched the games from the concession stands.

That was the most empty arena i have ever seen.

There wasn't, the number listed on the stats sheet is tickets sold. Every team does it that way.

Old
02-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
I thought he played an ok/average game last night. Did a number of the usual things you can expect from him but he didn't do so well with the puck. I thought he was trying to do too much with it last night. I have no problem with him holding onto it, because he can keep it. Last night, he just seemed to have a little trouble keeping it. There were a few occasions where he had passes on but ignored the option in order to continue stick handling, only to lose the puck.

Nothing to worry about, just one of those games.

Closed Thread