HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

19th in TSN's Power Rankings..

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2004, 10:56 AM
  #1
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
19th in TSN's Power Rankings..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=549

Thats right, the Rangers, Wild, Oilers, Kings, Islanders among others all are ranked above us.

Rock on TSN

Enoch is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 11:37 AM
  #2
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: IR with CBJ
Country: Qatar
Posts: 11,044
vCash: 500
LOL, I saw that too. Horrible.

Jovavic is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 12:06 PM
  #3
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,760
vCash: 500
What's worse is that we just beat Minnesota and Edmonton in the week he just ranked.


Enoch is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 12:30 PM
  #4
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,411
vCash: 500
he's probably afraid that if he ranks us too high, leipold might see it and reconsider moving to winnipeg

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 01:42 PM
  #5
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Is anyone really suprised at this? I consider us lucky that we are even ranked, since TSN is a Canadien site anyways..

Radulov for Czar* is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
  #6
AL-Canadian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Is anyone really suprised at this? I consider us lucky that we are even ranked, since TSN is a Canadien site anyways..
Jonesey - What does it have to do with being a Canadian (see the proper spelling - you have the French version, which les Habitants de Montreal use actually) site? There are a ton of US-ites that are downgrading the Preds. If you really want to come across as someone with knowledge about hockey, it doesn't help your cause to put down those who live and breathe the game. When the Preds make the playoffs, they really will have accomplished something. Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.

AL-Canadian is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 02:21 PM
  #7
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
Jonesey - What does it have to do with being a Canadian (see the proper spelling - you have the French version, which les Habitants de Montreal use actually) site? There are a ton of US-ites that are downgrading the Preds. If you really want to come across as someone with knowledge about hockey, it doesn't help your cause to put down those who live and breathe the game. When the Preds make the playoffs, they really will have accomplished something. Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.
I've always used the ien version, even when I lived 20 miles or so from Canada, and when I visited. I was merely pointing out the fact that we still get no respect even when we beat 3 of the top teams in the league in one week. My comment was to be taken tounge-in-cheek so to speak, I really didn't think it would cause an uproar and I'm sorry you took offense to it.

Radulov for Czar* is offline  
Old
01-24-2004, 07:19 PM
  #8
biscuithead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
Jonesey - What does it have to do with being a Canadian (see the proper spelling - you have the French version, which les Habitants de Montreal use actually) site? There are a ton of US-ites that are downgrading the Preds. If you really want to come across as someone with knowledge about hockey, it doesn't help your cause to put down those who live and breathe the game. When the Preds make the playoffs, they really will have accomplished something. Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.
Power rankings are for the current season up to the date of release. They're not based upon previous years or playoffs, etc. Otherwise how would you explain Tampa's spot @ 12th? The fact that the Rags are a 9 totally discredits these rankings! What US sites are downgrading the Preds? We're 13th on ESPN.com, up from 14th. SI has us up to 12 from 14.

biscuithead is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 12:10 AM
  #9
golfmade
Go Preds Go
 
golfmade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Idahoan in Taiwan
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 19,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.
Just what the heck does past seasons performances have to do with regular season power rankings?

golfmade is offline  
Old
01-25-2004, 12:13 AM
  #10
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Just what the heck does past seasons performances have to do with regular season power rankings?
My thoughts exactly. Maybe he was rationalizing TSN's patheticly inaccurate rankings.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 02:05 AM
  #11
AL-Canadian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
My thoughts exactly. Maybe he was rationalizing TSN's patheticly inaccurate rankings.
Nope - just saying a team isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt without having proven themself. I'm not saying I'm was happy to see those ratings (I actually laughed at them), however, my point was several of the "american" sites have dissed the Preds before. Why hammer a Canadian site (probably the most knowledge network for hockey around - ESPN, FOX, SportsSouth better?)?

Sorry for causing several folks to blow a gasket over my comments to begin with.

AL-Canadian is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 11:03 AM
  #12
biscuithead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
Nope - just saying a team isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt without having proven themself. I'm not saying I'm was happy to see those ratings (I actually laughed at them), however, my point was several of the "american" sites have dissed the Preds before. Why hammer a Canadian site (probably the most knowledge network for hockey around - ESPN, FOX, SportsSouth better?)?

Sorry for causing several folks to blow a gasket over my comments to begin with.
We've complained about those other sites when they ignored us but this slight is worse when everyone else is recognizing the Preds' play. You still haven't answered how Tampa has "proven" themselves. How many playoff appearances have they made?

biscuithead is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 02:43 PM
  #13
AL-Canadian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
We've complained about those other sites when they ignored us but this slight is worse when everyone else is recognizing the Preds' play. You still haven't answered how Tampa has "proven" themselves. How many playoff appearances have they made?
Last season's was a pretty impressive playoff appearance if I remember correctly. Came back from 2-0 against the Caps and gave the Cup winners a pretty solid series. The 'Bolts have the scoring we wish the Preds could find and their defense and goaltending is also solid (rather have Vokoun though)

Again - a thousand apologies for ruffling some feathers here

AL-Canadian is offline  
Old
01-26-2004, 05:09 PM
  #14
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,907
vCash: 500
Yeh, we ***** about all media, not just Canadian based

triggrman is offline  
Old
01-27-2004, 10:41 PM
  #15
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=549

Thats right, the Rangers, Wild, Oilers, Kings, Islanders among others all are ranked above us.

Rock on TSN
Here is the reason why

"Power Rankings are produced using a formula that takes into account a compilation of individual player grades based on statistical production"

Our team does not have guys with huge stats. TEAM TSN should get the concept instead of focusing on individual stats.

Gnashville is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.