HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

19th in TSN's Power Rankings..

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
19th in TSN's Power Rankings..

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=549

Thats right, the Rangers, Wild, Oilers, Kings, Islanders among others all are ranked above us.

Rock on TSN

Old
01-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

LOL, I saw that too. Horrible.

Old
01-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

What's worse is that we just beat Minnesota and Edmonton in the week he just ranked.

Old
01-24-2004, 12:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

he's probably afraid that if he ranks us too high, leipold might see it and reconsider moving to winnipeg

Old
01-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Is anyone really suprised at this? I consider us lucky that we are even ranked, since TSN is a Canadien site anyways..

Old
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
AL-Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
Is anyone really suprised at this? I consider us lucky that we are even ranked, since TSN is a Canadien site anyways..
Jonesey - What does it have to do with being a Canadian (see the proper spelling - you have the French version, which les Habitants de Montreal use actually) site? There are a ton of US-ites that are downgrading the Preds. If you really want to come across as someone with knowledge about hockey, it doesn't help your cause to put down those who live and breathe the game. When the Preds make the playoffs, they really will have accomplished something. Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.

Old
01-24-2004, 02:21 PM
Radulov for Czar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian
Jonesey - What does it have to do with being a Canadian (see the proper spelling - you have the French version, which les Habitants de Montreal use actually) site? There are a ton of US-ites that are downgrading the Preds. If you really want to come across as someone with knowledge about hockey, it doesn't help your cause to put down those who live and breathe the game. When the Preds make the playoffs, they really will have accomplished something. Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.
I've always used the ien version, even when I lived 20 miles or so from Canada, and when I visited. I was merely pointing out the fact that we still get no respect even when we beat 3 of the top teams in the league in one week. My comment was to be taken tounge-in-cheek so to speak, I really didn't think it would cause an uproar and I'm sorry you took offense to it.

Old
01-24-2004, 07:19 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Power rankings are for the current season up to the date of release. They're not based upon previous years or playoffs, etc. Otherwise how would you explain Tampa's spot @ 12th? The fact that the Rags are a 9 totally discredits these rankings! What US sites are downgrading the Preds? We're 13th on ESPN.com, up from 14th. SI has us up to 12 from 14.

Old
01-25-2004, 12:10 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Several of those teams TSN has rated ahead of the Preds have proven they can get the job done (playoffs), so until we're there, respect still has to be earned.
Just what the heck does past seasons performances have to do with regular season power rankings?

Old
01-25-2004, 12:13 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Just what the heck does past seasons performances have to do with regular season power rankings?
My thoughts exactly. Maybe he was rationalizing TSN's patheticly inaccurate rankings.

Old
01-26-2004, 02:05 AM
AL-Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
My thoughts exactly. Maybe he was rationalizing TSN's patheticly inaccurate rankings.
Nope - just saying a team isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt without having proven themself. I'm not saying I'm was happy to see those ratings (I actually laughed at them), however, my point was several of the "american" sites have dissed the Preds before. Why hammer a Canadian site (probably the most knowledge network for hockey around - ESPN, FOX, SportsSouth better?)?

Sorry for causing several folks to blow a gasket over my comments to begin with.

Old
01-26-2004, 11:03 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Nope - just saying a team isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt without having proven themself. I'm not saying I'm was happy to see those ratings (I actually laughed at them), however, my point was several of the "american" sites have dissed the Preds before. Why hammer a Canadian site (probably the most knowledge network for hockey around - ESPN, FOX, SportsSouth better?)?

Sorry for causing several folks to blow a gasket over my comments to begin with.
We've complained about those other sites when they ignored us but this slight is worse when everyone else is recognizing the Preds' play. You still haven't answered how Tampa has "proven" themselves. How many playoff appearances have they made?

Old
01-26-2004, 02:43 PM
AL-Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
We've complained about those other sites when they ignored us but this slight is worse when everyone else is recognizing the Preds' play. You still haven't answered how Tampa has "proven" themselves. How many playoff appearances have they made?
Last season's was a pretty impressive playoff appearance if I remember correctly. Came back from 2-0 against the Caps and gave the Cup winners a pretty solid series. The 'Bolts have the scoring we wish the Preds could find and their defense and goaltending is also solid (rather have Vokoun though)

Again - a thousand apologies for ruffling some feathers here

Old
01-26-2004, 05:09 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeh, we ***** about all media, not just Canadian based

Old
01-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=549

Thats right, the Rangers, Wild, Oilers, Kings, Islanders among others all are ranked above us.

Rock on TSN
Here is the reason why

"Power Rankings are produced using a formula that takes into account a compilation of individual player grades based on statistical production"

Our team does not have guys with huge stats. TEAM TSN should get the concept instead of focusing on individual stats.

Closed Thread